IGNORED

Sod Needs To Go!

Red Till I'm Dead

Yeah but does he though?  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really, not even one? 50/50 may have been an exaggeration on my part but I know of a fair few in the lions and the robins who would like SOD out.

Seriously mate. Not trying to back up my point by exaggerating but I've not spoken to anybody or even overheard conversations at the Nova or in the ground with anybody who wants him out. I'm guessing that even those who boo at the ground would probably stick with Sod.

Quite a few disgruntled with the overall board and top level management of the club though.

Erm, He blew auto promotion with a cack run of form to go up with Doncaster through the playoffs rather than Auto and he also went up through the playoffs with Bournemouth after getting them relegated in the first instance.

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I'd take that right now.

Your attempts to belittle SODs record at Bournemouth and Doncaster are pretty poor. Everyone knows he did a good job at both clubs, leaving them in a better state than when he started. Doncaster were massively punching above their weight in the C'ship. At Bournemouth he had huge financial restraints.

You also fail to mention that he succeeded in playing an attractive style of football at both clubs, getting huge plaudits at Donny in particular. But then as someone who doesn't go to games I guess it makes no odds to you how Bristol City play football. Soccerbase is how SOD will be judged as far as you're concerned.

Erm, He blew auto promotion with a cack run of form to go up with Doncaster through the playoffs rather than Auto and he also went up through the playoffs with Bournemouth after getting them relegated in the first instance. I'd call that the relying on the results of a few matches rather than winning promotion outright, which would have been more impressive!

He also had money of a sort at Donny at the time signing Billy Sharp for a club record of 1.15Million. The only injury I can really comment on was John Oster who was out for 7 months and they had a squad of around 26 and loaned in the likes of David Healy where required.

I stand by my original statement re his record

Sure, "winning promotion outright would have been more impressive", but just remind me how many times we've failed in the play-off's up until now?

I'd settle for us winning our first ever play-off atm, so you've just confirmed he's our man!!!

Team Nat From To Record G W D L Win % Bournemouth 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png 19 August 2000 10 September 2006 326 118 98 110 36.20 Doncaster Rovers 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png 8 September 2006 23 September 2011 268 97 72 99 36.19 Crawley Town 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png 16 May 2012 19 July 2012 0 0 0 0 — Nottingham Forest 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png 19 July 2012 26 December 2012 26 10 9 7 38.46 Bristol City 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png 14 January 2013 Present 33 8 9 16 24.24 Total 653 233 188 232 35.68

It would be interesting to know how many called for Johnnos head when City lost 9 on the bounce.

Also it seems that the vast majority are in favour of SO'D staying so this vote kind of failed... If people vote with their feet then to be quite honest, seeyas later or probably see you back when we start winning a few games then. We have played some good football, just cant finish that's all, not exactly terrible like some are making out.

hopefully at carlisle,where no doubt the faithfull few will huddle together, in a wind swept stand, hat scarf,gloves,hip flask.singing are heads of pissed to keep the called out.will be there to witness are first away win....i cant wait who gives a fck what a few dead heads think..he aint going know where yet so onwards and upwards..if you dont like what youre seeing go and support the horfield pikeys C.O.Y.R

Your OP was factually inaccurate and where is the proof sticking with OD will result in relegation?

There's plenty of teams worse than us.

This team is still getting used to playing with each other. Of the teams that started Saturday's round of matches ours was easily the least experienced at playing together with our side averaging little over 12 appearances each for the club.

Only ourselves (9) and Oldham (7) are currently trying to integrate over half a team with 10 or less appearances for their club to their name. The rest are between 0 & 5.

Sssshhhhh.....don't tell RalphMilnesLeftFoot.

He's still claiming that every team in the league is trying to integrate 26 new players each.

hopefully at carlisle,where no doubt the faithfull few will huddle together, in a wind swept stand, hat scarf,gloves,hip flask.singing are heads of pissed to keep the called out.will be there to witness are first away win....i cant wait who gives a fck what a few dead heads think..he aint going know where yet so onwards and upwards..if you dont like what youre seeing go and support the horfield pikeys C.O.Y.R

Carlisle first away win?? I hope we can beat either Vale or Crewe before then pal ;)

Belittle what? Them's the stats dude, they are as they are. It's not anything else to it. The records as a whole are poor. You can say he did this and that and whatever until forever, however those are the ithe black and white figures.

So he had xyz excuse, for Donny and Bournemouth. This is the whole point of football management, working within boundaries to get the best results? Every manager has those conditions.. your point is?

