IGNORED

Why Did Johnson Get Time During The Last League 1 Struggle? Gary We Are Back Where You Found Us Last Time Save Us

Deanbcfc89

I think that most fans are happier with the manager now than they were at the end of GJ's reign, I remember him getting tremendous stick from the crowd. GJ's confrontational style of management only works if the players believe in him, once that belief has gone it doesn't work any more. At Yeovil they believe in him so it works. It worked here to start with and we had unbelievable success for a while, but it's not a long-term solution. Similar in some ways to Di Canio but not so extreme.

I very much doubt it

IMO, there are a couple of reasons why Johnson will leave Yeovil:

1) He performs some sort of miracle and establishes Yeovil as a successful Championship side, leading to him being approached by a bigger Championship club.

2) Yeovil are relegated from the championship this season and then have an awful season or two in league one, possibly leading to relegation to league 2.

Either of these scenarios will take approx. 2-3 years to happen. For Johnson to come to City in 2-3 years it would mean that Sod will be sacked in 2-3 years. As the board seem to have complete faith in him overhauling the club, IMO the only way he will be sacked is if City have sunk into league 2 with no prospect of any improvement. If that happens, it doesn’t matter who we get as manager.

• Admin

Problem with GJ's reign IMO

Never strenghtened in the January we were top of the table

Put too many average players on wealthy long term contracts

Had to be the top man in the dressing room and never liked 'big name' players

Persisted too long with LJ

Lost the dressing room with his 'hand grenades'

No doubt for me that we would of been playing Premier league football if he would of done. He was the only person who thought we didn't need to.

IMO SL should have stuck by GJ and booted the trouble makers into the sidelines, lived with that and backed his man. He didn't and we've crumbled ever since.

GJ would turn this situation around in the short term though not without more pain. Long term not sure he is the answer.

Meh ... who knows in the end.

If the rumours about what happened with Sproule at half time in the Plymouth game are true then GJ gave SL no choice. Nobody else's fault - things litke that just shouldn't have been done. Most of us have good memories of GJ but his time is passed and he's at 'his' club right now.

We defintely could do with a few hand grenades in the short term and SOD doesn't seem to be that personality. Personally don't think that we've got any choice but to continue on the path we're on with SOD and hope for the best, worrying as that is.

More of a concern to me is the owner - a good man but seemingly becoming more remote and uninvolved, holding a huge debt of his own creation over the club and in the process of handing the club over to his kid like it was a toy train set at Christmas. As a club we seem directionless. The fault does not lie with SOD, or McInnes, or Millen, or Coppell or GJ - we need some well connected football man on the board and to have competent people running the operations and commercial side. In short, we need to get professional in all aspects and stop being a 'hobby' club.

His last season was dire, football was rubbish... lost the plot after he thought he was untouchable.

Took us backwards in the end up and should've gone a lot sooner than March.

Im desprate mate so i brought out the lowest of insults!! really think this would be best for the club i just cant bring myself to accept the reasons against, ive been trying to accept it for 4 years and they just dont wash with me

he didnt spend all the money

we would not of been relegated if he stayed and guess what he went and what happend anyway so shut up to those who say that

and the players got too big for their boots, basso done one, orr demanded more money, mcindoe was always a ticking time bomb the man needed time to rebuild

he earnt it after getting us up after years of trying and for gods sake almost to the premier i still cant believe that achievement

how there is not one fan who feels the same way is beyond me i no there is a person who could guarantee us a way back up out there and the fans would rather stay in this league than approach him based on the reasons above, it just aint right and dont make sense to me, and i no whats coming go watch yeovil no im a city fan i just want my club to have the best chance of being successful and at this point in time there is only one man

SERIOUSLY mate, move the **** on. Garys lousy choices are the beginning of our current ****** MESS. Players like Adebola, Akinde, Savage, Jevons, Anjemang et al.Not seriously strengthening the team after that flukey Pray Off Final. Sticking with the dire Mccombe, Johnson minor too long, dropping the likes of Orr & Keogh when they disagreed with him. Players like Weale were as big a waste of time as anything seen since. Allegedly whacking Sproule, grand move. Playing Johnson minor instead of Hartley? Like every manager who has ever managed they all reach their sell by date, and brother had he!

Gary is at his spiritual home now, ****** Yeovile. I'd love big Joe Jordan to come back to us, and he was a waaaay way better manager than Johnson is, but its not gonna happen.

Meantime lets move forward, not backwards.

Garys personality great that it was started the downfal of Bristol City we are now suffering. Coppell, Millen, McInnes & O Driscoll have all played their part. But Johnson started this cluster****. Really its time for all you GJ groupies to move on.

