IGNORED

Atmosphere Tonight

You Do The Dziekanowski

Seemed like 10 years ago there was lots of talk of teams under reporting attendance for tax advantages. Will people start thinking that clubs now over report attendances for financial fair play benefits?!

Good point.

If anyone sees a large sack of cash being delivered to the ticket offices that might explain it ;-)

no problem, was fun apart from the ******* control room trying ruin a bit of fun with the flag,

Fire hazard my ass

Monkeh, you are right, I was speaking to the lad who was trying to do it just after the game.

He said they were being threatened with ejection, if they didn't stop waving them at the back!!!

I know those flags haven't been out for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't appear again for a while. This club sure knows how to put a damper, on people's enthusiasm.

I recall, the "parkenders", waved their wavey flag during the game, no stewards stopped them. Yet two lads want to do it, at the back of a walkway, blocking no one views and they will be ejected!!!

Surely also, 8 stewards when I looked round is a bit of an overkill to speak to someone about flags!?

the full on searches entering the eastend were a joke Aswell, I asked the stewards and they said "it's bonfire night, we have been tipped off people are bringing rockets in"

Seriously!!! What is going on, on the field people can live with, but most of the off the field just makes people want to give up I feel.

Monkeh, you are right, I was speaking to the lad who was trying to do it just after the game.

He said they were being threatened with ejection, if they didn't stop waving them at the back!!!

I know those flags haven't been out for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't appear again for a while. This club sure knows how to put a damper, on people's enthusiasm.

I recall, the "parkenders", waved their wavey flag during the game, no stewards stopped them. Yet two lads want to do it, at the back of a walkway, blocking no one views and they will be ejected!!!

Surely also, 8 stewards when I looked round is a bit of an overkill to speak to someone about flags!?

the full on searches entering the eastend were a joke Aswell, I asked the stewards and they said "it's bonfire night, we have been tipped off people are bringing rockets in"

Seriously!!! What is going on, on the field people can live with, but most of the off the field just makes people want to give up I feel.

indeed I got searched twice at the bottom of the steps and at the top and I was waring a suit under my bomber jacket ffs, When I challenged the stewards about it they said it was happening in all parts of the ground, When I passed the Atyeo and Dolmon turnstyles I didn't witness people being stopped,

The odd search I can understand ie looking in a bag or if people were waring long coats that happens at every ground, but to stop every signle person in the east end is stupid and I've written to David Lloyd about it this morning whether somthing happens we'll wait and see,

indeed I got searched twice at the bottom of the steps and at the top and I was waring a suit under my bomber jacket ffs, When I challenged the stewards about it they said it was happening in all parts of the ground, When I passed the Atyeo and Dolmon turnstyles I didn't witness people being stopped,

The odd search I can understand ie looking in a bag or if people were waring long coats that happens at every ground, but to stop every signle person in the east end is stupid and I've written to David Lloyd about it this morning whether somthing happens we'll wait and see,

I refused to be searched as I thought it was ridiculous. Bloke infront of me was being searched and I just walked past, the steward didn't do anything about it.

Morons

I refused to be searched as I thought it was ridiculous. Bloke infront of me was being searched and I just walked past, the steward didn't do anything about it.

Morons

I think that was part of the reason there was such a poor atmosphere in the first half, everyone around me were talking about that and the 3 lions showing emmerdale, the "football" on show didn't help much ether but still we won so should be happy

Morons

Yeah, what was all THAT about? I was searched, the woman (I think it was a woman) found my collapsable brolly in my inside pocket, she said "You'll have to leave it here"  I told her I was SIXTY ONE and hadn't been frisked for twenty years and I would rather go back home than surrender it (actually,I would have tried at the other end of the Dolman). Upshot was ....she just let me in !

