IGNORED

Crewe Alexandra V Bristol City

The Kaiser

I thought I'd post this up before I leave the house, because after the game (and potentially at half time if I'm bored and the queues are too long for the p*sser) I'll post on here and be able to say either

1) My optimism is quite funny

2) I was right

I think - if we keep our shape at the back (big if I know) and show the same zest and creativity as I saw at Swindon away - then we are good for not just a point but all three here.

Crewe like to pass it, which means they'll have potentially a fair bit of the ball but in turn it will open up chances for us to knock it around and create some room too.

Both sides will be nervy - we're both down near the bottom but I think get onto them early and knock it around, get an early goal and then it becomes the plus that you are the away side.

We're nervous at home because we aren't doing well - they will be no different.

We get in front, play confidently and it will increase the pressure on them.

BUT BUT BUT if we allow them room, time and space and they pressure us early and God forbid get an early goal, then we will be right up against it.

I think this will be a nervy game, meaning it may not be awesome to watch but I can see us winning this.

I've always believed we win one, we'll a few on the bounce. It's just getting that one.

Hopefully today will be it.

I'll see everyone at Gresty Road!

@bcfctweets: #BristolCity v Crewe: Parish; Moloney, Flint, Williams, Shorey; Wagstaff, Pack, Reid, Bryan; Baldock, Emmanuel-Thomas.

It's baffling to look at that line up and then see the league table!

Come on boys, lets turn that corner TODAY!

COYR!!

It's baffling to look at that line up and then see the league table!

Come on boys, lets turn that corner TODAY!

COYR!!

That's what I thought, however, putting a deliberately negative hat on:

Parish - former reserve keeper, single digit league starts

Moloney - not good enough for Forest

Flint - poor on ground, carrying injury, overpriced

Williams - youngster, few shaky moments

Shorey - age catching up with him, old pro on way down

Pack - never played at this level before this season

Wagstaff - hard working headless chicken at times

Reid - lightweight unproven youngster

Baldock - carrying an injury, not as good as many believed when signed

JET - blows hot and cold, often goes missing for long spells

Bryan - another unproven youngster in first prolonged spell at this level.

Now, I'm being DELIBERATELY HARSH, however some of us, myself included, are guilty of looking at the potential of this team when reading team sheets and not the actual quality of it at this precise moment in time.

Let me pre-empt the moaners:

If we lose - we're doomed. SOD OUT!

if we draw - we haven't won for 21 games. SOD OUT!

If we win - too late. We should have won ten games ago. SOD OUT!

Probably very true! We could all list now, the 10 or so posters on here that that tripe will come from.

The only time I will drop my support of keeping SOD here will be when we go on a run of bad PERFORMANCES and players aren't buying into or trying to do what he see's as our clubs new vision.

That's what I thought, however, putting a deliberately negative hat on:

Parish - former reserve keeper, single digit league starts

Moloney - not good enough for Forest

Flint - poor on ground, carrying injury, overpriced

Williams - youngster, few shaky moments

Shorey - age catching up with him, old pro on way down

Pack - never played at this level before this season

Wagstaff - hard working headless chicken at times

Reid - lightweight unproven youngster

Baldock - carrying an injury, not as good as many believed when signed

JET - blows hot and cold, often goes missing for long spells

Bryan - another unproven youngster in first prolonged spell at this level.

Now, I'm being DELIBERATELY HARSH, however some of us, myself included, are guilty of looking at the potential of this team when reading team sheets and not the actual quality of it at this precise moment in time.

You have said that was deliberate, so I won't send a lengthily response. Of course you can take those comments per player and they could be deemed as correct, but with a positive hat on, most would look very different.

Lets come back to this at 5pm...!

Probably very true! We could all list now, the 10 or so posters on here that that tripe will come from.

The only time I will drop my support of keeping SOD here will be when we go on a run of bad PERFORMANCES and players aren't buying into or trying to do what he see's as our clubs new vision.

Ummm, we are on a bad run of PERFORMANCES.  One thing that amazes me about this season is so many people thinking that SOD is making our team play better football.

I've only been to home games but I can't recall a good performance in any of them.  

The normal service is: Parish knocks it 60 yards towards JET.  We lose it.  The opposition run through our midfield and score.  Much the same as McInnes, Millen etc.

Ummm, we are on a bad run of PERFORMANCES. One thing that amazes me about this season is so many people thinking that SOD is making our team play better football.

I've only been to home games but I can't recall a good performance in any of them.

The normal service is: Parish knocks it 60 yards towards JET. We lose it. The opposition run through our midfield and score. Much the same as McInnes, Millen etc.

It's been frustrating that good performance has often only effected 45 mins per game, but we are generally playing better football with a largely new team which is much younger than previous seasons.

At least you go to games, so who am I to tell you how to view our performances.

Ummm, we are on a bad run of PERFORMANCES.  One thing that amazes me about this season is so many people thinking that SOD is making our team play better football.

The normal service is: Parish knocks it 60 yards towards JET.  We lose it.  The opposition run through our midfield and score.  Much the same as McInnes, Millen etc.

Really? I disagree.

Archived