IGNORED

James Wilson

TomBCFCUK

Or Wilson's lack of progression is clearly relevant to Carey's prolonged stay at AG?

In any case, it's pretty obvious that Carey hasn't kept Wilson out of the side this season or last.

Who was it then? Fontaine? Nyatanga?

It's fairly obvious to me that Wilson, with such a glowing reputation as a young player, should at some stage have got that prolonged chance to make the position his own once he was over his unfortunate injuries.

If you think it was Wilson's lack of progression that led to Carey's contract renewals, that's your view. I disagree. Renewing the contract of a veteran who seemed to be an automatic choice when fit, and even through poor displays, is bound to have an effect on the chances available for a promising younger player, as well as on his own confidence of progressing.

I assume you've witnessed Wilson's impressive games as well as his disappointing ones?

Do you not agree he merited a proper run at some stage on what you've seen?

I have a friend who is a Cheltenham ST holder, she is very impressed with Wilson and hopes they can keep him. I have to say that having seen the odd game there, also our match against the Gas and the Plymouth v Portsmouth game on the tv on the weekend, the standard at Div 2 level is pretty poor. Good luck to him, he might have found his level.

Seriously cannot understand why someone can spend so much time insulting and belittling a legend like Carey whilst backing a player of such little ability like Wilson.

It's pretty mind-blowing, really.

Obsessions eh?

Small minds must be easily blown eh? I mentioned Carey in my original reply amongst several other points regarding Wilson. Taylor10 then chose to highlight me actually daring to mention him in his reply.

If you don't think there's any correlation whatsoever between Carey's new contracts and Wilson's lack of progression over several years then that's up to you.

For me, there clearly is one.

Nice to have you back by the way - perhaps you're planning to actually add something to the debate soon rather than making worthless and annoying posts as above?

Carey's prolonged stay at AG is clearly relevant to Wilson's lack of progression, whether I'm allowed to mention it or not!!

Was it the season before last - or even the one before that - when Wilson had a run of games at the end of the season during yet another period of Carey unavailability, and did extremely well, only to be sidelined again at the start of the next season when Carey returned to (temporary) fitness.

It's very clear to me that Wilson should have been given the opportunity to make the shirt his own at the start of that next season and Carey should not have returned automatically to replace a young player - and yes, he was young then - who had done enough to retain the shirt. He might have failed to take the opportunity but at least then we'd have known he wasn't up to it once and for all rather than this assumption that he's not based on him being occasionally thrown in at the deep end amongst an already poor defence.

It's very interesting that fans are willing to forgive and make huge allowances for other mistake prone central defenders, - now including Williams, I see, but Wilson has been pilloried and written off for what has actualy been very few poor games, even though he's had some very impressive ones too.

Noggers, for me you are a very good and well respected poster on here. I just don't see why you feel the need to have a pop at Carey as often as you can. I accept your opinion but find it a little needless?

Carey signing a new deal has as much relevance to Wilson's stuttering City career as all of the other centre half's that were picked over him and all the other managers that clearly didn't rate him.

It's not as if Carey hasn't proved his worth in his time here? Other managers have picked him because they clearly felt he was the best option. McInnes could easily have gave Wilson this prolonged run during the time when Fontaine was out of form and Tango was floundering. However he continued to dismiss Wilson as every time he played he made lots of needless errors.

I get your argument but I feel your opinion on Wilson is being guided by your dislike for Carey? Wilson's career really has been hampered by all the other defenders here during his time as well as injury and not taking his chances. To single out Carey for this is very unfair in my opinion.

Who was it then? Fontaine? Nyatanga?

It's fairly obvious to me that Wilson, with such a glowing reputation as a young player, should at some stage have got that prolonged chance to make the position his own once he was over his unfortunate injuries.

If you think it was Wilson's lack of progression that led to Carey's contract renewals, that's your view. I disagree. Renewing the contract of a veteran who seemed to be an automatic choice when fit, and even through poor displays, is bound to have an effect on the chances available for a promising younger player, as well as on his own confidence of progressing.

