IGNORED

Oh Dear Not This Again

Go Junior GO

Enjoy all the attention/biting/comments you get for this!, possibly one of the worst posts I've seen on here, fair play to you.

If you think that Johnson played decent football then you must have been wearing rose tinted spectacles. You only have to see his goals for/against to know that he was happy to get a goal up and then defend. It worked for a while but eventually his his luck ran out. I used to fall asleep watching the shite he served up it was so bloody dull. I could have stayed at home to watch the grass grow on my lawn and that would have been more exciting.

And if you think Johnson style of management was based on enlightenment and sophiscated thinking then you must be naive in the extreme.

Shit football and just miss out on promotion to the prem or average football and barely even compete in games!, absolute no brainer mate, yeah Johnson was crap...

Your view on Johnson is typical of many fans who can't understand anything other than the last result...

If you think that Johnson played decent football then you must have been wearing rose tinted spectacles. You only have to see his goals for/against to know that he was happy to get a goal up and then defend. It worked for a while but eventually his his luck ran out. I used to fall asleep watching the shite he served up it was so bloody dull. I could have stayed at home to watch the grass grow on my lawn and that would have been more exciting.

And if you think Johnson style of management was based on enlightenment and sophiscated thinking then you must be naive in the extreme.

It was a damn sight better than the shit we've had since.

Good manager, no I wouldn't have him back, but you're talking rubbish.

Your view on Johnson is typical of many fans who can't understand anything other than the last result...

How very intelligent of you. Most of us can see further than the results, and yes, he didn't develop the youth well enough, but seriously - we nearly got promoted to the Premier League! Look where we are now!! If watching a team go 537 league games without a win is your idea of enjoyment then fair enough - I'd rather see my team win some games and punch above our weight for a while.

Shit football and just miss out on promotion to the prem or average football and barely even compete in games!, absolute no brainer mate, yeah Johnson was crap...

But Johnson did lose it, not the season after the Playoff defeat but the season after... his style of football was poor and he failed to improve the team and push forward.. it was crumbling around him, yet he did nothing to remedy it.

In many respects towards the end of his tenure was the start of Citys downward spiral with dross football, ridiculous money spent on poor signings, (Yes Lansdown is to blame to) lack of harmony from within and no real plan for the future.... It went stale.

It was a damn sight better than the shit we've had since.

Good manager, no I wouldn't have him back, but you're talking rubbish.

I'm taking rubbish? As soon as City were promoted to the Championship he abandoned the style he'd adopted to win promotion. Instead he played boring boring football as if he were afraid to lose. It was shite and dull in the extreme. Like watching paint dry.

If you think thats the best football we've seen then you must be related to Johnson.

I'm taking rubbish? As soon as City were promoted to the Championship he abandoned the style he'd adopted to win promotion. Instead he played boring boring football as if he were afraid to lose. It was shite and dull in the extreme. Like watching paint dry.

If you think thats the best football we've seen then you must be related to Johnson.

The football under Wilson was better than under Johnson, just for a few seasons Johnson knew had to get the 110% out of fairly average players.

People are ignoring the fact that Johnson had a group of players who worked hard and worked together, that's why we were successful, some very unfashionable players who weren't fancied to be able to cut it in any division higher than the one we find ourselves in now, yet they managed to punch above their weight, it worked!

But as demonstrated we could only go so far with that ethic.. we needed to add quality to that and push forward, we didn't and Johnson rightfully paid the eventual price.

• Admin

You only have to look at your beloved Arsenal to see the possible benefits of that approach, the one nil to the Arsenal chant became synonymous with their style.

WARNING! Don't get sucked in by Robbored!

Johnson gave us sides that competed and ground out results, initially. Then we had the chaos of the play off season where I enjoyed every game I saw and then he plateaued and eventually went backwards where we had hardworking sides but it was no longer enjoyable to watch.

Good solid tenure, punctuated with one great season, but no point looking backwards. He'd never come back anyway, so I've been told...

WARNING! Don't get sucked in by Robbored!

