IGNORED

Why Did Johnson Get Time During The Last League 1 Struggle? Gary We Are Back Where You Found Us Last Time Save Us

Deanbcfc89

we are in the same shit place you found us last time, the reason gary had so much time was ;

Because Johnson had a personality which gave you a bit of hope,

he had inherited brian tinnions players who he mentioned on a weekly basis were no fit enough at that time during those defeats

he promised a turn around in January which he delivered ,after that January the next 2 years were Unbelievable

I would love that man to come back people say he wouldn't leave Yeovil in the championship for us But he is our man, money talks at the end of the day if he is offered enough he would return, people say he wasted money but i am pretty sure at the time of him leaving us we were in mid table and had at least 10 1-1 results due to last Min equalisers

Johnsons biggest mistake signing Paul Hartley, big time know it all dropping poison in the squads ears when gary gave them a rollicking of that i am sure of but i am a paranoid person so i could be wrong.

Bring him home steve

The sick thing is if he came back and took us up next year and to a championship play off final the next i still think some of you ignorant idiots will say get rid of him if we finished 10th the next year

AND BEFORE YOU SAY 6-0 home to cardiff 5-2 home to donny blah blah i will take that kind of result now and again if it means supporting a team that can manage to string a couple of wins together every now and again.

AND BEFORE YOU SAY move on its the past, look at peterboro with ferguson, forest with Davies , its been four years of move on give millen time , give o"drisscoll time, give mcinnies time and look where we our.

I said it at the time of him leaving that man deserved the chance to get rid off the players that turned on him and rebuild that squad he didnt spend all the money did he ??? we had enough left over to sign David James fresh off a world cup so dont disagree with me based on him wasting money because i hate that argument, yeah he spent but guess what we were in the Championship and competing.

Thanks if you read all this i just hope some fans jump on a get Garry back Bandwaggon sooner or later similar to what the forest fans did with Billy Davies there fans made that appointment happen

Rant over now bring on the ignorant old gits bringing down my article because of my spelling or grammar

Come Back Gary Yeovil have peaked finish what you started here

Thankyou for not doing that mate because it is a rant out of passion so i didn't care about the grammar i also expect jokes about an obsession with johnson or fasination but it wasnt the man it was more the sucsess and the prospect of anything was possible at the start of a season with him in charge, have we one on an opening day since he left???? when i wrote it just wanted to express my opinion can not believe we accept this Even smaller clubs don't except this league position and the on light is we had a good game against port vale which we drew, news guys they were league two for 5 years we were a championship side for 5 we should battering them possession and chances wise.

Can i also ask what you disagree with as all i wrote is clear FACT , just biased towards the fact i want Gary back, only bit that is debatable and not a disagreeable FACT is will Gary want to come back ?? i am of the opinion that money talks and yeovil cant pay him what we can.

plus he loves us watch that press conference when he left and when he did the pre match for the rovers game last week he said he had goosebumps when he heard us sing HINT HINT

Seriously move the hell on. It's human instinct to remember the good times in life when things are not so good but that same instinct fails to remember the bad times.

Gj's reign has been done to death on here. Yes he got us up a division and to Wembley but all our problems now lead directly back to him. At the time of leaving us we had a dejected unbalanced squad, no manager since has been able to address that. Gj was giving a lot of money and faith and for years we have been paying crap players off. Money that could have been spent on better players.

Gj left us in a right old mess. What you forget to mention is that season he left us we was going down, had he stayed we would have been relegated, the fact we got a couple of extra seasons in the Championship credit must be given to del and KM.

I'm not a GJ hater, I give him credit for leading us to Wembley from the bottom of league one but his management limitations became apparent when we moved up a level. He was out of his depth. Had he strengthened in the January window we would have gone up automatically, Stoke and Hull both strengthened and we did not and the beat us to it.

How the he'll can u say signing Hartley was a mistake? He was one of the most gifted players to Don the shirt in recent times. The problem was GJ didn't know how to handle a player with Hartley 's ability and experience. Sorry but your post has lost all credence by berating Hartley. Another problem was we was unable to ever replace him and our midfield has had a massive hole in it since he departed.

Let's not forget officially GJ left by mutual consent, however it is alleged that had he not agreed to that he would have been sacked for gross misconduct following the alleged events in the dressing room at Plymouth. For that reason alone he will never be employed by Bristol City ever again.

mate there is one player left from that squad left and we were in the championship signing jon stead and david james a year after he left your telling me there wasnt money there to balance the squad??? also million on pitman and baldock and davies.

ill tell you what has been DONE TO DEATH the johnson has wasted all our money argument , we spent after he left any factual criticisms....

