IGNORED

James Wilson

TomBCFCUK

Ok, only read the lineabove saying "he's back with us" and subsequent comments about Flint's injury.

He couldn't have done badly for Cheltenham or in training with Wales...... They trusted him with nearly half a game against Belgium.

To be fair they didn't have much choice, Collins got injured and I think if I'd declared myself Welsh before the game I probably could've got in the squad!

To be fair they didn't have much choice, Collins got injured and I think if I'd declared myself Welsh before the game I probably could've got in the squad!

To be even fairer Wales know all about Wilson's capabilities and 'trust him' because he has proven himself by being a regular at both u.19 and u.21 levels for years, even captaining the side.

Elevation to senior level is called natural progression, something some might say has been denied him at City.

To be even fairer Wales know all about Wilson's capabilities and 'trust him' because he has proven himself by being a regular at both u.19 and u.21 levels for years, even captaining the side.

Elevation to senior level is called natural progression, something some might say has been denied him at City.

Fair point but it'll be interesting to know why he's back here. If Cheltenham haven't rated him in League Two don't see him suddenly getting another chance here.

Fair point but it'll be interesting to know why he's back here. If Cheltenham haven't rated him in League Two don't see him suddenly getting another chance here.

No idea why he's returning to City, but you're certainly trying to put the worst possible slant on it if you're suggesting it's because they don't rate him.

There's no suggestion of that anywhere that I've seen - quite the opposite, reports of his perfomances for Cheltenham have been very positive.

Could it not just be as simple as they loaned him to cover injuries and those players are now becoming available again?

The simple answer is that we wont know until we try him. However I think Dunk & Williams provide better options.

Williams has been persevered with despite making mistakes and we know little about Dunk's likely capabilities in a City shirt apart from that he failed to impress at Wycombe.

Not sure they are better options, but they certainly appear to be ahead in the pecking order.

Williams has been persevered with despite making mistakes and we know little about Dunk's likely capabilities in a City shirt apart from that he failed to impress at Wycombe.

Not sure they are better options, but they certainly appear to be ahead in the pecking order.

I think overall Williams has had many more good games than bad and he's certainly a breath of fresh air after Liam 'all fall down' Fontaine. As for Dunk, I must admit I'm only going on what a Brighton supporting mate says.

He looked poor at Wycombe, but didn't they all?

Don't let the facts spoil a good argument !

Indeed. There's a very reasonable point made by Wilson in that interview though.

When managers bring in their own players they have a vested interest to keep faith with them during bad patches and do their utmost for them to be seen as successes at the club in the long term. Williams has certainly made a number of costly errors this season, but SO'D has shown faith in him which looks like it could well be rewarded.

GJ gave Wilson his debut, Millen gave him a good run, but Wilson was not actually signed by any manager as such, simply upgraded, so no particular manager has felt an obligation to give him a really extended chance - preferring instead to sign their own players or give out of sorts experienced players numerous opportunities to play themselves back into form. The fact that Wilson had more than one long term injury would have made the decision to gradually sideline him in favour of the steady flow of incoming players easier, especially given the number of managerial changes in the last few years, and ALL of the new managers looking to bring in players (perhaps including some they have known previously) as a short term fix to help a club seemingly always in a state of crisis.

Anyway, judging by that interview and lack of contact by City - have they been watching him at Cheltenham? -  and yet another loan signing in Dunk, plus the elevation of Brundle, it looks like it will take an amazing turnaround in opinion by SO'D (and, under the circumstances, a courageous one) or an unprecedented injury crisis, for Wilson to ever feature for City again.

Looking at the Cheltenham fans forum it seems he did OK for them without being outstanding. The international call-up probably didn't help, meant Cheltenham were paying his wages while he was with the Welsh squad, you don't really want a player on a short loan if he's going to get international call-ups.

Archived