IGNORED

Sod Needs To Go!

Red Till I'm Dead

Yeah but does he though?  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We wont rise up the table if Baldock continues to ch-oak when through on goal. The son of a beech.

Once he starts scoring, figtree will surely be ours.

What did YEW say that FIR? YEW should be ROOTing for him. OAKfully he score plenty and doesn't hit the WOODwork too often, or we'll be BARKing up the wrong tree.

The percentage of people in favor of SOD is very interesting. People I talk to at the pub/at the games etc it tends to be more 50/50 .

Not a fan of his personally but I did vote not yet. Can't see what we would achieve by sacking him now!

Really? I've yet to talk to anybody either in the pub or at the game who wants him sacked. Absolute 100% he should stay.

If we are in the bottom 4 at the start of the New Year, I think it's a certainty that the board will act. I just can't see us being in the bottom four though. Under previous managers it was shyte and you could tell there was no hope. I don't think the problems are insurmountable with this current squad but they do need to increase the tempo and movement PDQ. It looks like SO'D is trying to get the team to play like Arsenal but at the 10th of the speed. It's so languid and predictable. If we could increase the tempo we would win playing the way we do.

Love how lopsided this is. It's like people still remain defiant even though the current evidence is damning, and needs to change in order to facilitate our resurrection.

Still, people have views either way and whatever happens will happen.

So just out of interest, who would you like to see take on this 'poisoned chalice' of a football club, who you feel would succeed where everyone else has failed?

Love how lopsided this is. It's like people still remain defiant even though the current evidence is damning, and needs to change in order to facilitate our resurrection.

Still, people have views either way and whatever happens will happen.

Your view is lop sided and ill informed as you do not watch City at matches.

Amongst those that attend I have only heard views which are the opposite of yours.

So just out of interest, you may have noted that nowhere have I called for SO'D to be sacked and have repeatedly said that I want him to find form himself?

As for who should take over as head coach should SO'D be relieved of his position, it would depend on who is available and willing to come at the time and fits in with the new system. That could be anyone from here, or a shock from abroad, depends on what the situation is should it occur in the first place

Ah my mistake RMLF, as I assumed your comment about how lopsided the vote was and things needed to change, that you felt this would be better served by someone other than SO'D.

I see our problem as the lower we sink, the less attractive we become to potential managers, so think we'd be lucky to get anyone even approaching SO'D's pedigree, let alone being better. As we've already tried a few manager changes in recent years and failed dismally, IMHO we really have to give SO'D time to turn this round, because we are at least now trying to build on long overdue solid foundations and I certainly can't see any better long-term options out there for us.

My big concern even before SO'D actually joined us though is his ability to motivate players when a club is on the slide and this certainly seems to be what he's struggling with most atm.

Hopefully when we get that long awaited first win the tide will begin to turn and we'll then start to see some real progress. :fingerscrossed:

I remember there was a small minority calling for John Ward's head. There always is and there always will be some calling for the managers head, regardless.

Some stats from Ward's time.

04/10/97 Position played pts

19th 9 11

26/12/97 Position played pts

2nd 24 52

May 98 Position played pts

2nd 46 85

Yes the points on the 04/10/97 are double that of now but it just goes to show what can be done. Ward's team surprised me as I didn't think they were that good but belief was huge and Sean Taylor was massive.

I remember there was a small minority calling for John Ward's head. There always is and there always will be some calling for the managers head, regardless.

Some stats from Ward's time.

04/10/97 Position played pts

19th 9 11

26/12/97 Position played pts

2nd 24 52

May 98 Position played pts

2nd 46 85

Yes the points on the 04/10/97 are double that of now but it just goes to show what can be done. Ward's team surprised me as I didn't think they were that good but belief was huge and Sean Taylor was massive.

some stats from 1981-1982

10/10/81 Position played pts

19th 9 10

29/12/81 Position played pts

21st 19 21

May 82 Position played pts

23rd 46 46

Not sure what any of this proves but they are stats!

Right in answer to your post Ralph

"I'm not buying into this we can't get anyone of SO'D's pedigree, because by and large he hasnt got one, just myths created on here after the 5-2 game and what people seem to think he represents in general. His record doesnt stand up to close scrutiny, it really doesnt."

