IGNORED

Players Cars

Redstoke

Because it's utterly wrong that they should have cars.

When we start winning again it'll be ok though.

I've noticed that some of the players even wear shoes when they're not playing. How wrong is that?

Ok, I obviously didn't understand the severity of the problem. Shoes indeed, whatever next !!

I suppose they use toilet paper as well and not the Bristol Post like the rest of us plebs.

Ok, I obviously didn't understand the severity of the problem. Shoes indeed, whatever next !!

I suppose they use toilet paper as well and not the Bristol Post like the rest of us plebs.

They're only allowed toilet paper when we're performing well and are high up the league. I'm not  sure they're even allowed The Post at other times. Nor should they be, the useless cretins.

Are you serious that some plank asked this question ? What on earth has it got to do with the fans ?

I can't remeber exactly what was said it was a while ago but I think the question was something like the fans and the players have never been so far apart there is no conection between us and them etc etc etc and then the cars got brought up in the disscusion.

It still amazes me how people lack any understanding of business. Footballers are paid a high wage because as an industry it generates a hell of a lot of money. As with every business a heavy chunk of profit is going to filter down to the staff. As taxes provide the wage for paramedics, as a society we cannot (unfortunately) pay them thousands of pounds per week. It's common sense. 

I wouldn't mind betting knowing exactly how greedy many top  footballers are that their are more than a few in 'tax avoidance' schemes, so perhaps if they and others were stopped from investing in such schemes, we could pay these public servants a few more crumbs, perhaps?.

Kinnel... this thread is hilarious... seriously?

Professional footballers are seen as good advertising fodder by Car manufacturers.

They give footballers better deals to drive their cars, as they see it as good advertising.

I know an Agent who deals with mainly Premier League players, who is given luxury cars to drive ( Audi R8 that sort of thing ) by a dealer, as the dealership knows he is meeting footballers all the time. He then gets a slice of the 'action' if he persuades a footballer to buy or lease one from them. Everyone wants a slice of the 'footballing cake'.

Jealousy is so unattractive

Jealousy?, perhaps you could call it that if this thread was started when we actually had a team competing in a very strong championship and not offering terms of surrender in a piss poor 1st division.

I wouldn't mind betting knowing exactly how greedy many top  footballers are that their are more than a few in 'tax avoidance' schemes, so perhaps if they and others were stopped from investing in such schemes, we could pay these public servants a few more crumbs, perhaps?.

That these tax schemes exist is a sham Esmond, I whole-heartedly agree. I did think the public mauling of well paid personas such as Jimmy Carr for legally pursuing these was slightly missing of the point though. He simply took advantage of a scheme that probably should not exist. Morally inexcusable perhaps, but technically he did nothing wrong. 

That footballers are greedy is irrelevant. The same could be said of movie stars, Formula 1 drivers and NBA players. The industries they are all involved with make lots of money and so their employees are paid lots of money. 

I earn more than most of the players now. We don't pay them astronomical amounts.

Though they do sh#t all over what I earned at 21.....

Their cars seem ok.

As an example in our company, sales guys aged 24/25 are leased Audi A4s brand new.

It's fair enough.

I think Jon Lansdown should have a better car than that though.

That these tax schemes exist is a sham Esmond, I whole-heartedly agree. I did think the public mauling of well paid personas such as Jimmy Carr for legally pursuing these was slightly missing of the point though. He simply took advantage of a scheme that probably should not exist. Morally inexcusable perhaps, but technically he did nothing wrong. 

That footballers are greedy is irrelevant. The same could be said of movie stars, Formula 1 drivers and NBA players. The industries they are all involved with make lots of money and so their employees are paid lots of money. 

indeed but I have to say the way Jimmy Carr responded to the flak he took, career wise probably did him more good than bad in the long run and at least most UK F1 drivers have the good grace to be resident outside of the UK ala Uncle Stve L.

Jealousy?, perhaps you could call it that if this thread was started when we actually had a team competing in a very strong championship and not offering terms of surrender in a piss poor 1st division.

Kinnel... go up the pub for a pint and some Sunday lunch and find this thread still going when I get back...

