IGNORED

Impressed By The Gas...

The Humble Realist

Their fans were poor apart from for 5 minutes after they scored. And their football was classic precentages football, pump it into the box and down the channels and hope for a break. Horrible to watch, horrible to play, horribly outdated . . . League 2

Exactly this.

If you were to take a little gander on their forum they are all slapping themselves on the back for being magnificent fans again! They were bang average and actually for the numbers - piss poor. Deluded.

We're crying out for that midfield general, a Paul Hartley. Too many times the ball went onto the wings, we need to learn to pass through the center as I believe we could create some real damage with our attacking options.

I totally agree, most of the pressure we came under last night was self inflicted, either a sloppy/casual pass in dangerous position or a silly foul in and around the box, Pack does get stuck in and is clever enough to commit his fouls in and around the half way line, but was guilty of a couple very casual passes that put us in danger. We need somebody to organise the midfield when we are under pressure and keep a cool head and bring the best out of a very talented trio of Reid, Bryan and Pack.

A couple of the pundits (and Ward) made me laugh by saying they have given a team who was in the championship last year a run for their money.

I think the only regular from our championship team who was in the starting 11 was moloney.

Yeah, what a load of spin that was.

Face facts Wardy (and I like the guy after taking us us) - we're a team currently lying one place above relegation in League 1 but without the players we had in the Championship!!

Was disappointed by their support. If that was us - taking 2,500 to an imaginary east end at the mem - I'm reasonably certain that we'd have left the roof in need of re attaching afterwards. Hardly heard them, and I was as close to them as was physically possible from the dolman.

Was disappointed by their support. If that was us - taking 2,500 to an imaginary east end at the mem - I'm reasonably certain that we'd have left the roof in need of re attaching afterwards. Hardly heard them, and I was as close to them as was physically possible from the dolman.

I promise you we were VERY loud- my ears were ringing- the reason you couldn't hear us is because you were loud too (The only City fans I heard were those in the East End next to us, and that was only occasionally)

I promise you we were VERY loud- my ears were ringing- the reason you couldn't hear us is because you were loud too (The only City fans I heard were those in the East End next to us, and that was only occasionally)

I was the other side of the east end and I can promise you were not Bradford were louder. Like I said you improved in the second half but the first half you were very quiet. I even commented that I was shocked how quiet you lot were.

I was the other side of the east end and I can promise you were not Bradford were louder. Like I said you improved in the second half but the first half you were very quiet. I even commented that I was shocked how quiet you lot were.

Next time your neighbour puts on loud music, put on some loud music yourself, you then will not hear your neighbours music.

To be honest the rovers fans were loud ish, although Bradford sounded better with just over 1000 earlier this season, but to be fair to them that could have been down to me being in the east end and being deaf 15 minutes in! My real criticism of the rovers fans is lack of song variety? One song you've only got one song being belted out from our side of the ee couldn't have been more apt, why do they sing such a depressing song as there 'anthem' anyway, makes them all sound so slow and dull...............oh hang on

in answer to the thread title, a big NO.

I don't get the love in here, they were shit, they had a 15 minute spell at the beginning of the 2nd half and scored, big deal pretty much every bit of danger created was self inflicted by us even their goal came from a silly foul.

The gas fans might be heartened, I still believe they are miles away from being even a reasonable side.

Yeah, what a load of spin that was.

Face facts Wardy (and I like the guy after taking us us) - we're a team currently lying one place above relegation in League 1 but without the players we had in the Championship!!

Well, the last eight words are a positive ;)

in answer to the thread title, a big NO.

I don't get the love in here, they were shit, they had a 15 minute spell at the beginning of the 2nd half and scored, big deal pretty much every bit of danger created was self inflicted by us even their goal came from a silly foul.

The gas fans might be heartened, I still believe they are miles away from being even a reasonable side.

I thought they were dire as well.

Miles off it. Junk

Do you think, one day, Rovers will let us have a roof? After all these years. That would be lovely. What about somewhere to sit, too, or is that asking too much, too soon? We mustn't push them. Just a roof for now. That would be wonderful. Thanks, Rovers.

Their fans were poor apart from for 5 minutes after they scored. And their football was classic precentages football, pump it into the box and down the channels and hope for a break. Horrible to watch, horrible to play, horribly outdated . . . League 2

People have forgotten a lot of Ward's football with us was like this.

When given big money to spend for the first time he bought Dyche and Torpey, one hoofing it in the direction of the other.

Good job he inherited Tinnion and Goater, wasn't it?

Exactly. It's all very well thinking they were 'VERY loud', as they probably aren't used to that number in a stand such a the EE where it is easy to deafen yourself.

