IGNORED

Sod - Bbc Radio - Stupid Question

Tomo

Maybe so but it's not good enough, SOD's record over the past 4 years has been appalling, I doubt whether he will ever get a job as big as this and bearing in mind we were a step down from Forest.

I agree it's not good enough,I just don't know where we go from here.

How long do we have a long term plan!

• Admin

Like it or not, dealing with the media is part of a Managers job, a fairly important part, as he can use it to portray what he wants, if he's savvy. If a Manager finds it difficult to communicate his philosophy and ideas to the media, would he be able to do it effectively to a group of young men?

Unless I've missed it, nobody's mentioned that the interviewer began by asking something like "how long can this continue?" which basically meant "how long until you're sacked?" SOD dealt with that one by saying other people needed to answer it. SOD's grumpiness at the end of the interview may have been influenced by that beginning.

The question at the end wasn't stupid: it was moronic. What did the idiot interviewer expect a manager in SOD's position to say 20 minutes after seeing his team lose - again?

If more people reacted to the mindless media that way they might do their jobs a bit better.

Unless I've missed it, nobody's mentioned that the interviewer began by asking something like "how long can this continue?" which basically meant "how long until you're sacked?" SOD dealt with that one by saying other people needed to answer that. SOD's grumpiness at the end of the interview may have been influenced by that beginning.

The question at the end wasn't stupid: it was moronic. What did the idiot interviewer expect a manager in SOD's position to say 20 minutes after seeing his team lose - again?

If more people reacted to the mindless media that way they might do their jobs a bit better.

Sadly that is a very naive view, managers these days would certainly not get away with reacting to sky reporters like SOD did tonight, he who pays the piper calls the tune.

Sadly that is a very naive view, managers these days would certainly not get away with reacting to sky reporters like SOD did tonight, he who pays the piper calls the tune.

If the club's finances are dependent on the contribution we get from Radio Bristol then we really are in trouble.

He has to say yes - "we are all up for the fight...the team, the manager, the board" - he walked off like a big kid, which also ties in with Lansdown (junior) who sounded like a very weak figure on this mornings Radio Briz!

We are in a mess !

Think you're in a mess.

Of course it was a stupid question.

I find it amusing and am with him on his reaction. Why continue with a dumbed down conversation after a torrid result?

Someone had to start a topic on this and well done on taking a dim witted approach mucker. Seems you've got some serious hate going on.

I agree it's not good enough,I just don't know where we go from here.

How long do we have a long term plan!

The good thing about a long term plan is that nobody can ever decipher exactly how LONG a plan it will be, until the day everything falls into place and clicks. Its a good thing for a struggling manager to have a long term plan so we can be be strung along until the board finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. If he had a short term plan, he would be on his merry way already. Smart things these long term plans!!

Oh and if he finally does ever get the sack, he can trot out the old " i believe that long term plan was just about to come to fruition as well, oh well your loss"

Think you're in a mess.

Of course it was a stupid question.

I find it amusing and am with him on his reaction. Why continue with a dumbed down conversation after a torrid result?

Someone had to start a topic on this and well done on taking a dim witted approach mucker. Seems you've got some serious hate going on.

Really?...it is your choice with regards to your opinions and what you do and dont believe in...whilst it is my decision to voice my frustration and opinion of the manager and board of our football club - get over my passion m8 and have a scrumpy scumpy - are you in a mess ?

As he is uncomfortable answering questions he could tell his chosen team captain to speak to the media. If the captain had to account for the performance when off the pitch it might inspire him to be a bit better on it

How? Should he grow a foot taller to field the aimless punts forward?

I didn't think it was a stupid question at all.  It was a perfectly reasonable question, given the way the interview had gone.  All O'Driscoll had to do was answer it, and I certainly wanted to hear his answer.  Part of the manager's job is to give confidence to the fans, and he singularly failed to do that.  I thought his behaviour was a disgrace,

It was a stupid question and he was right to walk away,remember Sir Alex Ferguson refused to do any interviews with the beeb after being asked a stupid question.

SAF stopped granting the BBC interviews after they did a Panorama about his son (?) being an allegedly corrupt agent or something like that?

The ironic thing is that he wanted to bat the question away (however stupid) by not answering it and by doing so he has drawn more attention. He really needs the media on his side at the moment, like I said friends and enemies.

Archived