IGNORED

Gregory Goodridge

Swindon8er

Talking about how bad his shooting could be reminded me of a competition at half-time where a City fan and an away fan used to shoot at the Atyeo goal from the half-way line. Goodridge was warming up and for a laugh ran up behind the fan who was ready to shoot and hoofed the ball at what I think he imagined was the goal. The ball skewed off his foot and ended up going over the corner flag between Atyeo and Dolman. Kind of summed him up but it was a joy to behold watching him run at defenders, sometimes with the ball still at his feet and sometimes without.

Happy Days!

I think Sammy Mason may have presented the half-time games. Massive PR disaster for the club she was. It was cringeworthy when the whole crowd booed her for being so irritating.

I can relate to that i had to de-friend her on FB cause she was getting on my nerves!

I don't think wards as nice as he makes himself out to be, heard him interviewd after they lost at Newport he was obviously in a foul mood! interviewer asked him a question good old jolly Johns reply was'stupid question andiI answered it last week, move on! OK it may have been a stupid question idk, but imagine the outcry if s.I.d. had come out with this!

He was a good player on his day. I remeber a game against Leeds in the cup second leg at the Gate he tore them apart they couldn't handle him it was the best game I ever saw from him. We nearly went through but Dyche (I think?) smashed a sitter over the bar.

Want a T-shirt of that graphic please.

I don't think wards as nice as he makes himself out to be, heard him interviewd after they lost at Newport he was obviously in a foul mood! interviewer asked him a question good old jolly Johns reply was'stupid question andiI answered it last week, move on! OK it may have been a stupid question idk, but imagine the outcry if s.I.d. had come out with this!

Who's this 'Sid' you speak of Timmy boy??

Been on the pop again?? ?

Anyone remember his debut? A Tuesday Night 5-0 thrashing of Luton if my memory serves me right. He got two and I wondered if we had just made the signing of the century!

I can remember that game, I seem to remember Greg was in competition with Junior Bent for the wide right spot, I think there may have been transfer speculation involving Bent, I came away from the game thinking we have a better replacement should Bent decide to leave.

Remember when I was young him and Akinbiyi done my presentation night for my football team top blokes both of them were actually found the city top my dad got them both to sign got me the other day! Both of them are legends to me just for that night

In March 1998 Barbados fielded Greg Goodridge and Shaun Goater together for an international game.

Anyone know match details? Given the standard of some Caribbean nations, that pair might have had a field day.

Alas, they finished bottom of their group :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Caribbean_Cup

PS The top scorer was one Stern John - I wonder what happened to him...

Archived