IGNORED

'deal Struck' Over Ashton Vale

SJC

Are they saying that if the plans for the problem,, approved, we won't bother with Ashton Vale? I don't really understand what this deal is

Yes,thinking about it that isn't a deal.Unless they are saying that our planning application will no problem,IF.

It is a shame that the NIMBYs have stopped a great project that would have given use the best possible stadium, thousands of jobs for locals and a great addition to the City of Bristol. The re-vamped Ashton Gate will be a great improvement - but it will never be any larger because the site is simply too small - like the minds of out mayor and corporation!

You sure? Seems a bit short sighted to me. Bear in mind I think we can't go any bigger if we stay where we are (if we ever need it).

Always preferred the option of staying at AG mate. As other posters have said, this looks like they have given up on the Vale but can't 100% confirm that until they know they definitely have planning consent for redevelopment at AG. The plans for the AG redevelopment that were on display recently look really good to me & keep the club at it's rightful home. I'm very pleased at this.

Gutted about this. Why are we giving up ffs?

On a moral level, it is not, and never should be a town green.

On a sense level, we are forever restricted if we stay at AG. Plus it looks crap. Plus we will never have proper transport links there.

IF this means we have just given up and are going with the (complete and utter cack) AG proposals, I will be very, very disappointed. Ashton Vale looked brilliant, would have been ideal transport-wise, had huge expansion potential, and was only down the road, unlike most new grounds.

Always preferred the option of staying at AG mate. As other posters have said, this looks like they have given up on the Vale but can't 100% confirm that until they know they definitely have planning consent for redevelopment at AG. The plans for the AG redevelopment that were on display recently look really good to me & keep the club at it's rightful home. I'm very pleased at this.

They are great plans Lewie but that's it! We can't go any bigger on that site. That's my problem with this, it's setling for mediocrity when we could have had something which COULD have propelled us into the big league.

They are great plans Lewie but that's it! We can't go any bigger on that site. That's my problem with this, it's setling for mediocrity when we could have had something which COULD have propelled us into the big league.

Agree. For me this is a sad day for the club and the city. I really felt moving would be a positive, fresh start as it has been for most clubs with new stadiums.

Now we will endure 3+ years in a bitty stadium that when finished will be ok but limited or no scope to expand (should we ever have the need to).

Text below taken from the club website earlier in the year mate. 26,500 is definitely bigger than we currently have and plenty big enough for what we'd need, even if we ever got to the Prem.

"The proposals are based on a plan to replace the existing Williams and Wedlock Stands which, together with a refurbished Dolman Stand, would establish Ashton Gate as the premier sports and exhibition centre in the South West, with a capacity of approximately 26,500 for Bristol City FC and Bristol Rugby home games from 2016 onwards."

Gutted about this. Why are we giving up ffs?

On a moral level, it is not, and never should be a town green.

On a sense level, we are forever restricted if we stay at AG. Plus it looks crap. Plus we will never have proper transport links there.

IF this means we have just given up and are going with the (complete and utter cack) AG proposals, I will be very, very disappointed. Ashton Vale looked brilliant, would have been ideal transport-wise, had huge expansion potential, and was only down the road, unlike most new grounds.

If the re-open the train station it will help.

Did people actually think SL would lose money?! Not great for the Club but very good for him.

Houses being built in Long Ashton,link road going ahead,a developers dream,but I would fight tooth and nail for the ground if I had SL,s money,it,s a matter of principle.

Archived