Yeah, what was all THAT about? I was searched, the woman (I think it was a woman) found my collapsable brolly in my inside pocket, she said "You'll have to leave it here"  I told her I was SIXTY ONE and hadn't been frisked for twenty years and I would rather go back home than surrender it (actually,I would have tried at the other end of the Dolman). Upshot was ....she just let me in !

you were lucky you werent threaten because that was a massive fire hazard :)

East End: you were brilliant. My 'Man of the Match' last night. THAT was "support."

To keep singing, with nothing to cheer on the park, and no away support to feed off/ react to, in the state we're in right now, wonderful. The view, from the directors box, of the mass bounce at 1:0, was a joy to see. I'm sure little Jon was itching to be in there with you, rather than stuck in the posh seats.

If the head coach doesn't dedicate that win to the East End in Saturday's programme, then there's something wrong with him (oh yeah, there is something wrong with him, isn't there? Anyway, you know what I mean)

Aah that old chestnut "is that a collapsable brolly in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me"

Morons

Did the exact same thing, just showed him my ticket and pushed passed his arm when he tried to stop me. He then threated to get his supervisor which I thought was brilliant

Aah that old chestnut "is that a collapsable brolly in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me"

haha Following a thorough frisking from a female stuard I was refused entry when she got sight of my chopper. She classed it as a dangerous weapon - cheaky bitch!

True story.

Anyway, fair play EE last night and the rest of you.

Unfortunately I was the one being threatened with ejection if I did not stop waving the flag at the back of the stand (over and above people's heads, not obstructing view).

There were 6 or so 'bouncer style' blokes and the 'Head Steward' surrounding me and in my face, luckily I'm a placid person and had a conversation with the HS who told me he got instruction from the Head of Security (some new chap) to eject me if I continue to wave the flag. To cut a long story short when I went to discuss this with him after the game he told me, I can't just wave a flag whenever you want, as well as another 'senior BCFC official' suggesting "you are speaking to people of very high importance at BCFC, if you want things changed you need to change your attitude" - Incredible.

The Head of Security told me he wanted to go home and told me if I love the club as much as I say I do I can have a conversation with him another time and went on to question "why all of a sudden to you want to wave big flags around" my response was because "I want people to look at Bristol City supporters and be impressed and I want other Bristol City supporters to join in to improve the match day experience for as many people as possible".

This is a flag, not a smoke bomb, or a firework or a fight. It's a flag. If the club are too "Important" to speak to me and reluctant to help us create a better atmosphere or the attitude of their staff then it's time for me to knock it on the head, I'm still young enough to be playing on Saturdays so that's what I would do, I've supported this club from the bottom of League One to the top of the Championship in equal measure - results don't deter me. But enough is enough, this may be just flags for some people but what if atmosphere is nearly your sole motivation during tough times and what if the people who wave the flags are 'just supporters'?

I am not trying to be head of the Eastend or the voice of reason, I'm just a football supporter who tries to help the main group with putting up flags and improving atmosphere. If things don't change that's it for me for now and I know a few others who share this view. I am waiting for a response to an email I sent to a club official this morning.

Well done to all the lads and ladies getting behind the team in the 2nd half - cracking effort.

Unfortunately I was the one being threatened with ejection if I did not stop waving the flag at the back of the stand (over and above people's heads, not obstructing view).

There were 6 or so 'bouncer style' blokes and the 'Head Steward' surrounding me and in my face, luckily I'm a placid person and had a conversation with the HS who told me he got instruction from the Head of Security (some new chap) to eject me if I continue to wave the flag. To cut a long story short when I went to discuss this with him after the game he told me, I can't just wave a flag whenever you want, as well as another 'senior BCFC official' suggesting "you are speaking to people of very high importance at BCFC, if you want things changed you need to change your attitude" - Incredible.

Cobblers, you, and other young fans like you are far more important to this club than any of 'them.'

fair play for standing up to them mate and I hope you get a decent response from the club , we need more fans down the Gate but the club seems it's doing its best to alienate the ones we have.

