IGNORED

Many Joined The 'sod Out' Bandwagon Tonight? (Poll)

BCFC_Mike

SOD Out?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know how anyone can say stick with him. He's clearly lost the dressing room his time is up. Pulis or hoddle for me, but would take warnock.

Not too sure about the “lost the dressing room” bit. The team put in a great performance on Saturday, apart from the result, so an amazing bust-up must have happened to make him lose the dressing room in a few days.

I think it’s just that the players are not good enough. How much blame for that can be put onto SoD I’m not sure. Yes, he was responsible for bringing some of them into the club, but nobody really know what budget constraints he has. Signing young inexperienced players and players for low fees / free transfers isn’t likely to bring instant success.

Can we please stop having a poll after every single game... The fact that all the polls give the same result shows that everyone has chosen their camps and one result isn't really swaying them. The next time anyone thinks 'I wonder what percentage of fans want SOD out' please just use the search function to find a previous one and therein lies the answer.

We're out of the JPT, who gives a damn. Nobody wanted success in this at the start of the season so stop pretending that we did. If SOD doesn't win any of the next ten league games then please feel free to make another poll as I imagine you'll need your fix by then but just give it a few weeks rest PLEASE.

Do you really believe he'll be given that opportunity?

always funny how those who shout the loudest think they're in the majority, start their own polls see the early results as some sort of vindication of their views despite the anger of losing being fresh... then, by the next day they are back in their place as the absolute minority view.

In an election a result like this one would be called a landslide. You lot wanted a poll to show off you were right, well you weren't AGAIN. how about you disappear into obscurity like any other opposition would in the face of such a comprehensive defeat.

Can we please stop having a poll after every single game... The fact that all the polls give the same result shows that everyone has chosen their camps and one result isn't really swaying them. The next time anyone thinks 'I wonder what percentage of fans want SOD out' please just use the search function to find a previous one and therein lies the answer.

We're out of the JPT, who gives a damn. Nobody wanted success in this at the start of the season so stop pretending that we did. If SOD doesn't win any of the next ten league games then please feel free to make another poll as I imagine you'll need your fix by then but just give it a few weeks rest PLEASE.

I'm happy to keep the polls, just to remind people that no matter how loud they shout, they're not actually changing any opinions. But I agree it's pointless.

I'm in the SO'D IN camp but the tide does seem to be changing. More and more people are losing faith by the week and to be honest, you can't really blame them.

You feel the next few weeks are going to be key, if it carries on much into November then he could find himself in trouble IMO.

I still believe he will turn it around.

I don't think the tide is changing at all. About a week ago, around 25% said either SOD out or give him two more weeks. A week later, we've lost two more games. The people who said give him two more weeks have maybe not given him the full two weeks, but they've still been consistent.

Around 15-20% said give him until Christmas. A few of them are wavering now (hence the 10% ish "I don't know").

And the rest said give him until Easter, the rest of the season, or indefinite. They haven't shifted at all.

In a similar vein, a poll at the very start of the season found a majority saying to give SOD a lot of time, around 20% said he had until October, and around 20% said until Christmas / January.

So everybody is acting entirely in accordance with their stated position. This is a good sign that none of the City fans are fickle. It shows that around 20% are very demanding / impatient, and around 60% are long-suffering / happy-clapper / patient.

The only difference I can see is the pace at which the "SOD out" camp are answering the poll. It means that for the first hour or so the poll is more likely to be neck-and-neck than a few weeks back. But once the poll settles, the result is the same. In fact, at the time of writing this poll has 65% for SOD to stay and 190 votes. On the basis of previous polls there will may be as much as 30 more votes before the poll goes cold. If so, I bet the amount for SOD to stay increases above 65%.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and rightly so.

My opinion is that there are plenty of people just itching for us to lose so they can come streaming out from under their keyboards.

Jeez, it was only three days ago that we put in a great performance, albeit it was a draw from a howler of a mistake. Now it's all doom and gloom.

Exactly.

I'm happy to keep the polls, just to remind people that no matter how loud they shout, they're not actually changing any opinions. But I agree it's pointless.

I don't think the tide is changing at all. About a week ago, around 25% said either SOD out or give him two more weeks. A week later, we've lost two more games. The people who said give him two more weeks have maybe not given him the full two weeks, but they've still been consistent.

Around 15-20% said give him until Christmas. A few of them are wavering now (hence the 10% ish "I don't know").

And the rest said give him until Easter, the rest of the season, or indefinite. They haven't shifted at all.

In a similar vein, a poll at the very start of the season found a majority saying to give SOD a lot of time, around 20% said he had until October, and around 20% said until Christmas / January.

So everybody is acting entirely in accordance with their stated position. This is a good sign that none of the City fans are fickle. It shows that around 20% are very demanding / impatient, and around 60% are long-suffering / happy-clapper / patient.

The only difference I can see is the pace at which the "SOD out" camp are answering the poll. It means that for the first hour or so the poll is more likely to be neck-and-neck than a few weeks back. But once the poll settles, the result is the same. In fact, at the time of writing this poll has 65% for SOD to stay and 190 votes. On the basis of previous polls there will may be as much as 30 more votes before the poll goes cold. If so, I bet the amount for SOD to stay increases above 65%.

Thanks but I wasn't explicitly referring to crap Polls on OTIB.