Think about it mate... it's the fans and people watching, and paying Sky subscriptions who are the idiots and lemmings putting the money into the pockets of footballers. If you don't like it, don't watch...simples. Moaning about everything is friggin negative and comes across as jealous.

Don't blame the players...don't blame the manager... blame the idiots running the Club who have made mistake after mistake...hence why we are bottom of league 1. This position is a reflection of what has gone on for the last 6 years or more.

Everyone blames the players...whoever they are...everyone blames the manager...whoever they are... the constant is they all fail at this Club....Who's running the friggin joint...who's the lemmings putting their hard earned into supporting it...?

Stop moaning about friggin cars and what other people have got...and start thinking about the real situation.

I can't remeber exactly what was said it was a while ago but I think the question was something like the fans and the players have never been so far apart there is no conection between us and them etc etc etc and then the cars got brought up in the disscusion.

A bloody mazing!!!

They have nice houses, wear nice clothes and shop in Waitrose too.  What a disgrace.

Some people really need to look at themselves raising that as an issue.

Because it's utterly wrong that they should have cars.

When we start winning again it'll be ok though.

I've noticed that some of the players even wear shoes when they're not playing. How wrong is that?

Your right!

I heard a rumor that a few have even a bed to sleep in, yes a real bed!

What a disgrace.

A bloody mazing!!!

They have nice houses, wear nice clothes and shop in Waitrose too.  What a disgrace.

Some people really need to look at themselves raising that as an issue.

Put your name forward and sign up then you can bring up what you want to talk about they're all pretty open and answer everything that is asked.

Put your name forward and sign up then you can bring up what you want to talk about they're all pretty open and answer everything that is asked.

Gotta be honest if that's the standard of topic raised then I don't think there'd be enough paracetamol in the world to cope with the wall banging induced headaches that would follow if I attended one of those meetings.  I mean, jeez....what was the expected answer if they weren't leased?  An apology?  Craziness!  (not a dig at you bcfcbs20 - i appreciate you were just telling us what happened)

Maybe the players need to just be cleverer with the way they deliberately and callously rub our faces in it with the money they earn and buy themselves another car, this time a clapped out runaround, that they can drive into the ground when they're performing like they are.  They'll be splashing more cash to do it, but most of our fans will just be too stupid to realise it!

Gotta be honest if that's the standard of topic raised then I don't think there'd be enough paracetamol in the world to cope with the wall banging induced headaches that would follow if I attended one of those meetings.  I mean, jeez....what was the expected answer if they weren't leased?  An apology?  Craziness!  (not a dig at you bcfcbs20 - i appreciate you were just telling us what happened)

Maybe the players need to just be cleverer with the way they deliberately and callously rub our faces in it with the money they earn and buy themselves another car, this time a clapped out runaround, that they can drive into the ground when they're performing like they are.  They'll be splashing more cash to do it, but most of our fans will just be too stupid to realise it!

Haha mate a question got asked it got answered in 2 mins and it moved on I really would love to hear the things you and others would bring up so hit us with some of the amazing questions that would have us all on the edge of our seats I really am intrigued what you would ask.

1) They are not supercars, that is a huge over exaggeration 

2) None of them have Audi R8s or Bentley Continentals (Maynard did!) - that is something to moan about

3) I'm sure many of the cars are leased 

4) Harry is completely right, most of our players earn, for a footballer, a fair wage (they, after all, need to earn a living too, and their career spans are a lot shorter than 99% of everyone else's) 

Think you'll find Marv owns an R8

Prykey S14 Limited?@PrykeS14Limited17 Oct

Tom Killick of Poole Town FC with his new C250cdi Sport Plus AMG Coupe sold & delivered by S14 VIP Limited

If someone at Poole Town can afford one of these cars then they clearly arent that expensive!

Big deal about nothing, if I could afford a nice car I would have one, regardless of what I did for a living.

Anyone who works in an office would see their office car park full of a range of cars from Clios to Audis/Merc/BMWs. Its life, some people earn more than others. Some deserve it and some dont...

Archived