Johnson gave us sides that competed and ground out results, initially. Then we had the chaos of the play off season where I enjoyed every game I saw and then he plateaued and eventually went backwards where we had hardworking sides but it was no longer enjoyable to watch.

Good solid tenure, punctuated with one great season, but no point looking backwards. He'd never come back anyway, so I've been told...

The way football clubs are run nowadays he could possibly be out of a job soon if his own Yeovil results don't improve!

Yes you are talking rubbish, and making yourself look rather foolish into the bargain.

Your constant bombardment of GJ every time his name is mentioned is nothing short of childish at best.

Yes you are talking rubbish, and making yourself look rather foolish into the bargain.

Your constant bombardment of GJ every time his name is mentioned is nothing short of childish at best.

My views on Johnson are based on what I saw on the pitch and heard about his management style from people within the club, including players.

Don't tell me I'm childish when I express my opinion.

The way football clubs are run nowadays he could possibly be out of a job soon if his own Yeovil results don't improve!

No he wont......................have you listened to the fans on a Saturday after the game?

Yeovil have been very unlucky and are playing above expectations against sides that are expected to beat them.

But Johnson did lose it, not the season after the Playoff defeat but the season after... his style of football was poor and he failed to improve the team and push forward.. it was crumbling around him, yet he did nothing to remedy it.

In many respects towards the end of his tenure was the start of Citys downward spiral with dross football, ridiculous money spent on poor signings, (Yes Lansdown is to blame to) lack of harmony from within and no real plan for the future.... It went stale.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/988-April-2010/5073-johnson-squarely-blamed-for-bristol-citys-demise

Agree with this, except that all Landsdowne did was back his manager, it's not his fault the manager had no idea what the hell he was doing, no back up plan of how to rectify it and probably talked his way out of the huge mess we were in to some extent.

I don't think he helped himself by persisting with his brother as scout or his son as the midfield dynamo, a player that scored only 10 goals in I think 5 years at the club.

Johnsons time was up after "that" Cardiff game.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/988-April-2010/5073-johnson-squarely-blamed-for-bristol-citys-demise

Agree with this, except that all Landsdowne did was back his manager, it's not his fault the manager had no idea what the hell he was doing, no back up plan of how to rectify it and probably talked his way out of the huge mess we were in to some extent.

I don't think he helped himself by persisting with his brother as scout or his son as the midfield dynamo, a player that scored only 10 goals in I think 5 years at the club.

Its nice to see another person is on the same wavelength and highlight that Johnson wasn't some kind of god and every City fan worshipped him thinking he could do no wrong. The seasons leading up to the Playoff final were a rollercoaster, it was fun and exciting as we overachieved the first season in the Championship but then it seemed to be that Johnson thought he was untouchable and from then on it got progressively worse, he tried to fix things when they weren't broke during matches and was costing us points each and every game and then the football just got dire..

I don't 100% agree with Robbored and his opinions but he does make some pretty good points regarding Johnsons style of management, borderline bullying possibly and have it on good authority from someone within the club (not divulging who) that Johnson ruled with an iron fist and anyone who dared questioned his methods would be driven out of the club.. even though the football club was crumbling around him. Lansdown got too personal and considered him a friend which was wrong in the working aspects because it blinded his judgement and like executedwolf has said should've gone after the Cardiff game, personally for me he should've gone after the Doncaster away game but I digress.

Not saying that Johnson didn't do a great job because initially he did but for anyone who says they'd have him back in a heartbeat, think again that Johnson seemed to have no future plans. While McInnes may have been out of his depth he had future plans to implement and hopefully SO'D will be given the time to clear up the mess from the last 5 years and install his plans to bring our great club back up.. 2 years isn't enough and we'll have to take the rough with the smooth of course but patience is required.

Perhaps just perhaps Lansdown should have spotted the clues, like the rest of us, Styvar, Trundle, Stern John, Adyemang, Akinde, Clarkson, Akinde and that's just the strikers, just work out the amount wasted in fees, expenses and wages, with that little lot, I think you are far to easy on Lansdown, he could have said no at any time and did'nt and then still appointed 2 more poor managers.