His two promotions have come through play offs as his teams havent been good enough to get auto over the season. It's not denegrating or demeaning, it's a statement of fact. You know iirc he has a JPT win in there somewhere as well. See, positivity. No wait, you'll explode with rage at the possibility can acknowledge success

I have mentioned attractive football, I have also said this doesnt translate into results.. Oh and back to the not attending, Well seeing as you dont know what games I do and dont attend and again will not make it an issue, because I dont see it as relevant as some do as to having an opinion on things. It simply isnt a yardstick I consider because every fan has the right to an opinion and none is more valid than the others. Others clearly feel differently and it some how makes them more selfrighteous and pompous!

Soccerbase? Oh give over... stop whinnying and come up with a decent repost.

None, but we'll have to get there first :)

Whereas DW's stats are excellent because he's carefully avoided his clubs being promoted to a higher division. By that criterion, he was a great manager. Personally, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but then I'm a grumpy old bugger.

Whereas DW's stats are excellent because he's carefully avoided his clubs being promoted to a higher division. By that criterion, he was a great manager. Personally, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but then I'm a grumpy old bugger.

Do you mean Danny Wilson?

Who got Barnsley promoted to the prem.

And Hartlepool promoted.

• Admin

Sssshhhhh.....don't tell RalphMilnesLeftFoot.

He's still claiming that every team in the league is trying to integrate 26 new players each.

It's that charge that made me look in the first place.

We were also the only side with 4 players in the "back 5" with less than 10 appearances.

As an aside, Saturday's cobbled together Colchester team had 418 appearances for the club compared to our 133. I'm sure we will improve as our players average playing more than 12.1 games for the club.

I read a topic in the Bristol post about how SOD doesn't do a good job and hides behind a excuses, one of the writers points is that the squad is young which SOD says loads, so why don't he play hardwood and Carey?!

He isn't doing good for city and people saying he needs to stay, how much longer do you need? 21 league games without a win! C'mon that's awful! City will find a better manager within 1 week.

He isn't doing the team any favours he is useless!

Can we do a button or a box we tick to dislike !!

Thanks for your considered opinion, you have however completely missed my point and then gone on the offensive. I love that it is lopsided because people still believe and will remain defiant to the end, for a myriad of reasons, even though we are in the midst of one of our worst run of games of all time. There are things that work for sure, but overall there is a load of damning evidence that people are flying in the face of to remain true to SO'D in the hope that it all goes good.

Now, why the need to bring in attendance into it, and as said is something I wont disclose, is beyond me. still if you want to keep getting needless digs in, if it serves some purpose, go ahead.

To possess a considered opinion in the case of Bristol City that means attendance. Your view can only be lopsided if you do not attend. Your view is devalued.

"I don't watch them play, but here is what we should do boys, I'm an expert ...!"

Which part of the" I'm not discussing what I watch and don't watch of city because every fan is entitled to an opinion on their team whether they see them every game home and away, some games home and away, some games period or none at all if that's their position", do you not get?

The views on the team are all valid, because it is 'their' club, and every fan has views on how it is, how they think it's going, and what they want from the club. This is something that you don't seem to get Cowshed, preferring to guess at what I do and dont do for a cheap dig? I'm a Bristol City fan who discusses Bristol City on a discussion board, about er, Bristol City no more, no less.,

As said originally some discussion would be nice rather than going around in circles because you seem to have an innate need to find out how many games people go to rather than entertain a discussion on, er a discussion board.

You have stated you do not attend, but offer constant critique.

Fan[atic] - Supporter? Possibly, or a emphatic no depending on definition.

Informed? Absolutely not.

Damaging? Possibly. "Fans" casting aspersions on a Head Coach of a team they do not watch isn't positive. It will not encourage positive "support" of the XI ... You are not going.

Where have I said I don't attend? Where have I said I do attend either?. I'm simply not going into it, for the reasons I've already stated above

As said you seem to be more concerned with trying to 'bash fans' rather than have a discussion about our team, I'll leave it there because you seem to be more concerned with a smear campaign on our own fans rather than discussing the team and team matters, which is odd.

Cheers

You posed a question then state "I will leave ..".

You have stated you do not attend. You also indicate you live in the North.

Which is odd here, which is the more uneven?

Being verbose and negative about a coach whose team you do not watch, or being prepared to give the Head Coach time based on improvement you can see at 3PM in the stadium on a Saturday.

I read a topic in the Bristol post about how SOD doesn't do a good job and hides behind a excuses, one of the writers points is that the squad is young which SOD says loads, so why don't he play hardwood and Carey?!

He isn't doing good for city and people saying he needs to stay, how much longer do you need? 21 league games without a win! C'mon that's awful! City will find a better manager within 1 week.

