IGNORED

Atmosphere Tonight

You Do The Dziekanowski

Unfortunately I was the one being threatened with ejection if I did not stop waving the flag at the back of the stand (over and above people's heads, not obstructing view).

There were 6 or so 'bouncer style' blokes and the 'Head Steward' surrounding me and in my face, luckily I'm a placid person and had a conversation with the HS who told me he got instruction from the Head of Security (some new chap) to eject me if I continue to wave the flag. To cut a long story short when I went to discuss this with him after the game he told me, I can't just wave a flag whenever you want, as well as another 'senior BCFC official' suggesting "you are speaking to people of very high importance at BCFC, if you want things changed you need to change your attitude" - Incredible.

The Head of Security told me he wanted to go home and told me if I love the club as much as I say I do I can have a conversation with him another time and went on to question "why all of a sudden to you want to wave big flags around" my response was because "I want people to look at Bristol City supporters and be impressed and I want other Bristol City supporters to join in to improve the match day experience for as many people as possible".

This is a flag, not a smoke bomb, or a firework or a fight. It's a flag. If the club are too "Important" to speak to me and reluctant to help us create a better atmosphere or the attitude of their staff then it's time for me to knock it on the head, I'm still young enough to be playing on Saturdays so that's what I would do, I've supported this club from the bottom of League One to the top of the Championship in equal measure - results don't deter me. But enough is enough, this may be just flags for some people but what if atmosphere is nearly your sole motivation during tough times and what if the people who wave the flags are 'just supporters'?

I am not trying to be head of the Eastend or the voice of reason, I'm just a football supporter who tries to help the main group with putting up flags and improving atmosphere. If things don't change that's it for me for now and I know a few others who share this view. I am waiting for a response to an email I sent to a club official this morning.

Well done to all the lads and ladies getting behind the team in the 2nd half - cracking effort.

I saw the whole thing unfold and its ridiculous, the stewards have been completely over zealous this season and people have been threatened with being ejected for stupid things such as standing on seats. If this doesn't stop they risk disillusioning the hardcore support and losing out on the fans who will support them through thick or thin. The club really needs to get back in touch with the fans like it was a few years ago. On a sidenote why were they searching people AGAIN at the bottom of the steps to the east end, when we have been assured this is not needed? I don't see dolman, Williams or atyeo entrances being searched so why the east end?

Unfortunately I was the one being threatened with ejection if I did not stop waving the flag at the back of the stand (over and above people's heads, not obstructing view).

There were 6 or so 'bouncer style' blokes and the 'Head Steward' surrounding me and in my face, luckily I'm a placid person and had a conversation with the HS who told me he got instruction from the Head of Security (some new chap) to eject me if I continue to wave the flag. To cut a long story short when I went to discuss this with him after the game he told me, I can't just wave a flag whenever you want, as well as another 'senior BCFC official' suggesting "you are speaking to people of very high importance at BCFC, if you want things changed you need to change your attitude" - Incredible.

The Head of Security told me he wanted to go home and told me if I love the club as much as I say I do I can have a conversation with him another time and went on to question "why all of a sudden to you want to wave big flags around" my response was because "I want people to look at Bristol City supporters and be impressed and I want other Bristol City supporters to join in to improve the match day experience for as many people as possible".

This is a flag, not a smoke bomb, or a firework or a fight. It's a flag. If the club are too "Important" to speak to me and reluctant to help us create a better atmosphere or the attitude of their staff then it's time for me to knock it on the head, I'm still young enough to be playing on Saturdays so that's what I would do, I've supported this club from the bottom of League One to the top of the Championship in equal measure - results don't deter me. But enough is enough, this may be just flags for some people but what if atmosphere is nearly your sole motivation during tough times and what if the people who wave the flags are 'just supporters'?

I am not trying to be head of the Eastend or the voice of reason, I'm just a football supporter who tries to help the main group with putting up flags and improving atmosphere. If things don't change that's it for me for now and I know a few others who share this view. I am waiting for a response to an email I sent to a club official this morning.

Well done to all the lads and ladies getting behind the team in the 2nd half - cracking effort.