PS:- Since you brought it up midfield dynamo Cole Skuse - goals?????

Perhaps just perhaps Lansdown should have spotted the clues, like the rest of us, Styvar, Trundle, Stern John, Adyemang, Akinde, Clarkson, Akinde and that's just the strikers, just work out the amount wasted in fees, expenses and wages, with that little lot, I think you are far to easy on Lansdown, he could have said no at any time and did'nt and then still appointed 2 more poor managers.

PS:- Since you brought it up midfield dynamo Cole Skuse - goals?????

He probably did EMB but the fact was and it was well publicised that Johnson and Lansdown were friends so its like I said above.. Lansdown was probably blinded by his friendship with Johnson that working practices went out the window in some respects, easily done.

He probably did EMB but the fact was and it was well publicised that Johnson and Lansdown were friends so its like I said above.. Lansdown was probably blinded by his friendship with Johnson that working practices went out the window in some respects, easily done.

i'm sure you are right but as I have said before in his infamous speech at the end of last season, SL alluded to 'gone are the days when people say, ah Steve will pay for that', what people exactly?, fans, managers?, if it's managers then he only has himself to blame, because I am sure it wasn't and never was at the behest of the fans. The truth is SL got caught up in our wembley play off adventure, an adventure that many younger fans have based their expectations of BCFC upon.

i'm sure you are right but as I have said before in his infamous speech at the end of last season, SL alluded to 'gone are the days when people say, ah Steve will pay for that', what people exactly?, fans, managers?, if it's managers then he only has himself to blame, because I am sure it wasn't and never was at the behest of the fans. The truth is SL got caught up in our wembley play off adventure, an adventure that many younger fans have based their expectations of BCFC upon.

Could be just pompous and include fans in that bracket as well, I wouldn't be too surprised if he did. Like he thinks fans hope he would've been the saviour and just bankrolled our way to success in League 1 even though the majority of fans already knew that he couldn't... except maybe the young 'uns (I cant quite class myself in that group anymore)

I would hope it was aimed at managers as well though as he would have only himself to blame but he'll try and deflect that onto previous managers identifying 'poor signings' which they thought would improve the team and he was duped into signing the cheques.

Could be just pompous and include fans in that bracket as well, I wouldn't be too surprised if he did. Like he thinks fans hope he would've been the saviour and just bankrolled our way to success in League 1 even though the majority of fans already knew that he couldn't... except maybe the young 'uns (I cant quite class myself in that group anymore)

I would hope it was aimed at managers as well though as he would have only himself to blame but he'll try and deflect that onto previous managers identifying 'poor signings' which they thought would improve the team and he was duped into signing the cheques.

Oh please 'duped', hasn't SL got a mobile phone? and hasn't he got any contacts in the game at all, to check out the validity of each signing?.

My views on Johnson are based on what I saw on the pitch and heard about his management style from people within the club, including players.

Don't tell me I'm childish when I express my opinion.

I'm not telling you you're childish over your opinion, that's fine, read my previous comment where I said I respect your opinion !

I'm saying you're being childish over the fact that you can't let it go !! We have heard it so many times Robbo . We know you just don't like the guy. That's fine.

But making accusations if shit style of play and management style, when there have quite clearly been worse doesn't stack up !?

Can you not choose to abstain when there is a GJ thread !?

are you watching what ive watched over recent times?..are we referring to the same club?you just have a dislike of Gary Johnson and allow that to colour your opinion.sometimes you have to in life seperate personal dislike from the facts for the benefit of the greater good...

As I have said on this forum before I am still right behind SOD, we need stability at the club and as ever hoping that first win will come this sat.

But chatting to my mates on tuesday we got round to Gary Johnson,

Couple of questions came up

Would fans want him back with the thought that he wouldnt be able to spend same as before

and do we think he would come back if approached?

Took us closer to the holy land than any other manager in best part of forty years.

Regarding him coming back. Why would he? He's achieved more proportionally with Yeovil than he did with us. Doubt whether he would either.

I think most fans including me think the Johnson ship has sailed never to return.

Archived