IGNORED

Best Away Performance You've Seen At The Gate

Major Isewater

swansea in their pormotion year, it was one of the most complete footballing performances I have saw and it wasn't that we played bad, it was their movement and pace at which they attacked

Real Mallorca, pre season friendly about 12-15 years ago. 

A young Samuel Eto'o made mince meat out of poor Louis.  Finished 5-0 I believe.

Or

1-0 up at HT v Wolves, 98-99 season.

Full time 1-6.  David Connolly bagged 4 as a sub.  That really was a second half bumming, on the back of a 5-0 thrashing at a Peter Beagrie inspired Bradford.

Good old Benny.  Never got through many caps, that chap.

I think we lost that 5-2 or 5-3 with lee peacock ether getting two or a hattrick

Stan collymore tore us a new one .... never mind the rest of the forest team.

That was my birthday, cheers for the present Stan.

Took my wife for only her 2nd City game:  the her 1st one was the 1-4 defeat at the City Ground in the Cup.  I sensed a pattern developing.

We were sat in the East End, and I recall ThatBlokeBehindMan moaning "that Collymore's shite, he only scores tap-ins."  Spot on pal.

Yes Swansea and Britton that night remember It....just about.

Also remember a league Cup tie at home to Newcastle where Ginola and co. played us off the park and beat us 5-0, anyone remember that?

I do recall the Newcastle game:  it was my last match before I left the country.  Seem to recall the Newcastle players encouraging the ref to not send off our keeper since we were already getting battered.

Remember Lua Lua tearing us apart for Colchester (was it ? ) and receiving a standing ovation at the end. Also remember Collymore for Forest and Sno for Ajax.

Was Colchester who I think still went down that season. Lua Lua came on as well from the bench didn't he? Certain he was sub for Colchesters weekend match after - even after that performance...

Remember the Newcastle defeat as well, and in the second half Newcastle even stopped playing at times feeling sorry for us, that seriously could have been double figures that night if they wanted it to be.

Remember Milwall giving us a spanking many moons ago when they had Sheringham and Cascarino up front.

Wasn't that around 1988? I was only young at the time but I can still remember walking along North Street by the Paragon with my mum and being able to hear their 'No one likes us' song from the ground.

Wasn't that around 1988? I was only young at the time but I can still remember walking along North Street by the Paragon with my mum and being able to hear their 'No one likes us' song from the ground.

About then yeah. 25 years ago, time flies!

seems that Forest like playing us,the match i was thinking of featured Shilton,Gemmill,Robertson and Francis,The old First Division,Collymore was still in shorts.

Was that the game Archie Gemmell scored a freekick in front of the East End? Was only about 9 or 10 but I can still remember that freekick.

Didnt see Swansea.

92 West Ham 1-5

94/95ish Wolves 1-5

99? Fulham 0-4 on their rise through the divisions to the Prem.

One of those three for me but Im sure I also remember Wigan beating us at the Gate 1-0 (i think) in a pretty one sided match in 2003.

never lost 4 0 to Fulham or played em that season

did lose 5-1 at home to em about 88

port vale 87 ron futcher a player we tried to sign ran the show

Bournemouth 2006 totally outclassed by a sod side 

Swansea 2012 say no more

always hold me hand up and doff me cap to any side (bar gas) that plays well and beats us in a league game

notable others include real Mallorca, Peterborough one night game with jimmy bullard, west ham always seem to look good, forest collymore game

City lost 0-1 to Arsenal in the (relegation) season of 79/80.  City were not poor or particularly outplayed that day and, being early in the season, were going reasonably well and thoughts of relegation were not on the agenda at the time.  The difference was the most complete one man show I have ever seen at AG (certainly considering the fact that this was the top flight) by Liam Brady.  Top player, got a brilliant sporting reception from the crowd at the end, despite the defeat.

swansea in their pormotion year, it was one of the most complete footballing performances I have saw and it wasn't that we played bad, it was their movement and pace at which they attacked

I think we lost that 5-2 or 5-3 with lee peacock ether getting two or a hattrick

6-2 I believe it was, Mallorca and yeah Eto'o AND their manager at time I believe was Spain's future winning Euros manager. It was about 6-0 HT to Mallorca, ridiculous!

They spanked us!! Did Sheringham get a first half hat trick?

Best I've seen was Doncaster .

Archived