IGNORED

Why Do We Postpone Games For International Breaks?

Deanbcfc89

Aaaarrrrghhh...what is the ******* point of this forum? Why don't people just get it?

So many people on here every day...and yet they still don't get it... so ******* frustrating... no wonder the board and Sl don't give a **** about the 'fans'... ******* dimwits... seriously...why bother following football if you don't understand the simple aspects of the game...this forum compared to other Clubs forums is a ******* joke.... no wonder other Clubs think we are a bunch of ******* wurzels...

Ooh, was it something I said?

Or was it some other ********* ************ of a *********** ********** downright *********** of a *********** fellow to which you refer.

Either way, I didn't use all of my blood pressure tablets last month because I forgot to take them on my hols - would you like some?

Ah right, duff info from the BBC then.

See Spudski's off again!!!

Not at all mate... as one of the more 'intelligent ones on here, I was really surprised you even bothered to post on this thread.

It's threads like these that give BCFC supporters a bad name... how thick do we need to look...seriously?

I'm sure some people come on here just for a wind up... if not...then it's no wonder....

Not being funny mate... think you're one of the more clued up on here... but this is just nonsense...

Not at all mate... as one of the more 'intelligent ones on here, I was really surprised you even bothered to post on this thread.

It's threads like these that give BCFC supporters a bad name... how thick do we need to look...seriously?

I'm sure some people come on here just for a wind up... if not...then it's no wonder....

Not being funny mate... think you're one of the more clued up on here... but this is just nonsense...

It's not an irrelevant post at all. BCFC has the CHOICE to postpone the game. They don't have to postpone it. So the question is a completely valid one.

As it goes, I, just about, think postponing was the correct, albeit frustrating decision. We really could have done with a game this weekend as we bloody we'll need a series of wins and need them quickly.

Marv would have been sub anyway and Cunningham has lost his way. We are now a struggling league 1 side and should be completely selfish with our retention of international qualified players. Our need is far greater and this game should have been played today with or without Williams.

I dont think any clubs should be able to cancel fixtures for internationals. If clubs want to sign the worlds best players they should do so knowing they will miss so many games playing for their country.When international week comes that should be when the players not called up play along side the clubs younger/youth players. Would give them a better chance to break into the first team and impress.

Had to cut to the chase when I read 'world's best players'.

Secondly, the Premier League refused to jump on ship with the FA re:the great comission recently, so why the hell should we expect coheshion between domestic clubs and the International scene?

Needless to say,'customers' of the industry are at the bottom of the pecking order in regard to any decisions made.

Proud to say I have no season ticket and no Sky subscriptiom.

That's true actually, when I tell people I'm a City fan I get dodgy looks and people criticise our dumb forum topics before swiftly walking off.

You're clearly one of the more intelligent ones...

I posted because I support SOD's decision to postpone the game. If he thinks it's the right decision, and he can use the time off constructively in training then I'm fine with that.

Others will think that we should be playing because we are desperate to get a win under our belts and a home game offers the best opportunity.

I also get that certain posters will be annoyed because they can't make a rearranged midweek fixture.

That's the thing with this forum malarkey, not everyone sees things the same, and when others have a different viewpoint to mine I can either try to explain where I'm coming from or bow out gracefully if the other views are too entrenched.

Calling people ******* dimwits is not my style though!

BTW my initial Carey comment was supposed to be funny, obvioulsy failed there.

1998 Danish International Soren Anderson was secured for £700,000. Other International players to arrive were midfielders Moldavian Ivan Tistimetanu and Hungarian Vilmos Sebok. This proved to be a dubious advantage later in the season. One night as defender Brennan played for Canada and Sebok scored a hat trick for his country, City were losing a vital game against fellow strugglers. City finished bottom of the division.

spudski your so arrogant; the point of this forum is to question things and give your opinion bad or good on football matters, so if you think your insults will stop me from posting what i think in the future your wrong.

Not at all mate...

Read your OP again... Quote...

'We have 3 players called and there all crap so why? we need games quick so we can find a win ....

Oh yea and get Gary Johnson back'

SoD has come out and clearly stated why the game was requested to be cancelled... Calling players called up for International duty 'Crap' and questioning SoD's reasons from an armchair...when he knows and works with our squad and asking for GJ back are a little bit... well you should know the rest...

And why would I want to you stop posting?... never implied that. I didn't insult you... but the content of the post.

Think about what you've written and the context and what reasons have been given by SoD and it may make some sense...

why did carey get a contract then>??? and why did we sign dunk this is there chance to play??

I think Dunk came in well after the decision was made,so had he not have joined us we would have been very short at C/ B..agree it's annoying though.not sure if Lewis is fit and or illness free and ready to play?!!..

That can't be true as we were the only side in League 1 to postpone their game. We were told this above.

You must be referring to my post. Well, I got the information from the BBC football website, which listed the day's fixtures. At the top of the list was Bristol City p-p Crawley Town. No other postponement was mentioned.

Well done on the cheap point you scored though - must be gratifying.

Archived