IGNORED

Oh Dear Not This Again

Go Junior GO

As I have said on this forum before I am still right behind SOD, we need stability at the club and as ever hoping that first win will come this sat.

But chatting to my mates on tuesday we got round to Gary Johnson,

Couple of questions came up

Would fans want him back with the thought that he wouldnt be able to spend same as before

and do we think he would come back if approached?

GJ's time has been and gone, and whilst it was great 99% of his time here, right now I would rather stick than twist !

SOD will im sure come good, as I keep saying I see us getting better every week, just look back to mid last season we were shipping goals, and looked like headless chickens.

We have been unlucky not to have a won a few this season all ready and im sure the win is coming hopefully @ Port Vale this weekend.

Im neither alarmed or worried at the moment

Cheers

Mark

GJ's time has been and gone, and whilst it was great 99% of his time here, right now I would rather stick than twist !

SOD will im sure come good, as I keep saying I see us getting better every week, just look back to mid last season we were shipping goals, and looked like headless chickens.

We have been unlucky not to have a won a few this season all ready and im sure the win is coming hopefully @ Port Vale this weekend.

Cheers

Mark

Positive post thought I was only one who was still backing SOD

Cheers

Mark

You should be there are some scallys tampering with your car.quick.

As I have said on this forum before I am still right behind SOD, we need stability at the club and as ever hoping that first win will come this sat.

But chatting to my mates on tuesday we got round to Gary Johnson,

Couple of questions came up

Would fans want him back with the thought that he wouldnt be able to spend same as before

and do we think he would come back if approached?

Johnson back? Me and many many others would never set a foot near Ashton Gate again.

Now you've started something!

Well sorry, but it is. GJ was 90 minutes away from being the first manager since Dicks to take us to the top flight. No one else has ever come close. And this after he'd already got us promoted to the Championship. People have very short memories. But that's typical of a lot of our fans. There are a long list of players who did really well for us - Maynard, McIndoe, Adomah to name but three – who've been slated to the back teeth the minute they've set foot outside of Ashton Gate.

Well sorry, but it is. GJ was 90 minutes away from being the first manager since Dicks to take us to the top flight. No one else has ever come close. And this after he'd already got us promoted to the Championship. People have very short memories. But that's typical of a lot of our fans. There are a long list of players who did really well for us - Maynard, McIndoe, Adomah to name but three – who've been slated to the back teeth the minute they've set foot outside of Ashton Gate.

I don't disagree with you, but a lot of people seem to have some sort of hidden (or not so hidden!) agenda against him.

I thought G.J's time here was excellent, but as already stated that was then this is now, i'll stick with SOD and can see things coming right. Funny what names pop up when it comes to never setting foot in the gate again should GJ return...

Well sorry, but it is. GJ was 90 minutes away from being the first manager since Dicks to take us to the top flight. No one else has ever come close. And this after he'd already got us promoted to the Championship. People have very short memories. But that's typical of a lot of our fans. There are a long list of players who did really well for us - Maynard, McIndoe, Adomah to name but three who've been slated to the back teeth the minute they've set foot outside of Ashton Gate.

I haven't got a short memory, he gave us 2 great seasons.

But I also clearly remember his last season here, he lost the plot, got loanee after loanee in, had no plan b, didn't give youth a chance, and lost the dressing room to the extent that he was fighting the players.

As a club we still haven't recovered from having no long term plan, ie young up and coming players coming through from GJ's time here.

But I also clearly remember his last season here, he lost the plot, got loanee after loanee in, had no plan b, didn't give youth a chance, and lost the dressing room to the extent that he was fighting the players.

As a club we still haven't recovered from having no long term plan, ie young up and coming players coming through from GJ's time here.

Sorry, but a lot of the blame for that lies at the door of Lansdown who kept signing the cheques.

It was definitely GJ's time to go but it wasn't his fault the club had no long term strategy whilst he was here.

GJ had a successful time at City and his record at getting the best out of bang-average players or even complete no-hopers was admirable.

I think your last paragraph is what SOD is trying to address and it's got to be short term pain for long term gain, well at least I hope so!

Some unbelievable ingratitude on here.

GJ "worst style of football and management" etc

He won us promotion out of this division and then we were 1 game from the Premier league.

How terrible, I can wait to be struggling at the wrong end of League One again. Oh hang on...

Some unbelievable ingratitude on here.

GJ "worst style of football and management" etc

He won us promotion out of this division and then we were 1 game from the Premier league.

How terrible, I can wait to be struggling at the wrong end of League One again. Oh hang on...

Consider the source though. The author of that remark obviously forgot the reigns of Pulis and Osman while driving the Rovers fans minibus to Wembley.

Positive post thought I was only one who was still backing SOD

you're not alone, from talking to friends and seeing b the names on this forum seems most back SOD. Just a minority of posters on here seem to be against him, but they bring it up several times a day having a dig at everything making it seem like there are more of them.

That includes me, Arn.

Worst style of management and style of football we've seen at AG in decades.

Want to know why this football club and city are in such a mess? Because of attitudes like this.

Gary Johnson took us to the brink of the premiership, arguably the greatest achievement at this club in 25 years.

But because of some petty personal vendetta we're not allowed to recognise that. History has to be rewritten. We have to pretend that results and league positions are not important, it's all about the style of football and management.

In a large part this club and city have become a joke because of small mindedness like this.

Archived