IGNORED

Warnock For Me

Cap flinger

If SOD was to leave. Not what I want by the way!

For me, I'd love Nigel Clough down the gate. He's available, young, looking to prove himself and also would fit in nicely for a long transition period as he did with Derby on a tight budget.

For now though, I'm right behind Sean.

Realistic suggestions

Dean Smith Wallsall, Justin Edinburgh Newport

Both built young teams with zero cash and both clubs on the up and doing ok despite financial limitations

- Newport especially seem to have a fighting spirit, and will to win that has seen them punching well above their weight .

- Wallsall have developed several young players who have been sold on but they remain a competitive L1 side despite

lacking many of the resources that would be available to Smith if he came here (Cat 2 Acadamy, Excellent training facillities,

decent support.)

CR

If SOD was to leave. Not what I want by the way!

For me, I'd love Nigel Clough down the gate. He's available, young, looking to prove himself and also would fit in nicely for a long transition period as he did with Derby on a tight budget.

For now though, I'm right behind Sean.

I have to ask, WHY?

Personally, and after chatting to a few Brentford fans on another forum, I reckon Uwe Rosler is a great shout. The fans up there seem to want him gone, he knows this league, plays decent football, is in BS3 on Tuesday and is ambitious.

Warnock won't manage again IMHO but I like the cut of Rosler's gib TBH.

Realistic suggestions

Dean Smith Wallsall, Justin Edinburgh Newport

Both built young teams with zero cash and both clubs on the up and doing ok despite financial limitations

- Newport especially seem to have a fighting spirit, and will to win that has seen them punching well above their weight .

- Wallsall have developed several young players who have been sold on but they remain a competitive L1 side despite

lacking many of the resources that would be available to Smith if he came here (Cat 2 Acadamy, Excellent training facillities,

decent support.)

CR

Sensible suggestions. You could add Paul Tisdale to the list. I don't believe Warnock is unrealistic and I'd love to see him at The Gate.

Fine, up to you, but I wonder how many have stopped going to the Gate since SO'D arrived?

Not since he arrived but I have stopped (for the first time in 38 years) since he slagged our supporters off!

I don't miss many games generally and have had a ST since 1975 but have stayed away since then (apart from Swindon away). I was extremely angry when he criticised the lifeblood of this club (ie us) and would want the idiot sacked for that even if we were top. The fact he is absolutely useless as our Manager is just another reason I would want him to bugger off up the M5 permanently!

Bringing in Colin or Rosler absolutely no chance, if a change was to be made it would most likely be internal, probably the Spanish guy who is now in charge of the Under 18's.

Carlos Anton? A very junior coach, nowhere near capable of running a league 1 side, where the hell did you get that idea?

In fact I've heard he has actually left the club already, notwithstanding JL's mention of him in the email this week. I may be wrong though.

I have to ask, WHY?

Personally, and after chatting to a few Brentford fans on another forum, I reckon Uwe Rosler is a great shout. The fans up there seem to want him gone, he knows this league, plays decent football, is in BS3 on Tuesday and is ambitious.

Warnock won't manage again IMHO but I like the cut of Rosler's gib TBH.

Fair question.

First and foremost, I wasn't expecting a great season anyway. Lower to mid table would be a decent effort and I still think we will achieve that easily come May! I still think Sean will turn this around. He's a good coach who has been around a long time now, he is no mug by any means and I just wish the fans stick by him. I totally understand everybody's frustration but we have to go through the pain to see the gain.

Fair question.

First and foremost, I wasn't expecting a great season anyway. Lower to mid table would be a decent effort and I still think we will achieve that easily come May! I still think Sean will turn this around. He's a good coach who has been around a long time now, he is no mug by any means and I just wish the fans stick by him. I totally understand everybody's frustration but we have to go through the pain to see the gain.

Thanks for replying and I respect your opinion.

I admire the optimism but see no reason to justify it. With our current form, I see absolutely no reason why SOD will turn it round at all but that is just my opinion. He has had the backing (in L1) regardless of what he says and has signed his own players yet we still can't win.

while, I hope you're right and he can turn it around, I don't think he can and see no reason to change that opinion. IMHO all the facts point to abject failiure in all honesty.

Not since he arrived but I have stopped (for the first time in 38 years) since he slagged our supporters off!

