IGNORED

A Moral Dilemma

A Horse With No Name

I knew people from the cardiff situation and didn't say anything, i wouldn't this time. Not to protect anyone as behaviour like that is a disgrace, but i dont know if the people who will be on the paper were the ones causing trouble or if they were light heartedly celebrating. Lets face it when it comes to football the police tar us all with the same brush.

Even if I knew some of the people in question, I certainly would not grass em up. Do you think the old bill feel morally wrong when they start swinging at innocents?? I think quite the opposite to be honest. I understand 2 wrongs don't make a right and I'm sure you'll have enough to say about it but there is no way in hell I would "assist" them for something like that. I read somewhere they have a sort of bonus scheme in place for coppers who get banning orders for people, its like an incentive to incite trouble and get people banned a'la cardiff.

• Admin

For the worst transgressors the club/police will not need anyone to snitch if a) their cctv coverage is good and b) they're not afraid of putting in some hard graft viewing it. Simply follow the individuals back to their seats, cross reference it with prior match attendance (buying history) to check the same person sat in the correct seat and then check the database for an address to knock on a door.

On the news this morning they mentioned Police now only investigate/act on x% of all crimes reported, cant remember but it was a low number. Surely this (walking on a football pitch) is a massive waste of resources considering the real crime that is going unpunished.....

When will this which hunt end against a few people who ran across the pitch.

Im from Knowle West we don't grass.

Pathetic.

And it's not a witch hunt for people who ran on the pitch. The majority of people on the pitch committed just one offence, going on the pitch. The club won't be looking for them. There's too many of them and not that big a deal to them. FACT.

The ones the club/police are after, and we'll see the mugshots of, are the people who actually acted like *****s and are wanted for justifiable reasons. This 'I'm not a grass' bollocks is so ridiculous, especially that you felt the need to state where you live, as if that is relevant!

The only violence I saw wss a policeman smashing someone in the face with a baton at half time. Utterly unprovoked and almost caused a riot.

Will his picture appear? I doubt it.

A slightly cringe inducing pitch invasion has been utterly over blown. The usual hysterical gorms desperate to comment on something that obviously didn't involve them.

Some handbags between Rovers "fans" and the police will have been fully covered by CCTV. Like wise City fans in Williams and EE will also be on CCTV if they threw something.

You would of thought someone had died.

I somehow managed to spend all day drinking, left bang on full time and didn't see a sniff of aggro all day. I know it happened, but it's not hard to avoid.

Some of the people who had their photos plastered all over the press after Cardiff were guilty of such crimes as sticking a finger up to a camera and swearing.

So think before you shop someone. Unless you actually saw something happen, be wary you could be causing someone a lifetime of grief for something that wouldn't normally get a second glance.

The majority of people who see the pictures in the Post will not be members of this forum and will have no interst in City or football in general. This will probably mean their views will be different to the majority of the posts on this subject - i.e. they will tell the police who these people are.

Then you've got to factor in the fact that a lot of City fans on the pitch will be known to gas fans. They may be very keen to name names.

In other words, if you're in the Post, you haven't got much of a chance

The only violence I saw wss a policeman smashing someone in the face with a baton at half time. Utterly unprovoked and almost caused a riot.

Will his picture appear? I doubt it.

A slightly cringe inducing pitch invasion has been utterly over blown. The usual hysterical gorms desperate to comment on something that obviously didn't involve them.

Some handbags between Rovers "fans" and the police will have been fully covered by CCTV. Like wise City fans in Williams and EE will also be on CCTV if they threw something.

You would of thought someone had died.

I somehow managed to spend all day drinking, left bang on full time and didn't see a sniff of aggro all day. I know it happened, but it's not hard to avoid.

Some of the people who had their photos plastered all over the press after Cardiff were guilty of such crimes as sticking a finger up to a camera and swearing.

So think before you shop someone. Unless you actually saw something happen, be wary you could be causing someone a lifetime of grief for something that wouldn't normally get a second glance.

Spot on.

Not condoning what happened in any way but I find it annoying is a high percentage of posters taking the moral high ground now should rewind and look at some of thier posts prior to the game giving it the big one about "tunnels" "not showing" and general abuse to any Gas Head who posted on here.

But hey thats ok it was behind a keyboard and "nobody engaged the field of play" hypocrites the lot of them.

Pathetic.

And it's not a witch hunt for people who ran on the pitch. The majority of people on the pitch committed just one offence, going on the pitch. The club won't be looking for them. There's too many of them and not that big a deal to them. FACT.

The ones the club/police are after, and we'll see the mugshots of, are the people who actually acted like *****s and are wanted for justifiable reasons. This 'I'm not a grass' bollocks is so ridiculous, especially that you felt the need to state where you live, as if that is relevant!

The fans ran to the rovers fans to wind em up they never even tried to get in with there fans just like they did at the mem so get off yer high horse

If people went on the pitch then that was there decision. If I recognise anyone I will tell the police.

Even if they were "celebrating" they shouldn't of been on the pitch. It's not like they ended up on the pitch by accident.

TBH other than the groundsman, who cares about people going on the pitch to celebrate a once-in-seven-years competitive win against our biggest hate team?

I'm a middle-aged bloke in a 'good' job and I've invaded the pitch on the odd occasion - not by myself you understand - although I've usually returned to the stand after a bit of a walk about (and in one case, a recreation of Christian Roberts' goal v Hartlepool).

Running about a bit, a bit of taunting and posing etc should concern neither police or club or the FA.

People throwing stuff and getting involved in serious aggro should be identified and banned.

End of.

What high horse? All I've done is disagreed with your point! I was in the away end at the mem in 2007 and frankly there wasn't a great deal of difference between the two situations.

Yes, lots just ran over to wind up the gas fans but there were a number of people who were aggressive and acted like idiots. I watched the whole thing unfold. 99% were just over enthusiastic. 1% crossed the line (I.e. spitting man, and yellow t shirt man).

All I'm saying is that it's this 1% that will face reprocutions, and rightly so, and not those that were just celebrating on the pitch.

Archived