There were 6 or so 'bouncer style' blokes and the 'Head Steward' surrounding me and in my face, luckily I'm a placid person and had a conversation with the HS who told me he got instruction from the Head of Security (some new chap) to eject me if I continue to wave the flag. To cut a long story short when I went to discuss this with him after the game he told me, I can't just wave a flag whenever you want, as well as another 'senior BCFC official' suggesting "you are speaking to people of very high importance at BCFC, if you want things changed you need to change your attitude" - Incredible.

The Head of Security told me he wanted to go home and told me if I love the club as much as I say I do I can have a conversation with him another time and went on to question "why all of a sudden to you want to wave big flags around" my response was because "I want people to look at Bristol City supporters and be impressed and I want other Bristol City supporters to join in to improve the match day experience for as many people as possible".

This is a flag, not a smoke bomb, or a firework or a fight. It's a flag. If the club are too "Important" to speak to me and reluctant to help us create a better atmosphere or the attitude of their staff then it's time for me to knock it on the head, I'm still young enough to be playing on Saturdays so that's what I would do, I've supported this club from the bottom of League One to the top of the Championship in equal measure - results don't deter me. But enough is enough, this may be just flags for some people but what if atmosphere is nearly your sole motivation during tough times and what if the people who wave the flags are 'just supporters'?

I am not trying to be head of the Eastend or the voice of reason, I'm just a football supporter who tries to help the main group with putting up flags and improving atmosphere. If things don't change that's it for me for now and I know a few others who share this view. I am waiting for a response to an email I sent to a club official this morning.

Well done to all the lads and ladies getting behind the team in the 2nd half - cracking effort.

It's good to hear the club can still find the money for so many, much needed stewards, on such a high category, risky game as Crawley at home. You, know, when we're down sizing, strapped for cash and laying off staff who can fix the showers. Excellent. How many more ways can we find to shoot ourselves in the foot?

(This is all an attempt at sarcasm, if you're not sure)

Give someone a Hi-Vis jacket and one of them licenses they insist on wearing on their arm like some kind of swastica and you turn a everyday bloke into a snarling, dribbling nause of a turd. with the arrogance of a South Wales Police officer.

God forbid you might wave a flag at a football match, how dare you, you need a life ban mate.

It is almost amusing. Fans are attempting to pro actively "Support their local football club" and that club itself is?

Parts of this vision and its pillars are just empty words. If they want mice and sheep perhaps fans should turn up for one game in mice and sheep masks.

If everyone took a flag into the eastender what they going to do throw everyone out or ban everyone? It's the stewards picking on individuals or small groups who's trying to create an atmosphere they wouldn't be able to do anything if everyone took flags in!

There were 6 or so 'bouncer style' blokes and the 'Head Steward' surrounding me and in my face, luckily I'm a placid person and had a conversation with the HS who told me he got instruction from the Head of Security (some new chap) to eject me if I continue to wave the flag. To cut a long story short when I went to discuss this with him after the game he told me, I can't just wave a flag whenever you want, as well as another 'senior BCFC official' suggesting "you are speaking to people of very high importance at BCFC, if you want things changed you need to change your attitude" - Incredible.

The Head of Security told me he wanted to go home and told me if I love the club as much as I say I do I can have a conversation with him another time and went on to question "why all of a sudden to you want to wave big flags around" my response was because "I want people to look at Bristol City supporters and be impressed and I want other Bristol City supporters to join in to improve the match day experience for as many people as possible".

This is a flag, not a smoke bomb, or a firework or a fight. It's a flag. If the club are too "Important" to speak to me and reluctant to help us create a better atmosphere or the attitude of their staff then it's time for me to knock it on the head, I'm still young enough to be playing on Saturdays so that's what I would do, I've supported this club from the bottom of League One to the top of the Championship in equal measure - results don't deter me. But enough is enough, this may be just flags for some people but what if atmosphere is nearly your sole motivation during tough times and what if the people who wave the flags are 'just supporters'?

Well done to all the lads and ladies getting behind the team in the 2nd half - cracking effort.

A heartwarming story about a club in tune with its fans.

Archived