IGNORED

Players Cars

Redstoke

As i have switched stands this season my new pre match route takes me round the back of the atyeo and past the procession of supercars owned by the players,now if we were winning then it probably wouldnt get on my tits as much as it does,but does anyone else walk past these flash motors with the personal plates and think that they are just taking the piss out of us all and couldnt give a toss? Surprised no ones vandalised them yet to be honest. Jon Lansdown or that dawe bloke or (whoever) has a say in things at the moment should make these losers park on the bloody side streets like the rest of us.

know what your saying and appreciate that they earn a good wedge,but at the moment with the way people are feeling it may be good management from above to say to the players,maybe you shouldnt be showing off the rewards of what you do(or do not do) in peoples faces,as its perfectly clear to everyone that the majority of them dont deserve to be representing the club so stop putting it in my face every time i walk into the ground.

Agreed, but still a very good decent wage that most people who live in the real world and work for a living would love to earn and still a shameful amount compared to say a paramedic who might do something useful like save your life.

in fact I read a quote on here recently saying some of the younger players only earn 1k per week, how do they manage?.

A paramedic can earn their bunce until they are 65.

1) They are not supercars, that is a huge over exaggeration 

2) None of them have Audi R8s or Bentley Continentals (Maynard did!) - that is something to moan about

3) I'm sure many of the cars are leased 

4) Harry is completely right, most of our players earn, for a footballer, a fair wage (they, after all, need to earn a living too, and their career spans are a lot shorter than 99% of everyone else's) 

Agreed, but still a very good decent wage that most people who live in the real world and work for a living would love to earn and still a shameful amount compared to say a paramedic who might do something useful like save your life.

in fact I read a quote on here recently saying some of the younger players only earn 1k per week, how do they manage?.

But that isn't a comparator Es.

Paramedics, nurses, firemen, police, teachers etc are state funded.

Footballers are in a totally different industry.  Some of the guys I watched play today, I earn more than.  There are probably a fair percentage of fans today who are earning as much as a good number of our players.  For the first time in a long time, parity is returning (at this level).

It's a life choice.  If you want to work in the NHS, understand that you are state funded and will earn in relation to this.  If you want to work in oil, understand that you are in a free market industry and you'll earn above average wages.  If you are lucky enough to play football for a living, you will generally earn above the average wage.

Oh, and lets not kid ourselves that "We pay your wages".  We contribute about 25% of the club turnover.

A paramedic can earn their bunce until they are 65.

Good point well made, but can I add to the mix about players who actually earn enough to buy a house at the end of every week and then think that smoking is a pleasure that might not perhaps lessen their already short careers, I know that is at the mega end of the wage structure but most likely an indication that when earning that much money there comes a point where the career is less important.

1) They are not supercars, that is a huge over exaggeration 

2) None of them have Audi R8s or Bentley Continentals (Maynard did!) - that is something to moan about

3) I'm sure many of the cars are leased 

4) Harry is completely right, most of our players earn, for a footballer, a fair wage (they, after all, need to earn a living too, and their career spans are a lot shorter than 99% of everyone else's)

good evening aden flint,sorry i didnt mean to offend you by calling your motor a supercar,just that to me and the vast majority of people who attend i thought that was the term,sorry i dont know much i drive a vauxhall vectra.

It still amazes me how people lack any understanding of business. Footballers are paid a high wage because as an industry it generates a hell of a lot of money. As with every business a heavy chunk of profit is going to filter down to the staff. As taxes provide the wage for paramedics, as a society we cannot (unfortunately) pay them thousands of pounds per week. It's common sense. 

It still amazes me how people lack any understanding of business. Footballers are paid a high wage because as an industry it generates a hell of a lot of money. As with every business a heavy chunk of profit is going to filter down to the staff. As taxes provide the wage for paramedics, as a society we cannot (unfortunately) pay them thousands of pounds per week. It's common sense. 

I realise profit isn't a dirty word, but how many clubs at our level actually make a profit? The football industry doesn't make enough money at our level to warrant paying players thousands of pounds per week. This isn't the premier league, should our players be able to afford premier league cars? 

Archived