I assume you've witnessed Wilson's impressive games as well as his disappointing ones?

Do you not agree he merited a proper run at some stage on what you've seen?

The only person who's kept Wilson out of the side in the five+ years since he made his debut is himself.  

I might agree with a "not had a proper run" excuse over a year or two, but to never force your way into contention under five or six managers in such a long time during which the team has had an extremely poor defence is evidence enough.  There's only one common denominator and it's not Louis Carey.

Just so you're in no doubt about my opinion:  this has absolutely **** all to do with Carey and to label him an automatic choice is laughable.  He shouldn't have got a contract the last couple of seasons but you would blame him for the holocaust given half a chance.

Small minds must be easily blown eh? I mentioned Carey in my original reply amongst several other points regarding Wilson. Taylor10 then chose to highlight me actually daring to mention him in his reply.

If you don't think there's any correlation whatsoever between Carey's new contracts and Wilson's lack of progression over several years then that's up to you.

For me, there clearly is one.

Nice to have you back by the way - perhaps you're planning to actually add something to the debate soon rather than making worthless and annoying posts as above?

Blimey, being called small-minded by a duffer like yourself? That's crayzay.

Wilson is gash. Absolutely awful. See Nibors post for a more eloquent wording of those two sentences.

Wilson not good enough none of the young breed have been good enough bar ribiero for years, one of my main issues with the johnson hate bergade he didnt kill the youth, they werent good enough so they dont play,

they went out on loan and f all

He gave Ribeiro his debut not millien he did his knee ligaments in his firs match

Noggers, for me you are a very good and well respected poster on here. I just don't see why you feel the need to have a pop at Carey as often as you can. I accept your opinion but find it a little needless?

Carey signing a new deal has as much relevance to Wilson's stuttering City career as all of the other centre half's that were picked over him and all the other managers that clearly didn't rate him.

It's not as if Carey hasn't proved his worth in his time here? Other managers have picked him because they clearly felt he was the best option. McInnes could easily have gave Wilson this prolonged run during the time when Fontaine was out of form and Tango was floundering. However he continued to dismiss Wilson as every time he played he made lots of needless errors.

I get your argument but I feel your opinion on Wilson is being guided by your dislike for Carey? Wilson's career really has been hampered by all the other defenders here during his time as well as injury and not taking his chances. To single out Carey for this is very unfair in my opinion.

Well I've given my arguments and no problem at all if you disagree with me T10. As always thanks for being civil and good natured in your replies.

The only person who's kept Wilson out of the side in the five+ years since he made his debut is himself.  

I might agree with a "not had a proper run" excuse over a year or two, but to never force your way into contention under five or six managers in such a long time during which the team has had an extremely poor defence is evidence enough.  There's only one common denominator and it's not Louis Carey.

Just so you're in no doubt about my opinion:  this has absolutely **** all to do with Carey and to label him an automatic choice is laughable.  He shouldn't have got a contract the last couple of seasons but you would blame him for the holocaust given half a chance.

So, you agree that Carey shouldn't have got a contract for the last couple of seasons, and you also agree that Wilson didn't get a proper run.

You have your own opinion about whether the two are related, and I have mine.

You should perhaps bear in mind, as we all must, that your having an opinion does not necessarily make you right.

I can't see the need for your last sentence, particularly the seemingly aggressive start, and the preposterous conclusion.

Blimey, being called small-minded by a duffer like yourself? That's crayzay.

Wilson is gash. Absolutely awful. See Nibors post for a more eloquent wording of those two sentences.

I didn't find Nibor's reply particularly eloquent on this occasion, but if you see it as being more so than you are capable of - as evidenced and admitted to in another woeful reply - so be it. 

That's my last word on this thread, but if any posters imagine I'm going to baulk from mentioning Carey when I feel he's relevant, well, you're going to be disappointed.

