IGNORED

Oh Dear Not This Again

Go Junior GO

Sorry, but a lot of the blame for that lies at the door of Lansdown who kept signing the cheques.

It was definitely GJ's time to go but it wasn't his fault the club had no long term strategy whilst he was here.

GJ had a successful time at City and his record at getting the best out of bang-average players or even complete no-hopers was admirable.

Totally agree.....was the right time to go, but this club has never been the same and very quickly gone downhill the day he left......we have never had such a close affinity with the club and players as what johnson created...

Millen was hopeless, Mcinnes unlucky...o'Driscoll needs time

Want to know why this football club and city are in such a mess? Because of attitudes like this.

Gary Johnson took us to the brink of the Premier League, arguably the greatest achievement at this club in 25 years.

But because of some petty personal vendetta we're not allowed to recognise that. History has to be rewritten. We have to pretend that results and league positions are not important, it's all about the style of football and management.

In a large part this club and city have become a joke because of small mindedness like this.

He also lost the dressing room which was evident away at Plymouth, great management that and to be fair the style of football was awful in his final season... he had no Plan B.

Clearly had to go.

He also lost the dressing room which was evident away at Plymouth, great management that and to be fair the style of football was awful in his final season... he had no Plan B.

Clearly had to go.

How can you lose a dressing room? Surely its in the same place that you left it !!

you can't knock johnsons achivement in his time at our club. he had the place buzzin for a yesr or two.

but the fact is he's never coming back,and rightly so.never works anyway.

unless we're bottom at christmas,there's no chance of s.o.d. getting sacked.(even then its debatable)

so all the threads knocking the manager for everything he says or dose are a waste of time and energy.

anybody can have a moan,but some on here never let it go,same carp day after day!

i don't think were far away from turning things,sack the manager and wele never know.

if he stays and we get relagated this season.then you can give it with both barrels and you'd be proved right

Clearly had to go.

As anyone who was there that night will remember, after that first half display some of that team really did deserve a right kick up the backside. OK so he picked on the smallest bloke, but it was the 3 players who waded in who should have been sacked. The team that GJ built was already crumbling and he should have gone after the Cardiff home match, but let no one, least of all RR dis his acheivment in getting us - - - - -that- - - - - close. As for the question from OP, no way should he come back.

As I have said on this forum before I am still right behind SOD, we need stability at the club and as ever hoping that first win will come this sat.

But chatting to my mates on tuesday we got round to Gary Johnson,

Couple of questions came up

Would fans want him back with the thought that he wouldnt be able to spend same as before

and do we think he would come back if approached?

he was a great manager for us,but no,a bit like an old girlfriend never go back...not saying that Gary Johnson looks like any of me ex-es...that was Arthur Mullard.....

That includes me, Arn.

Worst style of management and style of football we've seen at AG in decades.

What an absolute crackpot post !!!!!!!

You are deluded. Can you not remember the promotion year ? and the play-off final year ?? worse style of football...???

What was wrong with getting in front and sometimes holding on to what we had ? Least we did....least we could defend. Lease we played good attacking football...have you forgotten McIndoe and Sproule down the wings !??

Yeah all good things come to an end but to cast GJ aside just because you have a personal dislike for the man is a disgrace to this football club. To try and say that a man that took us to the verge of the top English leaguefor the first time in 28 years has the worst style of management is ridiculous. Yes we have heard of his bully boy outbursts - but were we successful ??? Was KM successful with his softly softly wrap em in cotton wool style ? Thats just 1 example....we could all give you many more.

I hope if GJ ever comes back, you will be banned also from this forum , so that we do not have to listen to your hatred for the man anymore. We've all heard it enough and are sick to the back teeth of it...!!

Everyone has an opinion and I therefore, have to respect yours....I simply dont agree with it.

Sorry, but a lot of the blame for that lies at the door of Lansdown who kept signing the cheques.

It was definitely GJ's time to go but it wasn't his fault the club had no long term strategy whilst he was here.

GJ had a successful time at City and his record at getting the best out of bang-average players or even complete no-hopers was admirable.

Lansdown is a stockbroker, not a football manager or a scout. He has to trust what his manager is telling him.

Also, can you imagine the furore at the time if he hadn't kept signing cheques? There would've been a daily Otib meltdown over "Chairman starving us of cash! Stifling GJ's vision! Endangering the club!!"

Well sorry, but it is. GJ was 90 minutes away from being the first manager since Dicks to take us to the top flight. No one else has ever come close. And this after he'd already got us promoted to the Championship. People have very short memories. But that's typical of a lot of our fans. There are a long list of players who did really well for us - Maynard, McIndoe, Adomah to name but three who've been slated to the back teeth the minute they've set foot outside of Ashton Gate.

This.

Johnson was the most successful manager we have had in years and people are saying they wouldn't set foot in Ashton gate again if he was in charge?... Wow. I have to question some fans' thinking.

Totally agree.....was the right time to go, but this club has never been the same and very quickly gone downhill the day he left......we have never had such a close affinity with the club and players as what johnson created...

Millen was hopeless, Mcinnes unlucky...O'Driscoll needs time

Mciness was worse than Millen.. how was he unlucky??

• Admin

No!

Yeah he was succesful in his time, and for many people the only success they have seen in their generation was under GJ.

BUT,there are a couple of things that HE did get wrong.

Not strengthening his side in the January transfer window when we were top of the league.

The financial problems and massive contracts that were given out started with his reign, and are only now finally coming out of those problems

Long term Millen was not the right man for the club. He did a good holding job.

And GJ did a lot of very good things for this club, unfortunately a number of very poor things too.

But he still deserves credit for having done a lot for Yeovil - who not so many years ago were a Conference side.

But have him back at City? No - I certainly would not want him back at all.

Archived