IGNORED

Tonights Crowd

harvey54

Why would we pay tax on whether a ST holder attends or not?

Not really sure may not have been tax I honestly dont know. All I was told, from a non league point of view is that it wasn't in their interst to say there were more fans attending than actually was. This may not be the case in the football league. I just cant grasp why they would lie. Why did the club not say there was 18500 against rovers? surely that sounds better than the actual attendance. Why not do it everygame?

I thought st were counted so every game no matter what that is your minimum attendance for those seats sold already.

When you go through turnstile it's supposed to click and can tell if your st or potd. So can then distinguish how much has to be paid out each game.

Rotherham game promotion season was a sellout but if no st holders turned up still a sell out for there seats have been sold.

I'm guessing at moment with club just letting people in through the gates, hard to tell what actual attendance is. But if everyone bought tickets online that should register at the club and they have to pay tax on what they've sold online. If you bought a ticket and don't go club still have to register it as sold.

I thought st were counted so every game no matter what that is your minimum attendance for those seats sold already.

When you go through turnstile it's supposed to click and can tell if your st or potd. So can then distinguish how much has to be paid out each game.

Rotherham game promotion season was a sellout but if no st holders turned up still a sell out for there seats have been sold.

I'm guessing at moment with club just letting people in through the gates, hard to tell what actual attendance is. But if everyone bought tickets online that should register at the club and they have to pay tax on what they've sold online. If you bought a ticket and don't go club still have to register it as sold.

Makes sence however it's a strange one as "seats sold" will be different from the "official attendence". For exampe if ten people bought tickets for a game and only 5 turned up. The attendence wouldn't be given as 10. You would think there would be a clicker on each turnstile that would count the amount through. But as you say the fiasco theyr'e having this season theyr'e probably just guestimating.

Makes sence however it's a strange one as "seats sold" will be different from the "official attendence". For exampe if ten people bought tickets for a game and only 5 turned up. The attendence wouldn't be given as 10. You would think there would be a clicker on each turnstile that would count the amount through. But as you say the fiasco theyr'e having this season theyr'e probably just guestimating.

But you would have to announce attendance as 10 for sold 10 tickets. Otherwise the amount you owe as tax would be very confusing.

Stop thinking about tax and crowd attendance, ST pay money at start of season, pay on the day add extra revenue, the only thing that adds to revenue each match is the potd money so whether they count the ST attending or not doesn't make any difference to the total amount of money going into the club's bank account.

As an aside, limited companys can offset losses from previous tax years into a tax year where they make profit, in the unlikely event of us making a profit then we have over £50m of losses to cover the next £50m of profits.

Thinking 10k Max. Season Ticket holders only. Assuming none have taken a later summer holiday.

1) It's cold, rainy (summer ending blues).

2) Tuesday Night

3) Champions League

4) GTA 5 is out. Seriously that is what is holding back some.

But for me, there would be no place I would rather be! COYR

Funnily enough my Dad had his 2.8i Granada Ghia stolen while it was parked up on a side road near Ashton Gate.

He was watching the 'boys in red' and had a hell of a time getting back to Dorset :(

The Original Grand Theft Auto....... oh yes it was an Automatic too....

God Bless Him, he got the car back minus the wheels :) ...... He loved Bristol City FC....... He Loved That Car!

Archived