IGNORED

Free Marine A

Cambridge Batch Red

Well of course we are as bad as them. We are in their country killing them.

We have been killing people in cold blood in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq by drone strikes.

Now I know to an extent that isn't a soldiers fault, but then the excuse of 'I was just following orders' has never led to any major incidents...oh wait. 3000 people dead, on 9/11 results in war in Afghanistan for over a decade. Hundreds of thousands (mostly innocent people) killed by American and British forces in Iraq and Afghanistan... nothing happens. One day our Governments and our armed forces will pick on someone who can fight back, then we'll see war from the comfort of our crater where our house was, than the comfort of our armchairs. 

I appreciate I come across rather George Galloway which for the most part I resent, but in this instance, we have been chucking our weight around for too long. 

Now I know to an extent that isn't a soldiers fault, but then the excuse of 'I was just following orders' has never led to any major incidents...oh wait. 3000 people dead, on 9/11 results in war in Afghanistan for over a decade. Hundreds of thousands (mostly innocent people) killed by American and British forces in Iraq and Afghanistan... nothing happens. One day our Governments and our armed forces will pick on someone who can fight back, then we'll see war from the comfort of our crater where our house was, than the comfort of our armchairs. 

I appreciate I come across rather George Galloway which for the most part I resent, but in this instance, we have been chucking our weight around for too long. 

I don't think we are a million miles away from agreeing here. My original point was, does it really matter that the guy shot him dead, afterall, before they found him he had just barely survived a round from a helicopter with the purpose of killing him. The intention from his point of view was to kill soldiers, the pilots intention was to kill him, so as barbaric as war is/can be, the final outcome of this mans life was always going to be the same.

I partly blame the British people for continually voting for the same colours regardless how shit they have treated us, sending our troops onto foreign soil all over the world to keep their big oil CEO buddies on side.

I don't think we are a million miles away from agreeing here. My original point was, does it really matter that the guy shot him dead, afterall, before they found him he had just barely survived a round from a helicopter with the purpose of killing him. The intention from his point of view was to kill soldiers, the pilots intention was to kill him, so as barbaric as war is/can be, the final outcome of this mans life was always going to be the same.

I partly blame the British people for continually voting for the same colours regardless how shit they have treated us, sending our troops onto foreign soil all over the world to keep their big oil CEO buddies on side.

Just shows that the value of life plummets when it doesn't directly affects you. The sooner the troops come home, we shrink our armed forces and we stop war warmongering the better. One British soldier murdered on our streets, national uproar, thousands dead abroad no one cares. Without wanting to support murder/terror nor to trivialise the life and memory of Lee Rigby, his murderers made a point. Why is this not okay here, but is okay in our country? 

Life is precious, life is valuable, and if your gong to take someone's life you'd better have a good reason. Do I feel Marine A had a good enough reason? No.  

Just shows that the value of life plummets when it doesn't directly affects you. The sooner the troops come home, we shrink our armed forces and we stop war warmongering the better. One British soldier murdered on our streets, national uproar, thousands dead abroad no one cares. Without wanting to support murder/terror nor to trivialise the life and memory of Lee Rigby, his murderers made a point. Why is this not okay here, but is okay in our country? 

Life is precious, life is valuable, and if your gong to take someone's life you'd better have a good reason. Do I feel Marine A had a good enough reason? No.  

Sanctimonious rubbish. The Marine in question has been through numerous tours of duty in combat zones, seen his mates killed or maimed, and made a rash and ultimately punishable decision. I still maintain that the only mistake he made was to leave the camera on.

Our squaddies fight in hellish conditions under rigourous rules of engagement, against an insidious and often cowardly enemy who have the luxury of ditching their weapons in mid-firefight and walking away. 

This Marine should be given David Beckham's upcoming knighthood and a ******* medal as far as I'm concerned, not life imprisonment. As for your final sentence, I would remind you that it's precisely because of people like Marine A that you have the luxury of such an opinion.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- Winston Churchill

Sanctimonious rubbish. The Marine in question has been through numerous tours of duty in combat zones, seen his mates killed or maimed, and made a rash and ultimately punishable decision. I still maintain that the only mistake he made was to leave the camera on.

Our squaddies fight in hellish conditions under rigourous rules of engagement, against an insidious and often cowardly enemy who have the luxury of ditching their weapons in mid-firefight and walking away. 

This Marine should be given David Beckham's upcoming knighthood and a ******* medal as far as I'm concerned, not life imprisonment. As for your final sentence, I would remind you that it's precisely because of people like Marine A that you have the luxury of such an opinion.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- Winston Churchill

As I said in a previous post, he signed the dotted line. He chose to go to war when he volunteered himself as a human killing machine/pawn of the Government. This isn't WW2 where one day I would have had some Sergeant come knocking on my door, forcing me to fight. 

If someone gets a medal for saving life like diving on a grenade, fine. But a medal for shooting someone is disgusting. It should be a last resort pulling that trigger. But like I said he's only an Afghan so it doesn't matter, he's not British. Let me remind you that he is part of a 'Peace Keeping Force' (the most stupid name ever as they have bloody guns), which means his aim is peace in Afghanistan. He's doing a great job. 

As for your quote, not only is it dubious that Churchill even said it, but if he did it refers to WW2 where we were being bombed every night. Not fighting a few insurgents with AK-47s on the other side of the world. 

Marine A overstepped the mark, no question. However life imprisonment ? I don't think so.

In your earlier posts you made the point that we "cannot be seen to be as bad as them".

Quite simply "we" are not as bad as them. Their "fighters" behave like cowards, hiding themselves amongst civilians, including children when they run away. When they see they are losing a firefight they drop their weapons and hide. They kill more of their own people than our forces do.

No way are their actions comparable with our forces.

Let's not forget the sort of regime they created (and unfortunately, they will recreate once our forces are gone).

Turning the country into a medieval hell hole, public executions for minor, insignificant crimes, or "un-Islamic" behaviour. Stoning of women for alleged adultery. Banning girls from education. Treating women like nothing more than slaves. Banning music, banning other religions. Supporting and financing terrorist camps.....

The list goes on.

Yes, we have not made a great job of Afghanistan, and yes things could and should have been done better.

But we HAVE offered the Afghan people a better future; it will soon be down to them to develop it further. And our forces ARE better than the Taliban.

I can smell the fear on you from here.

Morally vacuous coward does not even begin to describe you. I would hope that on Remembrance day you were right there telling the returned soldiers from the middle-east exactly what you thought of them.

But you weren't. Because you are a coward - who quite frankly isn't fit to lace the boots of the marine in question.

That man is everything you can never be, and for every rejection from an employer, woman, girl or even boy in your case, the hatred you harbour toward the more adequate people in life grows.

There is a bottle of henna and a mosque with your name on it. You stink of inadequacy and failure, so you cower behind a keyboard and denigrate the type of man you would hide behind in a time of crisis.

Coward. I despise you.

Men die is war, millions have died. If you are brave enough to stand and be shot at then you are a braver man than I. I never claimed to be brave or heroic. But tell me what is brave or heroic about shooting an unarmed injured man in the back. If you can tell me what is brave or heroic about that act then I will scurry back under my stone. The only member of my family who ever fought was my great grand-father who I remember asking about his experiences in the War before he passed away.  He refused to talk to me about it. