IGNORED

Protest Against The Bans (Merged)

Sixtyseconds

Troll? Ruin? Another one who acuses those who do not agree with him - of being a troll. Do you actually understand the rudiments of a forum?

You add little value, which is diminishing as your act gets stale. Unfortunately as much I can just ignore you, it seems as your presence will just derail any thread that you deem suitable to inhabit and depart your wittering on unsuspecting victims.

I personally hope this does not all blow up and affect on-field matters just at a time when we see a glimmer of light.

Then the club will only have themselves to blame. The bans are already having an affect. Chants regarding bans have been heard, it is a topic amongst fans. There is no obvious support for BCFC's stance on forums or elsewhere. This could also trigger a galvanising of supporters for the better.

The fans are always last to be mentioned by any manager after a win, they're usually pleased for the players, staff, chairman, fans in that order.

See his Rovers post match interview.

Question "Sean what was the key to that victory"? Answer a 2 minute diatribe about the how bad the fans were at end of the game, answer the ******* question that was asked FFS.

Do not blame BCFC - blame the football hooligan culture that has brought about todays zero tolerance policy.

The dawn raids / bans are the outcome of the football hooliganism legacy.

Hooligans past and present are where anger should be directed.

As a matter of interest, how many of those protesting are past or present hooligans?

Oh dear.

Does anyone want to explain from the beginning?

God, we've got another blinkered fool

Just thought I'd join in, cos it seems to be the same people talking to each other on this thread......the same like minded people just talking to themselves.... The same old....same old... Anyway just trying to help! I'm sure you'll all get this sorted by Xmas...............2014!

You add little value, which is diminishing as your act gets stale. Unfortunately as much I can just ignore you, it seems as your presence will just derail any thread that you deem suitable to inhabit and depart your wittering on unsuspecting victims.

Derail? Don't you mean a difference of opinion? Poor you for being incapable of understanding the basics of a forum.

Get

WRONG!

It is against the law for someone under 18 to drink alcohol in licensed premises, except where the child is 16 or 17 years old and accompanied by an adult.

In this case it is legal for them to drink, but not buy, beer, wine and cider with a table meal.

It is NOT illegal for someone over 18 to buy a child over 16 beer, wine or cider if they are eating a table meal together in licensed premises.

It is NOT illegal for a child aged 5 to 16 to drink alcohol at home or on other private premises.

I know these laws but simply put if he's at a football match then he's not at a table eating a meal and he is not at home, yes he could have had a drink under these circumstances but then it would be a case of bad parenting or guardianship to let him go out obviously intoxicated, especially to a football match.

Twist it and turn it however you would like but he only has himself or his parents to blame and it's about time people stopped making excuses for people who are acting like idiots. When I was younger and got drunk I had to face up to my actions the next day, I couldn't just make excuses and rightfully so. Police being wrong or not it's not justice to abuse them or wind them up, that's just stupid and asking for trouble.

All that aside as I said before, the police, the media and many others have done wrong here too but that doesn't mean he should be let off scot free.

There is no doubt some who have be banned fully deserved it and fully justified after being found guilty by a court of law

What the club is doing is punishing the same offence again, it's out of order and should stop before it's too late

As for redeye some please ban that cock he is just a troll

I find this thread quiet sad... how low has it become?

One part of me is saying silly sods grow up.

The other part is saying 'man the **** up'... seriously... This would have been sorted proper in the 70's..none of this namby pamby pussy footing around. Go to any Italian or East European ground now, and this sort of thing happens every week. It's normal..and the fans as one back their own.

The fact it feels like people are walking on eggshells makes me feel sorry for this Country... we've all become soft. :grr:  :facepalm:

I know these laws but simply put if he's at a football match then he's not at a table eating a meal and he is not at home, yes he could have had a drink under these circumstances but then it would be a case of bad parenting or guardianship to let him go out obviously intoxicated, especially to a football match.

Twist it and turn it however you would like but he only has himself or his parents to blame and it's about time people stopped making excuses for people who are acting like idiots. When I was younger and got drunk I had to face up to my actions the next day, I couldn't just make excuses and rightfully so. Police being wrong or not it's not justice to abuse them or wind them up, that's just stupid and asking for trouble.

All that aside as I said before, the police, the media and many others have done wrong here too but that doesn't mean he should be let off scot free.

You don't half talk some shite. Maybe you got hit on the head by one of your welsh copper mates.

• Admin

I was simply replying to your post

Either way a 17 year old drinking is breaking the law anyway and so he's lucky he wasn't prosecuted for that

Which as proven was nonsense

I was simply replying to your post

Which as proven was nonsense

It's not nonsense at all, you just put it out of context as what I said was correct. We were talking about a 17 year old at a football match, not a 17 year old at home with his parents. As I said, twist it however you like but all I see is someone being pedantic over details.

You don't half talk some shite. Maybe you got hit on the head by one of your welsh copper mates.

Maybe, maybe not but at least I can take part in a discussion without resulting to childish insults

Do not blame BCFC - blame the football hooligan culture that has brought about todays zero tolerance policy.

The dawn raids / bans are the outcome of the football hooliganism legacy.

Hooligans past and present are where anger should be directed.

As a matter of interest, how many of those protesting are past or present hooligans?

Me, me, I admit to being inside the playing area many times, I paid to sit on the benches that once went around the inside and jumped up when we scored, I do believe My feet may have touched the playing area many times while a game was on; I also confess to taking a dangerous weapon inside the ground, a wooden rattle, it was painted red but did wave it around and above my head. I realise the bits of wooden rattle could of flown off at anytime and caused injury to anyone near by.

I have also left several cups and pie containers on the ground I hope no-one fell over them but I am sorry for doing so. I have also sworn inside the ground um many times. I have also stood up. :facepalm:

There that's of my chest now, promise it wont happen again for a while anyway

I too confess entering the playing area on many occasions. I remember being actually on the pitch as the game was still on going against Rotherham, well inside the penalty area actually. End of season it has always been a tradition (it makes the walk out of the ground quicker too) I didn't enter against Rovers as had children with me but may well have done had I not purely to celebrate. And as the club has pictures for sale in the club shop of fans celebrating on the pitch I'm sure it would have been acceptable??

It is really important that sanctions are in proportion to the 'crimes'. When you have a situation in this country that paedophiles are getting let off with slaps on the wrist and football fans are being locked up or given lifetime bans for relatively minor offences then something is seriously wrong.

I thought I heard on the radio yesterday that BCFC had agreed to meet with supporters groups and look at overturning these decisions?

• Admin

redeye,

You appear to be having trouble empathising with those who have been harshly issued with bans. For instance the one fan who is now banned from Ashton Gate for simply arguing back (yes with words, not punchs) to the Heddlu after they struck him with their baton. You know, how you do on here when confronted with what you see as violent aggressors. However, you are in luck as I am able to help you research how this might feel and assist you in developing your own sense of empathy.

Happy to help,

Ian

It is really important that sanctions are in proportion to the 'crimes'. When you have a situation in this country that paedophiles are getting let off with slaps on the wrist and football fans are being locked up or given lifetime bans for relatively minor offences then something is seriously wrong.

I thought I heard on the radio yesterday that BCFC had agreed to meet with supporters groups and look at overturning these decisions?

A meeting is being fixed with the Supporters Club & Trust to discuss wider issues. I feel that if the bans are to be discussed, those organising or feel strongly about the protest should attend too.

When it comes down to it if we were to review individual cases together and hear both sides of the story and view all evidence I think there would be a clear consensus.

Aggressive loutish fans deserve punishing and still need rooting out.

Those caught in the crossfire and/or deliberately prohibited from having a right of reply should never be sanctioned without a FAIR hearing.

A meeting is being fixed with the Supporters Club & Trust to discuss wider issues. I feel that if the bans are to be discussed, those organising or feel strongly about the protest should attend too.

When is this. I wish to go and make a few points like what happened at Swindon

I too confess entering the playing area on many occasions. I remember being actually on the pitch as the game was still on going against Rotherham, well inside the penalty area actually. End of season it has always been a tradition (it makes the walk out of the ground quicker too) I didn't enter against Rovers as had children with me but may well have done had I not purely to celebrate. And as the club has pictures for sale in the club shop of fans celebrating on the pitch I'm sure it would have been acceptable??

I might be wrong, but isn't running on to the pitch illegal rather than just something the club doesn't like? I imagine that thousands running on to the pitch to celebrate promotion isn't going to be prosecuted as the police/CPS wouldn't see it as 'expedient' or in the public interest. A few hundred running on the pitch to antagonise the away fans after a first-round Johnstone Paint Trophy win is slightly different

While it definitely sounds like the club have been, at best, over-zealous with the bans, they can't really be taken to task regarding the law of the land. I would also point out that 'Public Disorder' can include 'abusive or threatening behaviour' so again, the club can't be held accountable for the law. Where they do have questions to answer is in the strength of their reaction to the arrests and the best way to raise that (in the short term) is surely through the supporters trust. I can't really see them coming back from the position they've put themselves in though, as they'll be accused of being 'soft on hooligans'

As for the Hedlu at Cardiff away, it sounds like they've behaved despicably and it's a theme that runs through football policing. That said, until we (as football fans) completely reject the mindless, thuggish behaviour that still pervades the fringes of our (and many other teams) support, they will always be able to justify their actions to the public. The neutral or non football fan doesn't remember the scenes of orderly football fans singing as chanting, they remember the seats being ripped up and the windows being smashed and the pubs being trashed

I hope all those that have been unfairly treated by the club are reinstated and sent a genuine apology, but lets not pretend that we fans have played no part in the situation we currently find ourselves in. I will no doubt get abuse for this post but I'm just trying to be honest and objective and if that sets me against the majority then so be it

When it comes down to it if we were to review individual cases together and hear both sides of the story and view all evidence I think there would be a clear consensus.

Aggressive loutish fans deserve punishing and still need rooting out.

Those caught in the crossfire and/or deliberately prohibited from having a right of reply should never be sanctioned without a FAIR hearing.

This. It SHOULD have been done on a case by case basis, which im sure if it was, different punishments would have been handed out. The worst obviously life bans, which im sure there were a few, but im sure equally there were people deserving of far less and going by whats said should have been given warnings/behaviour orders or short bans. A blanket life time ban on just who ever was involved/got caught up in is royally ****** up. Just when I don't think it could be much worse the board manage to dig their hole just a little deeper. Honestly I believe if they continue in this vein and on this path it won't be long before fans really turn on them. I hope it doesn't happen but.....

redeye,

You appear to be having trouble empathising with those who have been harshly issued with bans. For instance the one fan who is now banned from Ashton Gate for simply arguing back (yes with words, not punchs) to the Heddlu after they struck him with their baton. You know, how you do on here when confronted with what you see as violent aggressors. However, you are in luck as I am able to help you research how this might feel and assist you in developing your own sense of empathy.

Happy to help,

Ian

I think you are now showing your true colours! Let's all enjoy this forum, and agree to disagree! Without getting overly angry with each other. I mean......it's not like we're thugs or football hooligans......are we?

Archived