I don't miss many games generally and have had a ST since 1975 but have stayed away since then (apart from Swindon away). I was extremely angry when he criticised the lifeblood of this club (ie us) and would want the idiot sacked for that even if we were top. The fact he is absolutely useless as our Manager is just another reason I would want him to bugger off up the M5 permanently!

Sorry to hear that ciderup, his comments obviously pissed you off like many others, but surely supporting the club comes before really disliking the manager? *

Those who say they will no longer attend if City were to appoint Warnock (or any other manager they personally dislike) are absolutely entitled to their position  and would no doubt stick to their priciples by not coming. But the club would no doubt have to factor the loss of perhaps a few hundred against the thousands of fans who have become disenchanted under SO'D ( and the many who continue to become so) who may return if that new man brought some success and pride back to the club.

* Obviously apart from the appointment of Hollowhead or Pulis, when you wouldn't see me for dust!

Sorry to hear that ciderup, his comments obviously pissed you off like many others, but surely supporting the club comes before really disliking the manager? *

I know where you are coming from Noggers but at the Swindon game my dislike of the useless Brummie nearly meant fisticuffs with a fellow red and I'm too bleeding old for that crap.

While SOD is still around, my games will be limited and it appears I'm not alone.

Totally agree wih the sentiment normally but having a ruck over a manager isn't on my agenda but sticking by my view is WTGR.

For what its worth, Id like SOD to stay, too much has been put in place to bottle it now by getting rid of him.

However the next guy Id like to manage us would be Di Matteo.

Fair. I'd like Jurgen Klopp.

I know where you are coming from Noggers but at the Swindon game my dislike of the useless Brummie nearly meant fisticuffs with a fellow red and I'm too bleeding old for that crap.

While SOD is still around, my games will be limited and it appears I'm not alone.

Totally agree wih the sentiment normally but having a ruck over a manager isn't on my agenda but sticking by my view is WTGR.

Sounds like you're right to a point, although relegation will no doubt have played a part - not just City going down but the shameful capitulation under SO'D. I seem to remember you're in the same block as me and I can vouch there's hardly any of last season's regulars left in lower doman block H, whereas before there were several rows full of passionate fans who were part of the furniture there for many years.

It's not just down to relegation imo, the passion has been knocked out of them by years of  frustration and, rightly or wrongly, no confidence whatsoever in things improving under SO'D.

The sad sight of lines of empty seats tell their own story of what the fans really feel far more eloquently than anything anyone ( even Mr. Eloquence himself, Jordan Tansley) could write on here.

I hope that he has heard something...

...I WOULD be surprised though...

Well he's either come in late from the pub and mischievously posted a load of b*******, or he's genuinely ITK and has posted something he's heard but has been told to keep to himself.

Either way I doubt he'll post again tonight.....

1. Warnock has said he doesn't want to manage again.

2. Warnock doesn't especially like the club.

3. Warnock would demand huge wages.

4. There's no logical reason to think Warnock is interested in a League One job.

5. Even if there is a need for managerial changes, the last thing we need is someone who'll tear up the structure of the club once again and instill yet another new regime and style of football in place.  We need to find a philosophy and stick to it.

6. Warnock's last two seasons in football were pretty unsuccessful.  Why do we think he's suddenly going to get his mojo back?

7. The clamour for Warnock seems solely based on the fact that he's got a good reputation.  So did Coppell and O'Driscoll.  On any closer analysis, he'd be a poor fit for the club.  It's not just as simple as being all Football Manager and thinking getting in a manager with a good reputation will automatically work well with any club, even if his style of football, style of management, preferred budget to work on etc. are all at odds with the club.

I agree with this fully and have to add Warnock is a moaner and it would only be a matter of time if we continued to do badly before people would start complaining that all he does is moan and make excuses. One of our key problems is no matter who is in charge our fans moan about them, even when GJ was in charge there were still moaners.

I'm not sure if SOD can make the changes needed to this club quickly enough to stop us falling further behind, recent results don't look great to say the least but if the club is truly going to stick to not over spending, keeping young players instead of experienced players and reducing outgoings then replacing SOD isn't going to help us as we'll not only need a manager but someone who has a philosophy in remoulding a club. Managers are easy to come by, managers who control the club as a whole are not.

Archived