IGNORED

Oh Dear Not This Again

Go Junior GO

If you think that Johnson played decent football then you must have been wearing rose tinted spectacles. You only have to see his goals for/against to know that he was happy to get a goal up and then defend. It worked for a while but eventually his his luck ran out. I used to fall asleep watching the shite he served up it was so bloody dull. I could have stayed at home to watch the grass grow on my lawn and that would have been more exciting.

And if you think Johnson style of management was based on enlightenment and sophiscated thinking then you must be naive in the extreme.

This so-called 'sophisticated thinking' isn't doing us much good at the moment, is it. Sometimes, giving the players a kick up the *rse works wonders - just ask SAF

G will not and should not come back. He was the right man, in the right place at the right time and had a probably unique relationship with the chairman, which while it was part of the reason for the success was also partly the reason why it went wrong later, as SL was too close to GJ to perhaps see the problems and their relationship delayed G's departure a bit too long..

The club was shambolic before he arrived and needed a tough manager to re-instill some discipline, professionalism and pride. His style may not have found favour with all fans but it did the job, gave us the best times we've had for years and made us proud to be City fans.

The problem has been the appointments made since his departure, and as another poster suggested that we've become too nice a team. When we were on a rolI remember the dread among most fans that Johnson would be poached by another club? With hindsight, it was probably a shame that another club didn't come in for GJ when at the height of his success, as it might have forced us to appoint another manager who could then have avoided the player problems that GJ had towards the end of his time. a new manager. Back then a new manager would also have been able to change the team and adopt a different style to take us forward, which GJ struggled to do.

Positive post thought I was only one who was still backing SOD

Nope there are some of us. The question I keep asking myself is how long though............keep concluding the same thought. We got to keep with him until Christmas.

This so-called 'sophisticated thinking' isn't doing us much good at the moment, is it. Sometimes, giving the players a kick up the *rse works wonders - just ask SAF

The difficulty with 'sophisticated thinking' is that it takes time to get the players educated to think the same way. Johnson's 'hand grenade' approach works short term but eventually loses its effectiveness.

Archived