IGNORED

A Moral Dilemma

A Horse With No Name

TBH other than the groundsman, who cares about people going on the pitch to celebrate a once-in-seven-years competitive win against our biggest hate team?

I'm a middle-aged bloke in a 'good' job and I've invaded the pitch on the odd occasion - not by myself you understand - although I've usually returned to the stand after a bit of a walk about (and in one case, a recreation of Christian Roberts' goal v Hartlepool).

Running about a bit, a bit of taunting and posing etc should concern neither police or club or the FA.

People throwing stuff and getting involved in serious aggro should be identified and banned.

End of.

Celebrating a win in the 1st round of the JPT though......

I've ran on the pitch when we have been promoted or have been going to Wembley, but I'm mature enough to cheer at the end of the match, not run towards Rovers fans and provoke violence.

If no one ran on the pitch then you wouldn't have idiots throwing stuff 5 metres away. End of.

I have Had dealings with the police and have little trust in or respect for them, their paid to solve crimes, let them do the job their paid for ,oh and don't call me Tim pot its so hurt full that I'm going to have to go and have a cry!

Thats very interesting and I'm sure you're well hard, but you didnt answer my question!

Why don't you have a think before you make judgements about people that you dont know from behind your key board, I made the decision, a while ago to make the police irrelevant to my life. I avoid them whenever possible, they, have preety much ceased to exist for me, apart from occasions like Wednesday night when Isaw a armoured thug smashing a lad in the face wwith a baton, as for your question about what would I do if I saw my best friends mother being attacked in the street or some such in likely scenario, I haven't spent much time thinking about it, but I think I'd call a ambulance, to take your unlikely, scenario even further into fantasy land and imagine that I know the assailants, no I would not inform the police,its just not what I do! I would probably tell the victims family, and if they've got enough confidence in the police to go to them that's up to them any more hypothetical questions? or would you rather carry on making judgements about me without knowing the remotest thing about me or the situations and experiences that have shaped my life,

Why don't you have a think before you make judgements about people that you dont know from behind your key board, I made the decision, a while ago to make the police irrelevant to my life. I avoid them whenever possible, they, have preety much ceased to exist for me, apart from occasions like Wednesday night when Isaw a armoured thug smashing a lad in the face wwith a baton, as for your question about what would I do if I saw my best friends mother being attacked in the street or some such in likely scenario, I haven't spent much time thinking about it, but I think I'd call a ambulance, to take your unlikely, scenario even further into fantasy land and imagine that I know the assailants, no I would not inform the police,its just not what I do! I would probably tell the victims family, and if they've got enough confidence in the police to go to them that's up to them any more hypothetical questions? or would you rather carry on making judgements about me without knowing the remotest thing about me or the situations and experiences that have shaped my life,

Usually those that hate the police and have such a vendetta are those who come into contact with them the most...

I admit I expect a large majority are on power trips and are a bunch of tossers, but you're taking it to an extreme.

Hypothetically I guess if I broke the law and got called up on it, I'd hate the law too.

Ha Ha,so you automatically assume that it was I who broke the law! how do you know that I was not a victim who was treated incompetently or worse! tbh I have strong views on the police and they won't change, let's leave this now!

Ok, but the forum is open for you to share your experiences so we can all determine if you were treated badly.

I'd also ask how you can judge a force of tens of thousands based on your experiences of a dozen or less (I would guesS).

If I knew the identity of someone who had committed a bad crime then of course I would inform the police. For me it is bad morals not to.

The police will only be looking for those who did things like spitting, throwing coins etc and those people should be banned for life.

Also agree with the poster who questioned why the police get so much abuse when they are trying to do their job. I've seen so many people on here say there police presence is too high at games yet when it isn't (like when the pitch invasion happened) they moan and say there wasn't enough police. Whatever they do, they can rarely win.

It wasn't the smartest thing to run over to the away fans however, this doesn't mean the fans who did it are guilty of crimes against humanity.

I have seen too much of football police behaving as bad, sometimes worse than the supposed hooligans. I would never give up anybody who happened to appear in a paper, for one you just don't know what they are accused of doing. Football police are in general, thugs, they hit out first and ask questions later.

If I knew the identity of someone who had committed a bad crime then of course I would inform the police. For me it is bad morals not to.

The police will only be looking for those who did things like spitting, throwing coins etc and those people should be banned for life.

Previous sky derby fans who ran on tbe pitch were pursued through the media by the police. first offences which included no violence but being on that pitch received prison sentences for some. Muggers and burglars got less publicity and lesser sentences.

Also agree with the poster who questioned why the police get so much abuse when they are trying to do their job. I've seen so many people on here say there police presence is too high at games yet when it isn't (like when the pitch invasion happened) they moan and say there wasn't enough police. Whatever they do, they can rarely win.

100% agree. Thank you for bringing some sanity to this thread.

The moral compass for many of the people commenting on this thread is most concerning.

Similar to the City fans at Cardiff, if I recognise anyone whose wanted by the police and I recognise them I'd have no doubts about reporting them.

It wouldn't be too bad if the police did their job, they use football grounds as practice for other kinds of crowd control.

They are quite happy to hit out at anyone who asks a question, if they were there to police a football match , why wear riot gear!

This is an excuse for a training exercise, the trouble with the pitch invasion which could have been prevented if they wanted to, they must have noticed fans coming down to the sides of the pitch.

But it was like "bring it on then" No the police are the ones who need to answer questions!

It wouldn't be too bad if the police did their job, they use football grounds as practice for other kinds of crowd control.

They are quite happy to hit out at anyone who asks a question, if they were there to police a football match , why wear riot gear!

This is an excuse for a training exercise, the trouble with the pitch invasion which could have been prevented if they wanted to, they must have noticed fans coming down to the sides of the pitch.

But it was like "bring it on then" No the police are the ones who need to answer questions!

Most pathetic post I've read in ages... no disrespect.

Why should the Police be blamed for the idiots who ran on the pitch?

Blame the Idiots who think they can do anything, and then blame the Police for there own selfish uncontrolled actions.

It's like saying I was doing 120mph on the motorway and lost control of my car, but I blame the Police for not pulling me over sooner... think about it...

Blame the Idiots who think they can do anything, and then blame the Police for there own selfish uncontrolled actions.

It's like saying I was doing 120mph on the motorway and lost control of my car, but I blame the Police for not pulling me over sooner... think about it...

How do Spud? I thought SOD's new brand of football would have risen you from The depths of despair by now!!

Half way up the well maybe?

How do Spud? I thought SOD's new brand of football would have risen you from The depths of despair by now!!

Half way up the well maybe?

Haha... I'm loving it since SoD took over... and he's similar to Arsene in his approach and personality.

A thinking mans manager.

Maybe I should reconsider my location... it's definitely a happy place right now when it comes to our football... regardless of League position. I truly believe we're on the right track...just need some time :-)

The idiots should have been stopped getting on the pitch, they were queing up along the Dolman to get on the pitch and no one stopped them, i know for a fact that coppers use football to practice their rioting skills, ask the west midlands tossers.

They hit enough with the batons for a reaction.

The idiots should have been stopped getting on the pitch, they were queing up along the Dolman to get on the pitch and no one stopped them, i know for a fact that coppers use football to practice their rioting skills, ask the west midlands tossers.

They hit enough with the batons for a reaction.

There isn't enough police due to cuts. Thats why they were not along the Dolman.

Could also blame the club for not employing better stewards.

Archived