IGNORED

Why Did Johnson Get Time During The Last League 1 Struggle? Gary We Are Back Where You Found Us Last Time Save Us

Deanbcfc89

Yeah 2 big defeats in 5 years at a time when the players conduct was pathetic and the team was in transition( We finished 10th the year before and 4th the year before that/ the 3rd season when everybody wen mental: Mcombe BIG player left/ Basso Big player left/ Orr demanded more money gary wouldnt give it to him haha isnt that ironic ; so he didnt play/ BIG PLAYER / Elliot was never the same always injured BIG Player/ McIndoe Attitude was disgraceful and he was a big player!!!! show me any team that looses that spine and wouldnt struggle / this my freinds is the reason for those heavy defeats, the man derved another season to rebuild and i woiuld hapily of gone down with gary in charge because i no what he was capable of rebuilding!!!

now go and jack off to Odriscolls new podcast and let him tell you everythings going to be okay

Don't think O'Driscoll has said anything will be ok, has he? Think he has just been honest.

Elliots injury worsened was Johnsons persistency to play him when he was injured... he wasn't rebuilding anything, very much at Yeovil he was pinning his hopes on the first XI while abandoning the youth academy etc. So did you not watch City from December onwards before he got the bullet? I guess I was wrong, the football was magnificent and we were so unlucky to lose every game because he had to 'rebuild'.

my last post available i could argue all day and you all lie

The point is i think he could come back if we went for him and he should im not obsessed put that spin on it if you want mate Its an argument that city fans avoid because of people like you lying and producing names of loan signings

Gary lost the dressing room , we should of replaced that dressing room , not him

im tired of it now anyway if you read what i said thank you any way good debate not the reaction i wanted but still a reaction.

The point is i think he could come back if we went for him and he should im not obsessed put that spin on it if you want mate Its an argument that city fans avoid because of people like you lying and producing names of loan signings

Gary lost the dressing room , we should of replaced that dressing room , not him

im tired of it now anyway if you read what i said thank you any way good debate not the reaction i wanted but still a reaction.

You seem pretty obsessed in Johnson, it seems unconditional.

Right so basically replace that team and waste thousands upon thousands on a new team until they revolt against him and repeat cycle.. see the problem there?

Dear oh dear.

He isn't coming back....get over it!

It was great while it lasted but it was his time to go! Apart from Yeovil he hasn't exactly gone on to do a lot. Disastrous spells at Posh and Northampton. It really is time to just move on. The club will never move if we keep trying to live in the past.

Yeah 2 big defeats in 5 years at a time when the players conduct was pathetic and the team was in transition( We finished 10th the year before and 4th the year before that/ the 3rd season when everybody wen mental: Mcombe BIG player left/ Basso Big player left/ Orr demanded more money gary wouldnt give it to him haha isnt that ironic ; so he didnt play/ BIG PLAYER / Elliot was never the same always injured BIG Player/ McIndoe Attitude was disgraceful and he was a big player!!!! show me any team that looses that spine and wouldnt struggle / this my freinds is the reason for those heavy defeats, the man derved another season to rebuild and i woiuld hapily of gone down with gary in charge because i no what he was capable of rebuilding!!!

Oh and Ipswich in our first in the championship 6-1? Reading at home 4-0, Carlise in the league cup? Or was that Millen. And the team was not in trastion the team was dire and GJ was partly responsible for it I.e not making signings in January of the play off season dele or Frazier Campbell.

Basso, McCombe, Noble, McInode, Hartley, Carle not replaced keep faith with "old" gaurd i.e mcaslister he offered a new deal FFS, Trundle paid £1 million and NEVER played to his strengths the following season froze out same with basso

GJ time was up remember the good times and MOVE ON!!!

what do think of Charlie Adam as a player?

IMO SL should have stuck by GJ and booted the trouble makers into the sidelines, lived with that and backed his man. He didn't and we've crumbled ever since.

GJ would turn this situation around in the short term though not without more pain. Long term not sure he is the answer.

Meh ... who knows in the end.

Probably about as close to my opinion on this thread.

Never say never but I am all for sticking by Sean.

As for that 'incident' at Argyle?... It is alleged as far as I can tell so probably fair to say people should not jump to a conclusion that this was the reason for his departure.

ha your painful, this thread is my diagnosis and cure for the problems at this club, your silence and acceptance of this clubs failures since gary left are painful to me , very very painful

and to say he started the rot by getting us promoted and almost up again leaving us midtable after 9 FLIPPIN YEARS OF ROT is pathetic screw you

Wheres your opinions and threads on what is wrong with the club you assholes??

We are the 7th biggest city in england for gods sake demand better than what we are

1)We all want city to do better than we are but Gary Johnson isn't the man to do that, he did well with us do r a while but his methods won't fit in with what we are doing now ie spending

2) in the title you say that Johnson was given time at the beginning so why not give sod time as well THIS season, we had 9 consecutive defeats with Johnson, this season with sod we haven't won in 10 yes, but only lost 4

3) insulting other because they have a different opinion isn't neccessary no matter how strong you feel about it

Childish as i sound saying this them saying my post is painful and pathetic is insulting to me, so they started it

Fair enough mate i just wont let the final word on this discussion be its a pathetic and fruitless argument

and johnson works better on a smaller budget im sure he would respect restrictions remember he was allowed to spend that money by steve because he had done so well and acheived alot in a small amount of time with little money.

victim of his own succsess

its been done to death now theres no convincing people who have there opinions, just bemused more city fans werent wandering how it would be if johnson had seen out that season and had the next summer even if we went down by sacking him we delayed progress and delayed an invetable relegation by 4 years

anyway it is boring now and im ready to move on from this now guys

just dont call it pathetic cause it isnt

This thread is actually pathetic.

Johnson is a short term manager, can build a team, but can't build a club.

On the field we were a success.

But off the field he set us back years - pretty much destroyed the youth setup at the club that had been well built up, gave jobs unqualified members of his family in positions they had no place having.

It was good for 2/3 seasons but he created as many problems as he solved, which McInnes and now SoD have tired to fix in terms of coaching and scout setups.

Appointing Johnson would be a complete contradiction to everything that is trying to be done at the club today.

He brought us some great short term success, but long term was incapable of fully establishing the club in the Championship with a viable future.

its been done to death now theres no convincing people who have there opinions, just bemused more city fans werent wandering how it would be if johnson had seen out that season and had the next summer even if we went down by sacking him we delayed progress and delayed an invetable relegation by 4 years

anyway it is boring now and im ready to move on from this now guys

just dont call it pathetic cause it isnt

hindsight is a wonderful thing..

I would add to the debate, GJ did best when he didn't have money to spend. He had less to spend in div 1 than Wilson, and his early signings were astute. I'm happy to give sod till end of next season though! Then if sod hasn't done the business, get GJ back in, on condition he works within the same perimeters!

And its an opinion that i think gary coming back would be good, i think it could be possible and i think he should be shown more love and respect on this forum your opinion is different so please stop with the pathetic

im not saying im a better person than you but when you start a thread i wont call your Opinion pathetic when i disagree,

end of discussion as i said move on unless you try to insult this thread again i will respond and have the last word.

Archived