IGNORED

Warnock For Me

Cap flinger

Yea bet he will love to manage a club at the bottom of league 1, especially with the history between the club and colin.

Deluded.

Not at all. He said himself on Sky Sports one day (around the time GJ was appointed from memory) that Bristol City was a club he would absolutely love to manage. I for one would love to see him here one day

Like he did at Sunderland :facepalm:

Di Canio kept Sunderland in the Premiership - the job he was appointed for last season to achieve. One of the problems at City is that the team don't tackle enough and either Di Canio or Warnock would correct that problem immediately. Many on here seem to want to see 4th tier football back at Ashton Gate.

Doubt Warnock would come given our position. We couldn't affor to buy anyone out of a contract, so if the axe did fall on SOD, we'd be looking for an out of work manager. It would have to be someone who is used to working with young players and can work within budget restrictions.

The only names I can think off, off the top of my head are Stuart Pearce and Micky Mellon.

Slim Pickings, and no, he's not a suggestion.

I think that's what some people don't quite get....IF we did get rid of SOD there isn't a lot out there. I for once wouldn't want the likes of Stuart Pearce anywhere near it!

They would still have to work to a budget, within the guidelines of the new 'translation' and with the pillars in mind. As well as another managers side.

Di Canio kept Sunderland in the Premier League - the job he was appointed for last season to achieve. One of the problems at City is that the team don't tackle enough and either Di Canio or Warnock would correct that problem immediately. Many on here seem to want to see 4th tier football back at Ashton Gate.

What a wonderfully stupid piece of logic.  People who disagree with you must want the team to be relegated.  Di Canio did a good job with a shedload of money at Swindon but won't have a shedload of money here.  Di Canio got 3 wins in 13 games at Sunderland and got thrashed 6-1 by relegation rivals.  He was frankly lucky that teams below him were either even more inept or too far behind to catch up.  

Who would you suggest then?

This question really irks me and here is for why.

It is not for fans to suggest the alternatives. The board, during a bad run, should be canvassing opinions amongst the alternatives and seeing who, if they pulled the trigger, would/could be the alternative. We can all say Warnock is loving the easy life, but I blooming hope the board have asked him if that is the case.

Credit where it is due, the board I believe were doing this around Dels departure - hence SOD's v quick appointment. I hope they are doing so now.

My concern is that SOD's men are very entwined in the club - even mr Burt on the board. This flies in the face of the club's strategy and what we were promised.

Ultimately, the point I get at is it matters not who we suggest. The board should be damn certain at this point in time what the options are. If they think an alternative is favourable, twist, if not stick. Problem is, I don't trust them with that decision. At Del's departure for moot sake, I didn't think SOD was worth twisting for, if (for arguments sake) Warnock expressed interest then my answer would have been the opposite.

Whether we are canvassing with our DoF being one of SOD's 'magic numbers' I do wonder.

Doubt Warnock would come given our position. We couldn't affor to buy anyone out of a contract, so if the axe did fall on SOD, we'd be looking for an out of work manager. It would have to be someone who is used to working with young players and can work within budget restrictions.

The only names I can think off, off the top of my head are Stuart Pearce and Micky Mellon.

Slim Pickings, and no, he's not a suggestion.

What about his son, Easy.

We should go for Slim's brother Rich. He brings a lot more to the table. 

Di Canio kept Sunderland in the Premier League - the job he was appointed for last season to achieve. One of the problems at City is that the team don't tackle enough and either Di Canio or Warnock would correct that problem immediately. Many on here seem to want to see 4th tier football back at Ashton Gate.

And the award for stupidest post of the year goes to...

...RED GOBLIN!!!

1. Warnock has said he doesn't want to manage again.

2. Warnock doesn't especially like the club.

3. Warnock would demand huge wages.

4. There's no logical reason to think Warnock is interested in a League One job.

5. Even if there is a need for managerial changes, the last thing we need is someone who'll tear up the structure of the club once again and instill yet another new regime and style of football in place.  We need to find a philosophy and stick to it.

6. Warnock's last two seasons in football were pretty unsuccessful.  Why do we think he's suddenly going to get his mojo back?

7. The clamour for Warnock seems solely based on the fact that he's got a good reputation.  So did Coppell and O'Driscoll.  On any closer analysis, he'd be a poor fit for the club.  It's not just as simple as being all Football Manager and thinking getting in a manager with a good reputation will automatically work well with any club, even if his style of football, style of management, preferred budget to work on etc. are all at odds with the club.

You could of easily stopped after number one.

Archived