IGNORED

What's The Strangest Match You've Ever Seen ?

Major Isewater

not sure about strangest game - but definitely strangest period was around Christmas time 2006 with Gj.

seem to remember 3 straight home games - Port Vale being one? Where we went in at HT 1 or 2-0 down and came back to win 3-2/2-1. Remember one of the games we went in losing and being dominated but still confident we were going to win!

I got 2 that are tied but neither are city, one was fa cup preliminary a couple of years ago hallen vs bristol manor farm, manor farm took the lead 5 times, hallen equalise each time then hit the crossbar before manor farm go down the other end, hot the crossbar and score, the other was mangotsfield but I can't remember who they were playing and they went a goal down within seconds and were shocking for the first 15 minutes but suddenly started playing and won 10-1 I think David seal scored 5 or 6 in that game, but I got to say away to cov this year and home to Huddersfield (I think) a few years ago are up there

bcfcbs20

If you are a bouncer, I've just knocked over some chaps pint, pinched that honey-bun on the arse, and you caught me smoking weed in the bogs.

What you going to do, tough guy?

This is all perfectly normal behaviour for a BCFC midfielder ...............

Do any of us actually do any work, or are we ALL unemployed??

I'm retired, but still offer consultancy, for business and football administration and leadership. Plus, I have my duties as a councillor for Baines. And always one or two minor small business projects on the go. You can take the small businessman out of business, but, erm, well, he still keeps his hand in. If that makes any sense

I'm retired, but still offer consultancy, for business and football administration and leadership. Plus, I have my duties as a councillor for Baines. And always one or two minor small business projects on the go. You can take the small businessman out of business, but, erm, well, he still keeps his hand in. If that makes any sense

Hope it's nothing serious. Will he be OK to play for England tomorrow?

I played on a match in my younger days where the ref booked 6 players before the match for swearing! It went down hill from there and he sent of 4 players during the match itself for minor infringements.

That was typical of local football in the 70s - so difficult for the leagues to get referees that they took anyone. In another match the opposition centre forward caught a cross and threw it into the net. The ref missed the handball and gave a goal as he had left the pitch to get his umbrella! The original Wally With The Brolly.

Not necessarily strange, but I still can't get over that Fallon bicycle kick floating in. Ridiculous!!

Pretty much think I jinxed that, at the time I was living in Swindle and taking the **** out of my mates who supported Swindle saying Rory 'who'.

The following day he scored that bicycle kick and the abuse I received was immense.. probably deserved ;)

Hope it's nothing serious. Will he be OK to play for England tomorrow?

Well, don't tell the Toffee noses, but he was pretty miffed that he never got to move to Old T. Few tears about that. But, a long chat with Councillor Q, "Listening Lord Les," a nice cuddle, and he was his old self again. Then, when he saw how piss-poor Moyesie's boyes have been, he was laughing his teats off! Then he went to Upson Park and knocked in those two wonder free-kicks. Job done.

Funnily enough, I popped in to St. George's park this morning to catch up with everyone. No sign of them. Think they'd given soft Roy the slip and were hanging around Cabot Circus. But Bainsey will be there, representing the Banes!

Concur on two games already mentioned.

Derby 4-3. Coins being thrown at us in and out of the Baseball Ground. A view at side of the pitch, which actually felt below pitch level and a game where fortunes just kept on turning round.

Oxford away in the early 90s. Fog descended so we could only see the halfway line. Only knew we had scored when the players came running back up together past the halfway line. We got lost driving back home in the fog and somehow ended up in Cheltenham.

Good times!

Up the City

Oxford Utd away in the late eighties(?)

Thick fog descended - could not see much further than the halfway line.

I think the final score was 1-1.

I was there for this one...

...remember the ball appearing out of the thick wall of fog, heading for our goal...

...then Paul Simpson appearing behind it.

Did he ever NOT score against us?

It would have been about 1992 I think.

I was there for this one...

...remember the ball appearing out of the thick wall of fog, heading for our goal...

...then Paul Simpson appearing behind it.

Did he ever NOT score against us?

It would have been about 1992 I think.

Nof even that great a strike rate, I guess he did play a bit as a winger thoug. Averaged a bout 1 in 4. Must have been averaging about 1.3 in 1 against us. Utter utter barsteward :laugh:

Bristol City 1 Fulham 5 - can't remember the year.

If you looked at the stats at the end you would have thought they were from a different game. Fulham had 5 shots at goal, their keeper played a blinder and the City team were applauded off at the end.

Think it was 88-89. The following season was a promotion year and City won 5-1.

A game I didn't attend, but which involved City was at Ninnian Park in the early 70s. Every time a City player committed a foul, for some reason the Ref awarded us a free kick!

Oddest game I've seen was not football, but a local rugby game. Both sides selected 16 players assuming someone wouldn't turn up. Everyone did, so the Ref announced rather than have two guys waste a Saturday afternoon, he was prepared to let them play 16 a side if they wished.

bcfcbs20

If you are a bouncer, I've just knocked over some chaps pint, pinched that honey-bun on the arse, and you caught me smoking weed in the bogs.

What you going to do, tough guy?

This is all perfectly normal behaviour for a BCFC midfielder ...............

Let you carry on with the chap that you just spilt his pint he's bigger than me, shake your hand for touching up the honey and I'll take your weed off your hands for Ron.

Cremonese 2 City 2, "crowd" 535, about 8 of whom were City, played on a week day afternoon, about a week before Xmas.

Correct about the crowd size. Cremonese went on to reach the Final and brought 2000+ fans over here.

Odd - I was thinking of this game before reading any replies.....I have the same memory as PSR, that we battered them and they scored from every chance they created. You're correct about the team giving up though, I think by about an hour in they realised the Gods weren't with them that day

Also correct about Marshall, he was outstanding for Fulham that day

Nope.....we were outplayed from start to finish........it's not often you see the home fans applauding the opposition off the pitch :yes:

Archived