Oh yeah and he is the current League One Manager of the Year, and ever cross your mind that maybe he has learned from his mistakes and is a better manager for it???

if he is any better than before and you dont want him then your GAS my freinds im sorry but get to the memorial and watch the level of football you love.

And HA on the way to relegation when he was sacked??? news flash weve been relegated mate and were close to it every season after, Gary faced a player revolt for demanding more than a midtable position

Ridiculous.

You don't even know if he is any better than before so you cant make that assumption, you don't know if he has learned from his mistakes.

We weren't midtable when he left by 'mutual consent', we could've easily been in a relegation battle the way it was going and as there was still what 9 games to go and there was no momentum, the football was dire and he had lost he dressing room. It was thanks to MILLEN not Johnson why we ended up 10th with 5 wins and 1 defeat in the last 9 games. To say people are Gas just because they don't want him back is ludicrous and you need a serious reality check.

Disagree, he left Yeovil for us on good terms, he left us with unfinished business, breaking down when he left. He has taken Yeovil as far as he can, he will want to put right the mistakes he made here as he loved this club

Not saying he didn't love BCFC, but if a neutral looked back on GJ's career when he retires they'll think of Yeovil, not us

Just wanted to return to this mad thread and point out to the OP that his hero Johnson had also lost a FLT game away at Barnet.

3-2 it was and remember it well as got there 10min late due to getting off at the wrong stop ;) but it was that dire and at the time the players played without any passion whatsoever (pretty sure it was within the winless run back then). So it does happen to other managers

That Barnet game was the first or second in our run of 9 consecutive defeats, and earlier in the same season we had lost at home to them in the league cup! GB also guided us to a home fa cup defeat to notts county, ( then in the 4th division) in front of about 3,000 fans!hope the impatient immature spoilt brats who are stamping their feet and demanding s.o.d s head on a platter realise that it's all happened before +believe me in g.j s early days it was no better than it is now and their were a fair few people throwing their toys out of the pram and calling for his head to!

Thankyou for not doing that mate because it is a rant out of passion so i didn't care about the grammar i also expect jokes about an obsession with johnson or fasination but it wasnt the man it was more the sucsess and the prospect of anything was possible at the start of a season with him in charge, have we one on an opening day since he left???? when i wrote it just wanted to express my opinion can not believe we accept this Even smaller clubs don't except this league position and the on light is we had a good game against port vale which we drew, news guys they were league two for 5 years we were a championship side for 5 we should battering them possession and chances wise.

Can i also ask what you disagree with as all i wrote is clear FACT , just biased towards the fact i want Gary back, only bit that is debatable and not a disagreeable FACT is will Gary want to come back ?? i am of the opinion that money talks and yeovil cant pay him what we can.

plus he loves us watch that press conference when he left and when he did the pre match for the rovers game last week he said he had goosebumps when he heard us sing HINT HINT

I don't know if you can spot the irony in your post? No one new that after that 9 game losing streak we would have the amazing time of it we did, infact im sure people where questioning him just like they are sod now. Who is to say So'd wont turn it around and in two years time we will be top half of the championship with him in charge? Get rid of him now and we will never know, football can change quickly, and with most of our league performances the positive change is coming; its just a case of riding it out.

Statistically? Danny Wilson 47.35 vs 40.17 Win Ratio, Next :)

Now theres lies, damn lies, and statistics! In truth though we played the best footy I've witnessed under Wilson, and that includes our almost to the premier league season. Feel sorry for Wilson though, as much as his teams deserved it he just cant buy a promotion from league 1/ div 2 !

Hey, there were no quantifiers, just 'most successful'. Longest run of wins and Wilson even had a JPT win to his credit, something that GJ didnt either... How would you quantify 'most successful' from that time, last 33 years?

i would quantify the most successful manager in the last 33yrs , as the manager that had managed and been successful at the highest level of football.

Most fair minded people would agree that success is gauged by how close to the top you get. Playing or managing at the highest level possible!

You can't compare success at a lower level, with that at a higher level. a player that scores 50 goals a season in non-league football, can not be deemed a more successful striker than a prem striker who only scores 20 a season.

Danny Wilson was a decent manager, who failed to bring us success. All his football for us was 3rd tier, as opposed to GJ, who managed us more at the higher level. So technically i would argue GJ was the most successful!

Wilson did however manage to win many games in the lower level of football. Most of which was good to watch.

Stick with Sean cause he knows what he wants out of his team. Just a shame the players and the majority of the fans aint got a clue what he is going on about half the time. Johnson told the players what they wanted to hear and gave them confidence..it worked for a while. Keep the faith

That makes no sense whatsoever

Archived