IGNORED

Sod - Bbc Radio - Stupid Question

Tomo

Not a great question I agree - but that's the press for you.

The answer on the other hand was totally clueless. He must know how let down and disappointed the supporters are feeling, it was his opportunity to try to say the right things, give just a little hope that all is not lost, help us believe that this is all part of the grand transition plan and one shot on target at home is a positive that we can build on. 

Fair play to him it was a stupid question, I'd rAther him not answer it then feed us a load of bullsh!t

Well he talked a load of bullshit throughout the rest of he interview - he must have been at a completely different game to me and my mates? The bloke has lost it - he is ******* deluded , arrogant and clueless. The sooner he goes the better

Yeah we can go backward and forward about whether it was a stupid question/response...I just hope he can channel that anger into the team for Saturday...

We cant dominate games without getting a shot off, we'll never score.

Cutting edge has become the biggest problem. We cant get our nose in front and dont have the sufficient guile to come from behind.

Changes will need to be made to  make us a little more direct and a bit tougher.

Harewood or Taylor will almost certainly start on Saturday. On top of that Elliott to start in the middle with Pack dropping Reid (who has done nothing wrong but as has been said is not up to Tuesday and saturday) with Bryan back on the outside of midfield...

The back four...Is hard as we dont seem to have anyone that is stand out above anyone else.

Unfortunately for SoD his interview was directly after John Ward's, he's in a similar situation but his interview style and content was so different.

As for the person in the background asking him to answer, maybe other journalists?

Unfortunately for SoD his interview was directly after John Ward's, he's in a similar situation but his interview style and content was so different.

As for the person in the background asking him to answer, maybe other journalists?

That wasn't lost on me. Ward said all the right things, SOD sounded like a stroppy little child and it was uncomfortable listening.

If you put yourself in a well paid job - you have to have answers and Mr OD walked away like a little sorry man who knows he is not adopting his own "words"

He is not doing the RIGHT THINGS AT THE RIGHT TIME, HIS PROCESSES ARE NOT WORKING AND HIS BEHAVIOUR TONIGHT is simply juvenile ! 

Off you go Sean - go back to Bournemouth when the job becomes available - I am sorry to sound harsh but that is the way it is...

However - the board have alot to blame as well. Transition ? FFS - one step at a time surely. We have no leaders and you expect to survive on pure youth in professional football - get a grip and if your hobby is boring you Mr Lansdown and you really care about our club, speak to other professionals who may buy you out. You are bored, we are bored, SOD is bored of his behaviours and the players are not doing the RIGHT THINGS at the RIGHT TIME ! :laugh:

Would any of us want to face the media after another home loss?

I wouldn't,the bloke must be gutted.

He's giving his all, and at the moment it isn't good enough.

I would have stuck the microphone up the reporters arse if he asked me if I had the fight.

It comes with the job.

And why would you? It's a perfectly valid question given his dour demeanour. I don't care how grumpy he is if we get results. But when you act like you have all the personality and enthusiasm of a boiled swede, it's perfectly fair to ask if he has the desire to go through another relegation scrap.

I heard John Wards interview and to me it sounded like he was at the stage of pleading for his job.

To me it sounded like he was nearly creeping to the interviewer.

That's just the way it came across to me.

SOD is a completely different character, and won't take shit from the media.

He would also know that unlike Ward, he will get another job elsewhere if he's sacked.

That wasn't lost on me. Ward said all the right things, SOD sounded like a stroppy little child and it was uncomfortable listening.

Nearly, but not quite. He said his players have tomorrow off and they'll be back on the training ground on Thursday.

Why??

I'd have the ***** back in tomorrow, and that goes for our lot 'n all.

I would have stuck the microphone up the reporters arse if he asked me if I had the fight.

Me too (but I wouldn;t use the microphone again!)

So by not doing this (or something equally dramatic) he has clearly demonstrated he ain't a fighter.

Tactician - yes

Philosopher - yes

Boring - yes

Grumpy b*stard - yes

Fighter - No, definitely not.

I heard John Wards interview and to me it sounded like he was at the stage of pleading for his job.

To me it sounded like he was nearly creeping to the interviewer.

That's just the way it came across to me.

SOD is a completely different character, and won't take shit from the media.

He would also know that unlike Ward, he will get another job elsewhere if he's sacked.

You know what they say, you keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

And I would think SoD's CV isn't looking too glowing at the moment.

• Admin

Part of his job

I have no sympathy with his situation

If you don't like the heat

Yes he must it's part of his job, he is going to need every part of the media on his side to save his job, it was embarrassing almost as bad JL's ramble this morning.

The impression I get is that he will do it his way or not at all.

If that means walking out of interviews he's content to do it.

He obviously wants to succeed here, but he has such a good reputation in football that he will get another job if he's sacked.

He won't change, whether we like it or not!

I didn't hear Ward's interview but he's always been a charmer with the media.

The more I hear from him the more I think it's mostly just empty blather, but he gets away with it because it's always said in a very convivial way.

But even he lost his rag with a RB interviewer a couple of weeks ago didn't he, saying it was none of his business or similar?

The impression I get is that he will do it his way or not at all.

If that means walking out of interviews he's content to do it.

He obviously wants to succeed here, but he has such a good reputation in football that he will get another job if he's sacked.

He won't change, whether we like it or not!

Maybe so but it's not good enough, SOD's record over the past 4 years has been appalling, I doubt whether he will ever get a job as big as this and bearing in mind we were a step down from Forest.

Was pathetic from the BBC Reporter.

He'd given a number of sensible replies to his questions and went into detail with them.

Then asked a stupid headline grabbing question - pathetic from Radio Bristol, Adam Baker in the background also told him that it was a stupid question at which point SoD walked off as he's got more important things to do than deal with idiots in the media.

Hopefully that reporter will be banned from media duties at Ashton Gate for the future.

Archived