So, you agree that Carey shouldn't have got a contract for the last couple of seasons, and you also agree that Wilson didn't get a proper run.

You have your own opinion about whether the two are related, and I have mine.

You should perhaps bear in mind, as we all must, that your having an opinion does not necessarily make you right.

I can't see the need for your last sentence, particularly the seemingly aggressive start, and the preposterous conclusion.

As I said quite clearly, I don't agree with the not having a proper run argument and the only thing absurd is you yet again using a completely unrelated issue as an excuse for slating Carey.

My opinion is fairly well supported by the evidence - Carey hasn't been picked ahead of Wilson with any kind of regularity this season or last. Yours, less so.

That's my last word on this thread, but if any posters imagine I'm going to baulk from mentioning Carey when I feel he's relevant, well, you're going to be disappointed.

Given that most of your posts are about Carey I doubt anybody will imagine that. You could always put the stick down and step away from the horse.

As I said quite clearly, I don't agree with the not having a proper run argument and the only thing absurd is you yet again using a completely unrelated issue as an excuse for slating Carey.

My opinion is fairly well supported by the evidence - Carey hasn't been picked ahead of Wilson with any kind of regularity this season or last. Yours, less so.

Given that most of your posts are about Carey I doubt anybody will imagine that. You could always put the stick down and step away from the horse.

OK, I've finished with the Wilson/Carey debate but I'm not letting that pass unanswered.

I took the 2nd line of your previous post, 'I might agree with 'not had a proper run excuse' over a year or two' to indicate you felt somewhere along the line Wilson should have got a proper run. If it didn't mean that what does it mean?

Your last line is nothing short of ridiculous. A miniscule percentage of my posts over 10 years have been about Carey, and those that have been have centred on me disagreeing very strongly with the new contracts and putting forward my reasons for doing so. Of course those reasons are going to sound critical - I'm arguing against him - but that doesn't mean I have any dislike for the individual or don't appreciate his contribution to the club over many years. I've put forward my arguments, not 'slated' him, which is a completely crap word to use in debate anyway. I have strong opinions about all things City related and I've no doubt there are as many posters on here who associate me as being strongly anti- Millen, very strongly pro- Pitman, very strongly pro- Albert, and any number of other subjects as those who, like you, see me primarily as 'anti' Carey.

It's quite laughable you state that 'most of my posts are about Carey' -  I can only assume this is an indication of you being very selective in your reading of this forum over the years because that statement is clearly absolute nonsense.

OK, I've finished with the Wilson/Carey debate but I'm not letting that pass unanswered.

I took the 2nd line of your previous post, 'I might agree with 'not had a proper run excuse' over a year or two' to indicate you felt somewhere along the line Wilson should have got a proper run. If it didn't mean that what does it mean?

It means that were he unable to get into the team for a year or maybe two, the "not had a proper run" excuse might apply. Over more than five years and more than five managers it cannot, there is clearly a reason he isn't getting picked - and it's not Louis Carey.

Your last line is nothing short of ridiculous. A miniscule percentage of my posts over 10 years have been about Carey, and those that have been have centred on me disagreeing very strongly with the new contracts and putting forward my reasons for doing so. Of course those reasons are going to sound critical - I'm arguing against him - but that doesn't mean I have any dislike for the individual or don't appreciate his contribution to the club over many years. I've put forward my arguments, not 'slated' him, which is a completely crap word to use in debate anyway. I have strong opinions about all things City related and I've no doubt there are as many posters on here who associate me as being strongly anti- Millen, very strongly pro- Pitman, very strongly pro- Albert, and any number of other subjects as those who, like you, see me primarily as 'anti' Carey.

It's quite laughable you state that 'most of my posts are about Carey' -  I can only assume this is an indication of you being very selective in your reading of this forum over the years because that statement is clearly absolute nonsense.

The search function isn't working at the moment but when it is I suggest you use it and find the number of your posts in the last couple of years containing the word Carey and the number not containing it. You will be very surprised.