What you have stated though, does infact show the tide is changing, just at a rate that you would expect it to. The longer it goes on, the more people will switch sides....obviously.

always funny how those who shout the loudest think they're in the majority, start their own polls see the early results as some sort of vindication of their views despite the anger of losing being fresh... then, by the next day they are back in their place as the absolute minority view.

In an election a result like this one would be called a landslide. You lot wanted a poll to show off you were right, well you weren't AGAIN. how about you disappear into obscurity like any other opposition would in the face of such a comprehensive defeat.

I tried explaining this to that mutinous little pillock, 'Stripey' Nigel Falange, last week, up in Manchester. He wasn't having it. Argued til he was red and blue in the face. Upip·squeak

I can't see SoD leaving, we are stuck with him and will be dragged along his rebuilding route.

It ain't HIS rebuilding route it's the club's! That's such an important point. He didn't come in and tell the Lansdown's how to run their club, they said they want to promote youth, stop spending stupid money on wages and invest in talent to develop and sell on while developing a good playing style. Anyone who came into replace SOD, if the club are really serious about wanting to do this now, will have exactly the same constraints and remit that SODs got. There is no magic fix, no-one else is suddenly going to come in and make these players world beaters anymore than SOD is trying to.

Thanks but I wasn't explicitly referring to crap Polls on OTIB.

What you have stated though, does infact show the tide is changing, just at a rate that you would expect it to. The longer it goes on, the more people will switch sides....obviously.

Well, I suppose you'd say the tide is coming in as forecast - there's no freak surge. I think though that's enough metaphor useage.

Although I wasn't entirely correct. It's maybe moving a little faster. See polls here:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/155848-expectations-for-the-season/?hl=poll

(17% ten games in or leave now, 3% end October, 18% Christmas)

and here:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/157484-poll-time/?hl=poll

(12% end September, 23% Christmas).

So around 5-10% of City fans have made their minds up in the negative earlier than anticipated, and a bit under 5% seem to have swung the other way.

Edit - when I say "City fans" I obviously mean "City fans who have responded to the poll on OTIB".

I don't know how anyone can say stick with him. He's clearly lost the dressing room his time is up. Pulis or hoddle for me, but would take warnock.

Who says that the managers mentioned in this post would even consider managing Bristol City (again in Pulis case). Both Colin and Pulis have chequered histories in one way or another and Hoddle.. to be perfectly honest, I don't know what he is doing anymore.

For the record I wouldn't want any of those managers here, next you'll be touting Skeletor.

Who says that the managers mentioned in this post would even consider managing Bristol City (again in Pulis case). Both Colin and Pulis have chequered histories in one way or another and Hoddle.. to be perfectly honest, I don't know what he is doing anymore.

For the record I wouldn't want any of those managers here, next you'll be touting Skeletor.

skeletor always done well motivating his troops in he man worth a shout!

Be fair to the man. He's defined the four managers that would cause me to go and watch rugby instead.

Without slagging the poster who suggested it initially I'm firmly against Pulis ever coming near us again.

On paper, and fully ignoring his history here, it might make sense. But to forget the damage he did to this club by recruiting journeymen and stranding us in League One for years after our last relegation is a big oversight.

People may counter by going "yeah, but look at the mess SO'D is creating" well, I don't for one second think his approach is comparable to Pulis, who signed players like that carthose Jones rather than youngsters like JET.

For what it is worth I'm still in the 'stick' camp, and feel like last night's pathetic capitulation may actually work in our favour come Crewe, as SO'D can now challenge them to show some character and be ruthless.

Pulis wouldn't come back here as long as he had a hole in his ass. Universally despised (except by the blue few) and has stated in the press, with regard getting back to work, he would consider dropping to the Championship. Sounds like he has his eyes a bigger fish than us (thank god).

You seem to be trivialising the fact that 1 in 3 now want him out. If you take City's average gate to be 12,000, that's 4,000 fans (and growing). Rather than brush it aside as an 'absolute minority', that should be considered a crisis

You seem to be trivialising the fact that 1 in 3 now want him out. If you take City's average gate to be 12,000, that's 4,000 fans (and growing). Rather than brush it aside as an 'absolute minority', that should be considered a crisis

it's 20% in the sod out camp so that's 1 in 5 not 1 in 3! Sorry to point out mathematical errors!

P.s I don't like being the maths police!

Pulis wouldn't come back here as long as he had a hole in his ass. Universally despised (except by the blue few) and has stated in the press, with regard getting back to work, he would consider dropping to the Championship. Sounds like he has his eyes a bigger fish than us (thank god).

I'm unsure struggling with what on paper are quality players for this division

The other thing thats keeping me undecided is this 'transition' period,

As I understand it it came into play before SOD, McInness made changes and the coming of FFP, SOD has come changed to the way the club deem but has had 10 months to implement his way and forgetting last season hes had 15 plus matches in this season

How long is a transition?

I dont think a transitional period of relegated seasons should be acceptable and thats the bit that worries me.

The results and at times performances dont lie.

• Admin

Do u have a sense of humour. I dunno what is wrong with the fans on this site no one is allowed an opinion the little clique on here is always right and everyone else is wrong.

You hold an opinion that is contrary to the popular one at present. Of course you will get many replies questioning the validity of your opinion. Just as you do theirs. Nothing to do with clique's at all.

I'm trivialising that of the people I meet in a day, 1 in 5 of them is probably a moron. This poll is fairly suitable data to support that, In my humble opinion.

Archived