IGNORED

Why Do We Postpone Games For International Breaks?

Deanbcfc89

If you read the Fans Parliament thread SO'D says we're too short of defenders. We lose Williams and if someone else then got injured in training we could be faced with putting untried youngsters in the defence, he rightly says that if we then lost the game he would be asked by the fans why we agreed to play.

why did carey get a contract then>??? and why did we sign dunk this is there chance to play??

Exactly. It's bollocks and it really annoys me. We're the only postponement in League One today.

We've also got Fontaine and Wilson out on loan. In the old days you'd recall a player if you were short. Not any more.

why did carey get a contract then>??? and why did we sign dunk this is there chance to play??

Ah, the unanswerable question. It's right up there with the meaning of life, did Lee Harvey Oswald really shoot Kennedy and can a cross eyed dyslexic read ok?

Ah, the unanswerable question. It's right up there with the meaning of life, did Lee Harvey Oswald really shoot Kennedy and can a cross eyed dyslexic read ok?

Or did Frank Morris really escape Alcatraz?

We will never know.

I dont think any clubs should be able to cancel fixtures for internationals. If clubs want to sign the worlds best players they should do so knowing they will miss so many games playing for their country.

When international week comes that should be when the players not called up play along side the clubs younger/youth players. Would give them a better chance to break into the first team and impress.

Exactly thats the point in having a squad, so many players getting paid great money even in the lower leagues just to sit on there ass on a Saturday and train in the week

Or play in a week when they wouldn't have had a game were it not for the postponement, they still play forty six leagues games.

Seems to me there's an awful lot of Norris Coles on here lately.

I dont think any clubs should be able to cancel fixtures for internationals. If clubs want to sign the worlds best players they should do so knowing they will miss so many games playing for their country.

When international week comes that should be when the players not called up play along side the clubs younger/youth players. Would give them a better chance to break into the first team and impress.

That's how it always used to be. This cancellation of the league programme idea has been with us less that 20 years.

Last season we were scheduled to play Brighton away on a September Saturday. Because of the international break we had to go there on a November Tuesday. That will have reduced City's support and also Brighton's gate receipts.

Exactly. It's bollocks and it really annoys me. We're the only postponement in League One today.

We've also got Fontaine and Wilson out on loan. In the old days you'd recall a player if you were short. Not any more.

Quite a few problems with that latter suggestion.

Wilson was on the bench for Wales last night, Fontaine is injured and as I must have posted 96 times over the years on here you cannot recall outfield players in the first month of a loan.

Quite a few problems with that latter suggestion.

Wilson was on the bench for Wales last night, Fontaine is injured and as I must have posted 96 times over the years on here you cannot recall outfield players in the first month of a loan.

Graham, the point I'm trying to make is that you probably shouldn't be sending out players on loan at all if it makes your squad so thin that it can't handle a couple of insignificant call-ups.

Preston are without Iain Hume, Chris Humphrey and Will Hayhurst, who are all away on international duty. They're 1-0 down at home to Crewe.

Apparently on their forum, there is a thread titled "why don't we postpone games for international breaks"

Apparently on their forum, there is a thread titled "why don't we postpone games for international breaks"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't mate.

We'd have had the exact same post on here if we'd played today and lost.

If they were 2 or 3 first team regulars then taking the opportunity to postpone would be understandable but the rest of the league could be forgiven for thinking we were afraid to take on Crawley - it certainly seams strange to postpone what was already a difficult tie and probably have it moved to a wet and cold Tuesday night in February when the pressure really be on if we are still in the bottom 4 by then.

If I were in SOD's shoes I would have sent a rallying call to the team and the supporters, making a play on standing shoulder to shoulder and pushing on through adversity etc, etc, - eventually we will win a game and today could have been that day...... and if not, there would have somebody or something else to blame. But perhaps that's why I'm not a successful football manager and ........

I had a look at other sports. Rugby has a complete break with none of the top teams playing whether affected or not (similar to footy's Prem & Champs).

In First Class Cricket, the county games continue and clubs are expected to arrange cover for their best players.

• Admin

I had a look at other sports. Rugby has a complete break with none of the top teams playing whether affected or not (similar to footy's Prem & Champs).

In First Class Cricket, the county games continue and clubs are expected to arrange cover for their best players.

In County Cricket the counties don't "own" the players as they are contracted centrally to the ECB and released occasionally to play for "their" county. Sometimes the ECB even release the player to play for a different county.

Aaaarrrrghhh...what is the ******* point of this forum? Why don't people just get it?

So many people on here every day...and yet they still don't get it... so ******* frustrating... no wonder the board and Sl don't give a **** about the 'fans'... ******* dimwits... seriously...why bother following football if you don't understand the simple aspects of the game...this forum compared to other Clubs forums is a ******* joke.... no wonder other Clubs think we are a bunch of ******* wurzels...

Aaaarrrrghhh...what is the ******* point of this forum? Why don't people just get it?

So many people on here every day...and yet they still don't get it... so ******* frustrating... no wonder the board and Sl don't give a **** about the 'fans'... ******* dimwits... seriously...why bother following football if you don't understand the simple aspects of the game...this forum compared to other Clubs forums is a ******* joke.... no wonder other Clubs think we are a bunch of ******* wurzels...

Maybe you could ******* enlighten us *****?

Archived