So it's just a myth that O'Driscoll is well respected in the game for getting sides to play good, passing football then?

I know the 5-2 hammering we got is often mentioned by our fans, but that will have no bearing of why he's still got a good reputation with other fans around the country. I really can't see how you can argue that he hasn't done well with unfashionable clubs and on low budgets

"However, he is what we have at the moment and he needs to like he asks of everyone else to, step up to the plate and get on with it!"

Now this I certainly agree with and this will be a massive test for him. Let's not underestimate the problems he's inherited at this club though, and if he does manage to turn us around, I think he will be very well equipped to get us playing in a style the majority of our support have been crying out for for years.

Ah my mistake RMLF, as I assumed your comment about how lopsided the vote was and things needed to change, that you felt this would be better served by someone other than SO'D.

I see our problem as the lower we sink, the less attractive we become to potential managers, so think we'd be lucky to get anyone even approaching SO'D's pedigree, let alone being better. As we've already tried a few manager changes in recent years and failed dismally, IMHO we really have to give SO'D time to turn this round, because we are at least now trying to build on long overdue solid foundations and I certainly can't see any better long-term options out there for us.

My big concern even before SO'D actually joined us though is his ability to motivate players when a club is on the slide and this certainly seems to be what he's struggling with most atm.

Hopefully when we get that long awaited first win the tide will begin to turn and we'll then start to see some real progress. :fingerscrossed:

Not sure this is his problem - more a problem of how to help the players deal with the impatience of our fans (and still be brave enough to try and play some decent football).

Albert Einstein said Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

So we could sack SO'D for a slow start like we did Millen, but does anyone think that will leave us better off? I'm not sure it would.

We're currently outside the relegation zone, and as long as we stay that way, even if we are in roughly the same place most of the season I'm okay with SO'D continuing to try and build something sustainable.

SOD's not going anywhere by the look of this (shamelessly lifted from Ziderheads).

There's nobody around to pull the trigger!!

The CEO is "out of the office" until 11 October

The new Vice Chairman is on maternity leave

The Fans Liaison Officer is on compassionate leave

The Chairman is part-time

The Bristol Sport Chair pops in from time to time

The Commercial Director is about to go on leave

The Development Director left this week

The Safety and Security Officer has resigned

SOD's not going anywhere by the look of this (shamelessly lifted from Ziderheads).

tea lady?

"Playing pretty football is no indication of success and that in this case is backed up by that. Results do mean something irrepsective of if the football is nice. So yes there is a bit of myth making because the flowing football hasnt translated in to sustainable results wherever he has been."

Well win percentages or not, he still managed to get Doncaster and Bournemouth promoted, so there's no arguing with that. You do concede that promotion is some form of result, don't you?

You could also say he was held back by lack of investment at Donny, as I think you'll find his terrible run at the end came about due in no small part through a tiny squad and a shed load of injuries.

And has any bugger noticed their absence ?

Really? I've yet to talk to anybody either in the pub or at the game who wants him sacked. Absolute 100% he should stay.

If we are in the bottom 4 at the start of the New Year, I think it's a certainty that the board will act. I just can't see us being in the bottom four though. Under previous managers it was shyte and you could tell there was no hope. I don't think the problems are insurmountable with this current squad but they do need to increase the tempo and movement PDQ. It looks like SO'D is trying to get the team to play like Arsenal but at the 10th of the speed. It's so languid and predictable. If we could increase the tempo we would win playing the way we do.

Really, not even one? 50/50 may have been an exaggeration on my part but I know of a fair few in the lions and the robins who would like SOD out.

We've got a Director of Football.......

10-1 against the boo-boys!

That's an unfair and inaccurate comment. It's 10-1 to those who think SOD shouldn't be sacked today - nothing more.

Just because you might not think SOD the right man for the job does not mean you're also a boo-boy.

That's like measuring those who are in support by the number of people cheering him or chanting his name..... (and if that is your way of judging then he's losing - dramatically!).

What I mean is I've heard plenty of booing this season (most games) and not a lot of "Sean O'Driscoll's Red n White army" (no games?).

For clarity, I've neither booed (and yes im in the 1 not 10 camp) nor chanted his name.

Archived