We need to be big enough as fans of this club to say he is the best for us Just like Forest with Billy Davies

Seriously move the hell on. It's human instinct to remember the good times in life when things are not so good but that same instinct fails to remember the bad times.

Gj's reign has been done to death on here. Yes he got us up a division and to Wembley but all our problems now lead directly back to him. At the time of leaving us we had a dejected unbalanced squad, no manager since has been able to address that. Gj was giving a lot of money and faith and for years we have been paying crap players off. Money that could have been spent on better players.

Gj left us in a right old mess. What you forget to mention is that season he left us we was going down, had he stayed we would have been relegated, the fact we got a couple of extra seasons in the Championship credit must be given to del and KM.

I'm not a GJ hater, I give him credit for leading us to Wembley from the bottom of league one but his management limitations became apparent when we moved up a level. He was out of his depth. Had he strengthened in the January window we would have gone up automatically, Stoke and Hull both strengthened and we did not and the beat us to it.

How the he'll can u say signing Hartley was a mistake? He was one of the most gifted players to Don the shirt in recent times. The problem was GJ didn't know how to handle a player with Hartley 's ability and experience. Sorry but your post has lost all credence by berating Hartley. Another problem was we was unable to ever replace him and our midfield has had a massive hole in it since he departed.

Let's not forget officially GJ left by mutual consent, however it is alleged that had he not agreed to that he would have been sacked for gross misconduct following the alleged events in the dressing room at Plymouth. For that reason alone he will never be employed by Bristol City ever again.

Agree with bs34 red, Johnson was great in his first couple of seasons but totally lost the plot alienated the players and seemed more interested in providing his family withgood jobs than anything else, what me do miss though is his passion, s.o.d iisn't that sort of person which is fair enough were all different, but when the board is made up of faceless non entities who have no respect for the fans its no wonder that we feel rudder less, lost and bewildered.

because Hartley was a senior player at the time of the player revolt against gary, i was a big fan too and was happy too see him and the rest of the team play well when they got there way and gary was shafted, but when he ditched us the next summer after playing a role in getting our best manager ever sacked too say i was annoyed is an understatement

Hartley was not worth loosing gary.

Oh yeah and he is the current League One Manager of the Year, and ever cross your mind that maybe he has learned from his mistakes and is a better manager for it???

if he is any better than before and you dont want him then your GAS my freinds im sorry but get to the memorial and watch the level of football you love.

And HA on the way to relegation when he was sacked??? news flash weve been relegated mate and were close to it every season after, Gary faced a player revolt for demanding more than a midtable position

Bring back Alan Dicks!!!!

The most succesful manager in our history... From being a relegation threatened club in the second division, he took us to the top flight and kept us there for 4 years! Ever since he left, this club has gone downhill. Come home Alan!!!

DICKS IN!!!!!

Fair shout but hed probaly be the first manager to die on the sideline, this is a serious post i was hoping it would start a fans petition to get him back, i just dont think people consider how the players turned on him they just see the stand out bad results from that last season

I have no doubt if we appointed Gary he would get us back up by next year i just dont see how someone but me cant see it, every who likes johnson is scared of getting shot down on here by people who say he wasted ALLL THE MONEY which is not true. Refer to my previous posts please see sense and get the man back we can get this club back up show some ambition as fans like other clubs fans do!!!

Im desprate mate so i brought out the lowest of insults!! really think this would be best for the club i just cant bring myself to accept the reasons against, ive been trying to accept it for 4 years and they just dont wash with me

he didnt spend all the money

we would not of been relegated if he stayed and guess what he went and what happend anyway so shut up to those who say that

and the players got too big for their boots, basso done one, orr demanded more money, mcindoe was always a ticking time bomb the man needed time to rebuild

he earnt it after getting us up after years of trying and for gods sake almost to the premier i still cant believe that achievement

how there is not one fan who feels the same way is beyond me i no there is a person who could guarantee us a way back up out there and the fans would rather stay in this league than approach him based on the reasons above, it just aint right and dont make sense to me, and i no whats coming go watch yeovil no im a city fan i just want my club to have the best chance of being successful and at this point in time there is only one man

Like I said dean admire your passion but like someone else, said g j was lucky not to get sacked for gross misconduct so can't see the club re employing him! also Hartley was the best mid fielder I've seen play for city since Gerry gow, shame that Garry chose to pick his god awful son ahead of him half the time!

