IGNORED

Sod Needs To Go!

Red Till I'm Dead

Yeah but does he though?  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll be honest, originally i wanted SOD to go until i saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xySJ3w1Ps4

Fergie clearly says "Chelsea have won all these trophies, yet still they keep changing the manager". He backs Moyes despite a poor start to their season, do we really want to become the Chelsea of League 1? the only difference is, we aren't winning anything..

this is hilarious-you cannot relate whats going on here to anything occuring at these clubs..only in the very loosest sense {possible}.

I agree with the general premise that everybody is entitled to an opinion, whether they have watched the match or not. But I do take into account the fact that that person's opinion has been formed on the basis of a second hand experience of the match - because whatever source is used there is a natural filtering and bias provided by the source of information.

It is hard to argue against watching the match live being the least biased or limited option to allow a full opinion to be formed. Even so, the person's natural bias (and that of those sitting around them) and observation ability leads to the oft-quoted "were you at the same game as I was" effect :)

Television is of course the best alternative - but even there the commentary and choice of camera view have a small effect in providing bias to the opinion

Radio can be radically different depending on which source you listen to. RB has a natural bias in favour of City. Listen to a national station or the opposition's local radio commentary and you would get quite a different impression of the game. But you would at least get some impression of the atmosphere, and maybe(if you're lucky) some comments on what the off-the-ball movement is like

In many ways, live text is the worst of the live options. No idea of anything other than the "key items" that the person providing the text commentary believes relevant - and because it is typed not spoken it is behind the game and there are less of them in general. usually you get little feel for how a team is playing with off the ball movement etc. Having said that, it is still better than nothing as a source of information to base an opinion on

Then you get the worst of all options - no actual source other then "we lost/drew so..." Even there there is some value to the opinion but in my view only as a trend over a number of games.

So yes, EVERY opinion has value. but I do think that there is some validity to those at the game questioning the opinions of those who were not, due to the limited perspective that is available from the information source used

Archived