IGNORED

Tonights Crowd

harvey54

Thinking 10k Max. Season Ticket holders only. Assuming none have taken a later summer holiday.

1) It's cold, rainy (summer ending blues).

2) Tuesday Night

3) Champions League

4) GTA 5 is out. Seriously that is what is holding back some.

But for me, there would be no place I would rather be! COYR

I'm struggling with this, are people seriously suggesting that 'grown ups' would miss a match to play a kids video game? Something that they could play any time of the day? How long does it take to play a game of it FFS?

Mind you, I'd love an excuse to miss Rovers v Hartlepool on Saturday, is there a whist drive on anywhere?

I wouldn't be so sure. There are a lot of young City fans, myself included! Pretty much the majority of my mates are City, the others are into Rugby.

I think the recent success of the promotion and play off finals have dragged younger fans to the Gate. The age of where there aren't so many City would be in the late 20s to 30s, probably because kids then didn't want to watch Division 4 football.

It does interest me

Just basing it on looking at the pre-match scenes, the queues to get in the Dolman and Atyeo, and those in the Dolman on Saturday.

We've got alot of 50+/ 60+, and older very loyal, if occasionally grumpy, fans amongst the regulars

I recognise many faces, even though I've never probably spoken to most of them, from 35+ years ago, still turning up every week.

The more our crowds thin out the more prominent and noticeable these stalwart supporters become.

It doesn't seem to me City are building up the same loyal fanbase amonst today's 15 -20 year olds which will see them still turning up in their thousands in 30 years time and I'd expect BCFC to be concerned about that.

Just basing it on looking at the pre-match scenes, the queues to get in the Dolman and Atyeo, and those in the Dolman on Saturday.

We've got alot of 50+/ 60+, and older very loyal, if occasionally grumpy, fans amongst the regulars

I recognise many faces, even though I've never probably spoken to most of them, from 35+ years ago, still turning up every week.

The more our crowds thin out the more prominent and noticeable these stalwart supporters become.

It doesn't seem to me City are building up the same loyal fanbase amonst today's 15 -20 year olds which will see them still turning up in their thousands in 30 years time and I'd expect BCFC to be concerned about that.

You've met my Dad then!!

I reckon Champions league and GTA will have an effect on the POTD crowd.

Shame on these people! I have just taken delivery of a cracking new dvd on pre-order.

But no, you wont find me skiving off the big match to watch "dirty deirdre does hot chud".

Mind you I wont be hanging round very long after the final whistle goes for obvious reasons.

Shame on these people! I have just taken delivery of a cracking new dvd on pre-order.

But no, you wont find me skiving off the big match to watch "dirty deirdre does hot chud".

Mind you I wont be hanging round very long after the final whistle goes for obvious reasons.

Be sure to shake hand with the stewards on the way in and out...

Still raining in staple Hill. I think. I do have bars on the windows tho

STILL RAINING IN ST GEORGE

It's like a summers day here now. I'm going to pick a pineapple on the way out of work.

All hail Noggers the Weatherman extraordinaire.

I'm also in two minds

I torn between going to the game and not get home till midnight (live in Thornbury and get the bus) then be up at half 4 for work the next day.

Or go to football training,(I didn't play Saturday as went to watch city instead) have a curry that wife will have cooked after and save myself some money on the bus

I'm also in two minds

I torn between going to the game and not get home till midnight (live in Thornbury and get the bus) then be up at half 4 for work the next day.

Or go to football training,(I didn't play Saturday as went to watch city instead) have a curry that wife will have cooked after and save myself some money on the bus

Second option sounds a lot nicer to me...

Will we get 10k?

Will be the first significant test for the die-hards ie a mid-week game, unattractive opponents and the team on a losing run.

It wont be a test for the DIE HARDS They would be with city even if they were in the basement

It also wont be a test for the Glory Hunters They have already stopped going after we went down

It will be a real test for the "Average Fan" if there is such thing as average

Archived