Wilson not good enough none of the young breed have been good enough bar ribiero for years, one of my main issues with the johnson hate bergade he didnt kill the youth, they werent good enough so they dont play,

they went out on loan and f all

He gave Ribeiro his debut not millien he did his knee ligaments in his firs matc

"Wilson not good enough none of the young breed have been good enough

Would you mind if i asked you some specifics in relation to the comment about young players in particular

Which of the current young breed are you suggesting are not good enough ?

and when you say "not good enough"

not good enough for what exactly ?

The last time i looked we were 23rd in L1 (third tier of English football), i am wondering at what level you would pitch them

sorry lots of questions there, but i am genuinely interested

I didn't find Nibor's reply particularly eloquent on this occasion, but if you see it as being more so than you are capable of - as evidenced and admitted to in another woeful reply - so be it.

Odd that you are crying foul about apparent misrepresentation of your views when you've preceded to take my post out of context. Difficult to judge whether that's even more senile babble from yourself or you're just a hypocrite.

Without wishing to beat my own drum I would happily profess to be more eloquent than yourself, when I need to be. That not one or your inane rumblings about Carey being the root cause of every 21st century tragedy or Pitman being the love child of Pele and Messi has justified a response of any eloquence is undoubtedly more or a reflection of your standing on here or anywhere else than it is of me.

It seems odd that several of the best, most thoughtful posters on here (I don't for one second think I am one, before you get all rowdy and give yourself a heart-attack) immediately associate your postings with attacks on Carey... Perhaps those blinkers need removing eh?

Odd that you are crying foul about apparent misrepresentation of your views when you've preceded to take my post out of context. Difficult to judge whether that's even more senile babble from yourself or you're just a hypocrite.

Without wishing to beat my own drum I would happily profess to be more eloquent than yourself, when I need to be. That not one or your inane rumblings about Carey being the root cause of every 21st century tragedy or Pitman being the love child of Pele and Messi has justified a response of any eloquence is undoubtedly more or a reflection of your standing on here or anywhere else than it is of me.

It seems odd that several of the best, most thoughtful posters on here (I don't for one second think I am one, before you get all rowdy and give yourself a heart-attack) immediately associate your postings with attacks on Carey... Perhaps those blinkers need removing eh?

Not wishing to get embroiled in the specifics of your discussion here but it has to be said that with coming up to 25% of the season gone, so far Carey and Harewood have been about as much use to BCFC as a chocolate fireguard.

"Wilson not good enough none of the young breed have been good enough

Would you mind if i asked you some specifics in relation to the comment about young players in particular

Which of the current young breed are you suggesting are not good enough ?

and when you say "not good enough"

not good enough for what exactly ?

The last time i looked we were 23rd in L1 (third tier of English football), i am wondering at what level you would pitch them

sorry lots of questions there, but i am genuinely interested

I was refering to when wilson came through and city were in the championship, plummer, artus etc.... jennison not good enough gary got blamed for killing youth if they arent up to it they dont play they were crap a loan clubs , reid and bryan are plenty good enough for this level

Not wishing to get embroiled in the specifics of your discussion here but it has to be said that with coming up to 25% of the season gone, so far Carey and Harewood have been about as much use to BCFC as a chocolate fireguard.

Got a feeling Carey's going to come into his own soon.......................

who else is going to take over as caretaker manager?????????

I'm only mucking around!!!

Except, well, be honest, you couldn't rule it out, could you?

Hugely unfair on Harewood, so far he has a 100% availability record and has certainly put plenty of effort in.

Careful Esmond you're about to be overwhelmed by the eloquence of his reply. Brace yourself!

Did anyone watch the game? How did Wilson play? For Wales to get a draw against one of the top nations in the World away from home I take it Wilson had a pretty good game.

BBC Wales said he was Excellent apparently. Had Lukaku in his pocket.

Archived