But compared to other support we see regularly, and particularly considering it was their (and of course, ours)first derby in years, they were average at best.

Exactly. It's all very well thinking they were 'VERY loud', as they probably aren't used to that number in a stand such a the EE where it is easy to deafen yourself.

But compared to other support we see regularly, and particularly considering it was their (and of course, ours)first derby in years, they were average at best.

Yeh okay, whatever. The Rovers forums are full of how quiet City were, and how we couldn't hear them (which we couldn't), so I have come to the conclusion that a lot of forumers on both sides are either a) Liars b) On a wind up or c) lacking in basic common sense, or even a combination of all 3.

Just saying like :)

I thought we made hard work of seeing off an ordinary 4th division side.

Probably due to the fact we are a 3rd division side and the difference 'ain't' that great.

it takes two teams to make a truly cracking and memorable match and I thought both sides did that along with great support by 97.5%

'Away fans make noise in local derby' Blimey, what next, 'someone gets booked for overly vigorous tackle, in local derby'? Hold the back page. Rovers, you made some noise. In the away end. In a local derby. Well done.

It isn't only hard-of-hearing City cider boys and girls who are failing to recognise the outstanding contribution made by brfc to everything wonderful about football, though. This morning, the Independent newspaper, up that bloody London, has a ridiculous heading, which runs as follows: 'Rickie Lambert's selection exposes England's dearth of talent.' What is wrong with these people, do they know nothing of this glorious game? Do they not think the Rovers have had a tough enough week as it is, without deliberately provoking them with stories like this? Rickie is the first Rovers striker to play in a World Cup qualifier, decades after City, of course, provided someone to power this country to a WC (yes, yes, I know, TECHNICALLY, he is employed by some folks called Southampton, but you try telling The Post that!) Our Woy will have Wickie and his new pals playing the sort of classy, sophisticated international football that is guaranteed to put the wind up the Spaniards and Germans. And Brazi is positively foaming at the mouth in anticipation at seeing this new dawn for English football, with its goal scoring spearhead from BS7.

Dearth of talent. Bloody London papers. Get on my wick(ie)

Probably due to the fact we are a 3rd division side and the difference 'ain't' that great.

it takes two teams to make a truly cracking and memorable match and I thought both sides did that along with great support by 97.5%

I calculated it to be closer to 92%.

'Away fans make noise in local derby' Blimey, what next, 'someone gets booked for overly vigorous tackle, in local derby'? Hold the back page. Rovers, you made some noise. In the away end. In a local derby. Well done.

It isn't only hard-of-hearing City cider boys and girls who are failing to recognise the outstanding contribution made by brfc to everything wonderful about football, though. This morning, the Independent newspaper, up that bloody London, has a ridiculous heading, which runs as follows: 'Rickie Lambert's selection exposes England's dearth of talent.' What is wrong with these people, do they know nothing of this glorious game? Do they not think the Rovers have had a tough enough week as it is, without deliberately provoking them with stories like this? Rickie is the first Rovers striker to play in a World Cup qualifier, decades after City, of course, provided someone to power this country to a WC (yes, yes, I know, TECHNICALLY, he is employed by some folks called Southampton, but you try telling The Post that!) Our Woy will have Wickie and his new pals playing the sort of classy, sophisticated international football that is guaranteed to put the wind up the Spaniards and Germans. And Brazi is positively foaming at the mouth in anticipation at seeing this new dawn for English football, with its goal scoring spearhead from BS7.

Dearth of talent. Bloody London papers. Get on my wick(ie)

If you are going to mention The Great One, show some respect and use his full title of SIr Rickie The City Slayer, it's the least he deserves :)

If you are going to mention The Great One, show some respect and use his full title of SIr Rickie The City Slayer, it's the least he deserves :)

I honestly think this is the worst English side we have ever had, used to enjoy watching England games i think the prem has killed our national team.

I will have to, if I have any hopes of getting a foot in the door up the Post. Thanks for that tip. Be my sub ed? Cheers. Here's my next scribble

So, tonight, we are 'Playing the Moldovans at football. At Wembley. With the City player Sric, no thats wrong. With a gasshole'. Didn't someone write a hilarious book about this? Or is tonight just another episode, with more comic antics to add, or perhaps its the sequel or something. Doesn't he go round Ireland in a fridge, as well? Steven Ireland? No idea. Just dribbling now.

Good luck Ricky. Slay those Mouldovans, sir. And the Post will wax lyrical, sing your praises. You deserve it.

Ps. Clean this up for me, Miah. Cheers

Archived