Unbelievable. No, hang on, it's not. It's just another sign that the suits who run this club don't give a split fig for the supporters. The arrogant toads who call themselves stewards cause more trouble than they prevent :(

Is ANYONE at the club listening to the fans? Apparently not. Lying about the attendance doesn't go down well, either...

Is the head of security Alford?

No it's some new chap called Kelvin.

I am trying to arrange a meeting with him where hopefully he will have time for me and a few others to discuss this situation.

On a side note, it's very interesting that the lads who are in the Atyeo (keep u the good work you lot) were waving their flags on Saturday and they looked great...however were they threatened with being ejected?

I will gauge from this meeting what the clubs stance is and make my decision from there, what a shame it ruined our first home win since March for me.

Unbelievable. No, hang on, it's not. It's just another sign that the suits who run this club don't give a split fig for the supporters. The arrogant toads who call themselves stewards cause more trouble than they prevent :(

Is ANYONE at the club listening to the fans? Apparently not. Lying about the attendance doesn't go down well, either...

They are NOT lying FFS, they include all S/Ts as does everyone else ,for those hard of thinking !

It is almost amusing. Fans are attempting to pro actively "Support their local football club" and that club itself is?

Parts of this vision and its pillars are just empty words. If they want mice and sheep perhaps fans should turn up for one game in mice and sheep masks.

if we had the funds I'd get everyone in the EE to ware a hi-vis vest/jacket to a game and chant lets all act like stewards while running away from some others dressed in football shirts to the tune of benny hill

No it's some new chap called Kelvin.

I am trying to arrange a meeting with him where hopefully he will have time for me and a few others to discuss this situation.

On a side note, it's very interesting that the lads who are in the Atyeo (keep u the good work you lot) were waving their flags on Saturday and they looked great...however were they threatened with being ejected?

I will gauge from this meeting what the clubs stance is and make my decision from there, what a shame it ruined our first home win since March for me.

if you want any witnesses to what happened give me a shout as you were just behind me when it all kicked off, left such a bitter taste in my mouth

They are NOT lying FFS, they include all S/Ts as does everyone else ,for those hard of thinking !

Which is lying - i.e. not telling the truth, for the hard of thinking.

I don't care whether everyone else does it - it's still lying.

Flags looked great in the east end at half time from the Atyeo. Shame they weren't spread out across the front of the stand but it really did inspire us in h block. Forza parkend echoed around h block in response to the eastends chants last night and we really gave it a good go. Had messages from the Williams to say they could hear us.

We usually get the flags out every game but did not have time last night. Let us know when you next get them out and we will do the same. It would be great to see them at both ends of the ground. Out of interest what made the ee get the flags on poles out again ? Also did they moan about you waving them at ht ?

Same flags, same poles, same area

NOT SO LONG AGO!

601030_10201225528669836_1360588406_n.jp

971831_10201225531469906_2085064803_n.jp

AND NOW NOVEMBER 5th 2013

1460207_613039782085835_2003975251_n.jpg

1460065_613039792085834_757597379_n.jpg

The board should be ashamed of themselves looking at those photos.

I've said before that my circumstances mean it's all but impossible to come to games now.

This forum is convincing me that, irrespective of things on the pitch, I'm missing very little that has meant so much to me for 30 odd years.

Funnily enough, I watched in amusement at how serious the stewards take their role.

I was stood in the car park and watched a Crawley Town couple approach the away end and be searched.

Both would have been in their late 60s or 70s.

Real hooligan element.... I thought at the time how ridiculous it was.

This is NOT meant as criticism of the EE. they were great 2nd half (although non existent first half, along with everyone else)

But that "forza east end" song really is dul and excludes the rest of the ground from joining in.

Fair enough if it sparks you all into life, but it's really not the best song that you do,IMO.

I'm of the opposite view and think it's excellent and I'm an old fart. Watching Dortmund/ Arsenal game and they've got a Bonnie Tyler thing going on (It's a heart ache), impressive.

Also the Stupid Question song near the end made me chuckle.

Funnily enough, I watched in amusement at how serious the stewards take their role.

I was stood in the car park and watched a Crawley Town couple approach the away end and be searched.

Both would have been in their late 60s or 70s.

Real hooligan element.... I thought at the time how ridiculous it was.

Zey are only following orders...

Archived