IGNORED

Sod ,sod Off

bcfc1982

I do believe we have improved but many a team has the weight realeased when they get that win,who is gonna come in with no money and make us this great side just like that then you tell me?as always the new manager syndrome would work ala SOD when he came then revert to norm.stick with him and his beliefs and things will turn around

We need a motivator for a start. And we don't have less money than other teams in this division 

I know its shite at the mo but whats the point in keep changing manager.Like it or not SOD knows what he is trying to do,ok he is lucky on our present run that he keeps his job but thankfully our board believe in him and what he is trying to achieve.All the get DEL out last year and we will be ok brigade got what they wanted and things havent exactly been a bed of roses since have they!!Give the guy time the lack of win is so obviously like a lead weight around the players neck when it comes(hopefully very soon!!) im sure things will get better so just get used to the fact our board wont sack him and keep backing like us "happy clappers"who understand what is going on and have patience and see who is right in the long run

Del spent alot of money and released players replacing them with jody morris and stephen pearson we were rock bottom he had 1 and a half seasons never gunna work Odriscolls getting to the same time frame and is in a much worse position no faith  

I'm not taking the Micky but do you understand the FFP constraints?

Which were not close to breaking , just saying we could offer a better financial package than MKdons for robinson if we wanted and a better playing squad in my opinion

you asked for a reason why robinson would join dont want to argue about it as im not even sure he would be the right man not much pedigree

What we need is a good man manager, motivator who is a first class tactician & good with the media. Preferably with a proven track record in the Champions League or La Liga. I hear Alex Ferguson is out of a job at the moment..

Seriously, I think we need to get real here. Financial Fair Play means we just cant splash the cash offering compensation. In any case, who do you think we could realistically get? It's bot like good managers grow on trees. Let's be honest, Gary Johnson is the only manager who has had ANY success at all out of the past 6 or 7 managers. We're bottom of the league, in freefall with a poor squad with overpaid players and fans who have as much patience as a toddler, I can't imagine any decent managers wanting to touch us with a bargepole.

We're clearly in a dreadful situation but 2 examples should prove It's right to give him more time: GJ's losing streak in L1 & Fergie's bad run before the FA cup win in 89. In both cases fans were baying for blood but what would have happened if the sack happened?

SOD is a good manager who can build good teams if given time. Look where Donny & Bournemouth are now. Consistency has been proved time & again to be better than chopping & changing constantly. He hasnt even had a year yet. Give him more time.

Does raise serious questions about the strategic competency of the board however. Bring on supporter ownership.

Who would want to come here that was any good considering we seem to go through a manger every season. Not that I'm against SoD getting the boot if reaults dont start picking up then he will be collecting his p45 but I can't see who we will bring in that will be any good looking at the managers out of work.

http://www.bestofthebets.com/managers

Yes but we were in what is now the championship, not in this god forsaken league we entered with a whimper last april.

And precisely what difference does that make? If a team is on the bottom it doesn't make the slightest difference what league they're in. The manager's neck is still on the block.

Look at the number of managers who've got the boot the season after they've achieved promotion.

Am I the only one who is confused as what to think about SOD?

On one hand I can see what he is doing and I want him to succeed but on the other its becoming a joke how long it is taking to get a win, We seem to be blaming bad luck now, 20 games isn't bad luck, It is becoming painful to watch....  

Feel exactly the same mate, really don't know what to think?!?

And precisely what difference does that make? If a team is on the bottom it doesn't make the slightest difference what league they're in. The manager's neck is still on the block.

Look at the number of managers who've got the boot the season after they've achieved promotion.

What difference does it make ? come on sir it makes a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE. we were happy to accept being bottom with sean odriscoll in the championship as he was new but in league 1..... are you serious

Of course the managers neck would be on the block. If the team is bottom of the league.

Especially if its with a team that has just been relegated to a "weaker" league, and has had quite a bit of time to create his own team.

Its not liek we are somebody like Coventry is it. Who have #### all money.

I'D ACCEPT THAT IF IT MEANT BETTER THINGS IN THE FUTURE...... for Bcfc

There is no guarantee of that but once we reach the bottom we can only go one way.

False promises by the Lansdown family since the "judge me on Tinman " declaration, we are now well on the back burner right next to the New Stadium

i'm glad you've realised that I was beginning to wonder, no matter how great anybody believes SOD to be and whether they buy into his footballing philosophy and laud so called behind the scenes wonders, it will in the end come down to the inevitable W L D stats, because that cannot be argued against and his are appalling, especially when most of our rivals who are in 'transition' seem to be doing ok, too many mistakes and a threadbare squad with 2 passengers.

i'm glad you've realised that I was beginning to wonder, no matter how great anybody believes SOD to be and whether they buy into his footballing philosophy and laud so called behind the scenes wonders, it will in the end come down to the inevitable W L D stats, because that cannot be argued against and his are appalling, especially when most of our rivals who are in 'transition' seem to be doing ok, too many mistakes and a threadbare squad with 2 passengers.

Which 'rivals in transition' would this be?

Jobs a good un odreary, bottom of championship to bottom this sh1te div, not really his fault although he seems as boring as a pile of dogs dung; look to the puppetmaster and the cant be harsed no more.

What difference does it make ? come on sir it makes a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE. we were happy to accept being bottom with sean odriscoll in the championship as he was new but in league 1..... are you serious

You really don't get it, do you? The point is that Dicks, Ferguson, etc. were in process of building new teams after a team had been allowed to get old and complacent. But for a fortunate cup victory, both would undoubtedly have been sacked. Would that have been an improvement?

All very well to ask for SOD's head - but can you be sure that you wouldn't be tearing up the work that he's done. That's what would have happened to those managers without their cup victories.

Some of the suggestions I've seen here are literally farcical - my favourite is Carey and Murray :facepalm:

Although more are taking their heads out of the sand as weeks go by, they do see the sun aint really shinning and put their heads back in the sand in hope next time it will be.

The Boss says he aint for turning maybe he may reconsider that when he sees what league we are in next season and how many season tickets are sold.

Kick them all out and start again at the bottom, cause that's where we are heading anyway.

You really don't get it, do you? The point is that Dicks, Ferguson, etc. were in process of building new teams after a team had been allowed to get old and complacent. But for a fortunate cup victory, both would undoubtedly have been sacked. Would that have been an improvement?

All very well to ask for SOD's head - but can you be sure that you wouldn't be tearing up the work that he's done. That's what would have happened to those managers without their cup victories.

Some of the suggestions I've seen here are literally farcical - my favourite is Carey and Murray :facepalm:

But that hasn't actually happened to us, what has happened is that the present manager and 2 previous managers have progressively taken us backwards, with poor signings, poor tactics and atrocious results.

Although more are taking their heads out of the sand as weeks go by, they do see the sun aint really shinning and put their heads back in the sand in hope next time it will be.

The Boss says he aint for turning maybe he may reconsider that when he sees what league we are in next season and how many season tickets are sold.

Kick them all out and start again at the bottom, cause that's where we are heading anyway.

Are you saying that people who support SO'D and the club have their heads in the sand? The club is ****** in so many ways because of mismanagement in years gone by not because of one sole individual in the last 9 months.

You're talking BS.

Archived