He isn't doing the team any favours he is useless!

Some might say that playing 'Hardwood' would result in greater movement and pace...

To possess a considered opinion in the case of Bristol City that means attendance. Your view can only be lopsided if you do not attend. Your view is devalued.

"I don't watch them play, but here is what we should do boys, I'm an expert ...!"

Are you talking to RMLF or SL or both? you can read every word on as it happens live sports texts, you can listen on the clubs site, you can read live info on matchday threads on here and even watch live streams/games when on.

This is a forum to discuss games and BCFC and all sorts of other stuff, do you have to go and watch Man u for instance before you can comment on them?

Are you talking to RMLF or SL or both? you can read every word on as it happens live sports texts, you can listen on the clubs site, you can read live info on matchday threads on here and even watch live streams/games when on.

This is a forum to discuss games and BCFC and all sorts of other stuff, do you have to go and watch Man u for instance before you can comment on them?

To post with such assertion, with such an air of being an authority I would have thought the person was at every game watching the XI, the development squad, youth teams and running their eye over the Community trust and the 6 -8 year olds at Briz, Filton, Whitchurch to ensure they all adhere to his football philosophy.

To post with such assertion, with such an air of being an authority I would have thought the person was at every game watching the XI, the development squad, youth teams and running their eye over the Community trust and the 6 -8 year olds at Briz, Filton, Whitchurch to ensure they all adhere to his football philosophy.

Point being we are ALL entitled to an opinion, whether we are in AUS; U.S.A up north or where-ever, watching live, or every word text as it happens.

If you don't agree with their opinions fine, they are only their opinions. Discus the points yeah fine but to attack the person and their love of OUR club and how many games they do or don't watch in person is below the belt............in my opinion.

I'll be honest, originally i wanted SOD to go until i saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xySJ3w1Ps4

Fergie clearly says "Chelsea have won all these trophies, yet still they keep changing the manager". He backs Moyes despite a poor start to their season, do we really want to become the Chelsea of League 1? the only difference is, we aren't winning anything..

Point being we are ALL entitled to an opinion, whether we are in AUS; U.S.A up north or where-ever, watching live, or every word text as it happens.

If you don't agree with their opinions fine, they are only their opinions. Discus the points yeah fine but to attack the person and their love of OUR club and how many games they do or don't watch in person is below the belt............in my opinion.

I would extend the same view to reviewing a gig, a film or sports such as boxing or rugby. If you do not attend your view is devalued and lopsided.

Nothing below the belt about it. No attack. Simple common sense.

I would extend the same view to reviewing a gig, a film or sports such as boxing or rugby. If you do not attend your view is devalued and lopsided.

Nothing below the belt about it. No attack. Simple common sense.

But you could also argue that if you are a huge fan of David Haye and he's losing every fight, you don't need to watch those fights to know that he needs to pull his finger out.

Despite everything, I still buy in to the philosophy of schooling players to make correct decisions. The idea that SOD teams pass the ball and do not play it long is far too over simplified. We want intelligent players who make good decisions. I was watching Barcelona the other night ( no, I am NOT saying we are the Barcelona of League 1), they were passing it around like you expect, but they were also hitting forty-yarders (difference is, THEY find their man).

I like this style of football, I have supported City for 50 years and in nearly all that time, we have been mediocre at best. I like the new philosophy and I, for one, am prepared to wait a little longer for it to bear fruit.

I want to feel proud of my team. Now, that COULD be achieved by winning the Champion's League, but, after 50 years, I would settle for a team that plays attractive, entertaining, football and one which wins more than they lose. I think this is an ideal worth sacrifice, after all this time, I am prepared to wait a LITTLE while longer.

"Hi, I've got an opinion."

"That's nice. I've got an opinion that's different to your opinion."

"Well it's not as good an opinion as my opinion, so take your opinion and get out."

"Calm down, I'm entitled to my opinion as much as the next opinion, so stop attacking my opinion."

"But my opinion is that you're less entitled to your opinion than someone who has based their opinion on having experienced the thing on which they have an opinion."

"No, we're all entitled to opinions, so you're wrong. Stop attacking my opinion."

"I'm not attacking anything - I'm expressing my opinion on your opinion."

"But your opinion is calling my opinion names."

"It's my opinion that my opinion isn't calling your opinion names."

"Fine. That's your opinion. But this is my opinion."

"That's nice. I've got an opinion that's different to your opinion."

Repeat, ad nauseam.

Result: OTIB.

Opinion is a hell of a weird word.

In my opinion.

Archived