IGNORED

Tonights Crowd

harvey54

You know very little about Bristol.

Apart from the fact we have 2 clubs - Rovers get poor crowds but there are alot of non attending Rovers' sympathisers in Bristol who would never watch City - Rugby at all levels has a traditional hold on the City with numerous amateur clubs with teams at all age groups and many Bristolian youngsters are indoctrinated towards Rugby, even forced to play Rugby over football in schools.

I don't often go into Broadmead but last time I did I was surprised how few local accents I heard. Most of the groups of younger people were talking Spanish - we've had over 14,000 Spaniards settle in Bristol in the last 5 years - and we've had huge incomings from other areas of the world - e.g. Poland, Somalia - and they and their children do much to account for Bristol's 40,000 rise in population in the last 20 years.

Many other modern day 'Bristolians' were not born in Bristol where jobs are often filled by people transferring from other parts of the country and these people, and their children, mostly continue to support the teams of their home cities.

Then there are the many born and bred Bristolians who prefer, and 'support', PL teams and these probably outnumber those who actively support City or Rovers combined.

In short, Bristol is in the main not a locally supporting football area at all with at least half the population non Bristolian, and as far as BCFC are concerned we are left with about 10,000 diehards and perhaps a further 5 - 7000 who will turn up if we're doing particularly well.

Huge catchment area in terms of numbers it may well be, but the vast majority - probably 90%+ - have no interest whatsoever in actively supporting the local football teams, and barring a sustained period in the top league, never will.

Apart from being on a smaller scale all round, I doubt if the situation in Swindon is much different.

see here we go again threats unlike the previous post which was informative and interesting.

Hopefully it won't be as low as some of the guesses on here. A lot of non STH's would have chosen between tonight's game and Saturdays! Hopefully they aren't put off by the result!

As for Shrewsbury's following - not too far to travel and should imagine a new ground for many of their fans seeing as we haven't played them since god knows when. Maybe bring 400 plus?

Hopefully it won't be as low as some of the guesses on here. A lot of non STH's would have chosen between tonight's game and Saturdays! Hopefully they aren't put off by the result!

As for Shrewsbury's following - not too far to travel and should imagine a new ground for many of their fans seeing as we haven't played them since god knows when. Maybe bring 400 plus?

I'd be amazed if they brought that many TBH.

As for home fans, crap weather, poor result Saturday, ticketing fiasco still ongoing.

As for home fans, crap weather, poor result Saturday, ticketing fiasco still ongoing.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/71/bd/0,,10794~179569,00.pdf

They average 503 last season - one position behind supergas. Think it won't be far off 400 - could be miles out here though.

One less that ten minutes ago. Anyone want a senior ticket for the central Dolman?

I really can't be arsed to queue for half an hour in the persisting :rain: waiting while everybody has their tickets taken away. I can't guess the attendance, but I'll happily bet that there's less than 8K inside at kick-off, if it's on time.

Horace is disappointed but he doesn't fancy getting his spines soaked either :badmood:

One less that ten minutes ago. Anyone want a senior ticket for the central Dolman?

I really can't be arsed to queue for half an hour in the persisting :rain: waiting while everybody has their tickets taken away. I can't guess the attendance, but I'll happily bet that there's less than 8K inside at kick-off, if it's on time.

Horace is disappointed but he doesn't fancy getting his spines soaked either :badmood:

Due to be dry tonight Aizoon, well between 5 & 9pm at least.

Ah, showing me age then!!

Surely people won't miss the football to play a video game though, will they?

Different world these days Glyn.

I've just heard of someone who's booked ten days holiday in November because a new PS4 (?) is being delivered to him and he wants to settle down to play it undisturbed night and day to his heart's content.

He probably won't even be leaving the house!

At times like this it's probably to City's advantage to have such an ageing fanbase I suppose.

I'm going for about 8,374. Won't be huge and results wise, deservedly so. However, could be our first win of the season and I'm sure players would want fans around to celebrate that

Well, then they should tell the admin staff to get their bloody fingers out :grr:

i am in two minds about going.

Got a kitten recently and didnt want to leave her home alone tonight after spending all day on her todd while i'm at work. If I go and it is as bad as Saturday I will be royally pissed off as well as soaking wet!

Having said that i hate missing games so more than likely will go. Missing the Colchester game as i'm in Manchester for the Haye/Fury fight so should keep missed games to a minimum I guess.

i am in two minds about going.

Got a kitten recently and didnt want to leave her home alone tonight after spending all day on her todd while i'm at work. If I go and it is as bad as Saturday I will be royally pissed off as well as soaking wet!

Having said that i hate missing games so more than likely will go. Missing the Colchester game as i'm in Manchester for the Haye/Fury fight so should keep missed games to a minimum I guess.

How will that kitten cope if you die of pneumonia after standing for half an hour in the persisting down rain?

WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE KITTENS?

Archived