Off too bed now after a passionate row about what is best for my club so before you terrorise my points in my slumber i will summarise ;

Gary johnson; League 1 manager of the Year the League we are in now freinds

He will come back for the right money he is a cockney and will have something to prove after the way he left.

He will take us back up in at least two seasons guaranteed

He will bring us media attention again for those that love seeing us mentioned on Sky every now and again.

He will bring the passion back

He did not spend all our money; he left we signed jon stead, david james , martyn woolford, neil killkenny , brett pittman, sam baldock, why couldnt we spend some of that on a new centre half and a good midfielder when he left also Paul hartley left the summer of Garys depature so even more money freed up!!

Garys team nucleus was falling apart after 3 succsesssful seasons, a promotion, a play off final in a big league, and a top 10 finish in what was a very strong championship that season.

Orr was dropped for weeks as he demanded more money, mcombe left to move back up north, mcindoe went mental and ran inside all the time, sproule was crap and didnt like being told, and elliott was injury prone and never the same thats four main players gone wrong in garys final year

How about those facts being considered when you think about how you treated a club legend who i believe could have eventually achieved what we did dream off but came to expect thats top level football, HE DESERVED THE OPPURTUNITY TO GET OUT THE GOOD TURNED BAD AND REBUILD

#

If you read this i think i have put to rest many peoples arguments against johnson and put a strong case for a fans plea to get him back

Please read what i say and then the arguments people come up with against they have no basis this is our man and if the majority cant see it we deserve the level we play at, i will refer to peterborough with ferguson and forest with Davies because they are great comparisons

if you agree please speak up against these people with the FACTS i have given you

Thanks

we are in the same shit place you found us last time, the reason gary had so much time was ;

he had inherited brian tinnions players who he mentioned on a weekly basis were no fit enough at that time during those defeats

he promised a turn around in January which he delivered ,after that January the next 2 years were Unbelievable

I would love that man to come back people say he wouldn't leave Yeovil in the championship for us But he is our man, money talks at the end of the day if he is offered enough he would return, people say he wasted money but i am pretty sure at the time of him leaving us we were in mid table and had at least 10 1-1 results due to last Min equalisers

Johnsons biggest mistake signing Paul Hartley, big time know it all dropping poison in the squads ears when gary gave them a rollicking of that i am sure of but i am a paranoid person so i could be wrong.

Bring him home steve

The sick thing is if he came back and took us up next year and to a championship play off final the next i still think some of you ignorant idiots will say get rid of him if we finished 10th the next year

AND BEFORE YOU SAY 6-0 home to cardiff 5-2 home to donny blah blah i will take that kind of result now and again if it means supporting a team that can manage to string a couple of wins together every now and again.

AND BEFORE YOU SAY move on its the past, look at peterboro with ferguson, forest with Davies , its been four years of move on give millen time , give o"drisscoll time, give mcinnies time and look where we our.

I said it at the time of him leaving that man deserved the chance to get rid off the players that turned on him and rebuild that squad he didnt spend all the money did he ??? we had enough left over to sign David James fresh off a world cup so dont disagree with me based on him wasting money because i hate that argument, yeah he spent but guess what we were in the Championship and competing.

Thanks if you read all this i just hope some fans jump on a get Garry back Bandwaggon sooner or later similar to what the forest fans did with Billy Davies there fans made that appointment happen

Rant over now bring on the ignorant old gits bringing down my article because of my spelling or grammar

Is this the same manager who has lost 8 out of the last 10 games for Yeovil and hasn't won in 10 ??

To bring up Yeovil's record in the Championship is just stupid, they are expected to go down with zero points but they have fought hard in every game and lost a couple of games late on. They are on a tiny budget and when they played QPR Joey barton was reportedly earning more than the whole Yeovil starting eleven. We have players like Frankie Fielding, JET, nicky shorey and Sam Baldock yet we are pathetic every week in league one. O'Driscoll out.

But he has achieved so much more with them than us, been there longer, they gave him his big chance in football etc etc. We'll only be a home from home for GJ

Disagree, he left Yeovil for us on good terms, he left us with unfinished business, breaking down when he left. He has taken Yeovil as far as he can, he will want to put right the mistakes he made here as he loved this club

Bring him home steve

This is appalling

I think that most fans are happier with the manager now than they were at the end of GJ's reign, I remember him getting tremendous stick from the crowd. GJ's confrontational style of management only works if the players believe in him, once that belief has gone it doesn't work any more. At Yeovil they believe in him so it works. It worked here to start with and we had unbelievable success for a while, but it's not a long-term solution. Similar in some ways to Di Canio but not so extreme.

Archived