IGNORED

Sod - Bbc Radio - Stupid Question

Tomo

That was more painful to watch than just listening to it last night. From his body language I can't decide if he is uncomfortable as he is under a lot of pressure or just plain irritated that he has to explain himself at all throughout the interview. The interviewer does try to give him positive signals, nodding his head etc but SoD wouldn't even look him in the eyes. Very unnerving.

SOD never looks anyone in the eye, he always is looking down and away from the person talking to him.  I don't like that in a person one bit, makes them look shifty or just not interested, he is the same when talking to anyone, not just the press.

That said I do like the answers he gives.  And i quite like the fact he has p155ed off the press boys (probably done himself no favours) but having worked with a lot of presenters and interviewers in the past, they are all too eager to hide behind i am just doing my job when questioned.

SOD never looks anyone in the eye, he always is looking down and away from the person talking to him.  I don't like that in a person one bit, makes them look shifty or just not interested, he is the same when talking to anyone, not just the press.

That said I do like the answers he gives.  And i quite like the fact he has p155ed off the press boys (probably done himself no favours) but having worked with a lot of presenters and interviewers in the past, they are all too eager to hide behind i am just doing my job when questioned.

Having sat in the same room as him at FGR, and observed him talking with fellow acquaintances regarding footballing matters I couldn't disagree more. He gives time and effort to many people and will willingly talk football and is animated, give's eye contact and is quiet charming.

He just doesn't like microphones and cameras stuck in his face... and doesn't suffer fools gladly that's all.

Disagree with no eye contact.

Almost looks like he wasn't aware he was being visually recorded and was trying to wave off the interview near the end. Whether he thought that was "City Player" doing the visual recording I don't know. We've got a real situation on our hands and important decisions ahead.

Nice to still be in a mess!

Maybe he was just ready to blow and the jurno was just the one that copped it. If he had held it together then seconds later the tea lady might have got waved away in a similar fashion. He didn't look like he had been screaming at the players so he had built up some steam and having to do a press conference was the straw that broke the camels back.

It was quite Partridge-esque, that waving the arms thing. I think I'd find it hilarious if he was someone else's manager!

Petulant, made himself look like a tit, but the question posed by the interviewer was a pointless one. O'Driscoll should have just said 'yes, of course' and had done with it.

Actually, on second thoughts, I'm done with sulking about how crap we are, that WAS funny. Cheers SO'D!  :sad26:

I very much doubt he would look back at the hand waving and be overly proud of himself, but surely we have all done things when we're angry/disappointed/upset, as he clearly is, that we wouldn't like to be reminded of.

As for the question, it is stupid and O'Driscoll had every right to tell him it was stupid. Reminds me of Mick McCarthy a few years ago when he was asked 'It must be disappointing to concede an equaliser in the last minute?'. I mean that and the question SO'D was asked last night, what is the point? McCarthy at that stage went for 'no I'm over the moon'.

Somebody earlier in the thread compared him to John Ward. Now I can't say I've heard Ward's interview, but I expect he was his usual 'nice guy' self failing to actually give any answers of note. Does that make Rovers anymore likely to win on Saturday than us? I would suggest it doesn't, so therefore does any of it really matter.

Anyway, if SO'D really is being criticised for being an irritable bastard just after yet another defeat, it is fortunate that I'm not a manager.

I thought it was the perfect ending to the night's entertainment to be honest...

On a more serious note some people making it a personal issue saying 'he shouldn't have done that blah blah blah' might want to reconsider.

He is an employee under massive pressure to perform with very high (and unrealistic) expectations.

Most of the posters (including myself) would have cracked weeks, if not months ago.

Strange how some want Neil Warnock (watch his interviews post match..) for his errrrrr 'passion' yet when SOD shows DOES care (albeit with some weird head nodding) he is cast as a villain / idiot.

It WAS a stupid question that SOD answered in a stupid manner with some stupid dance moves condemned by some stupid fans. So say i, the stupid poster.

Archived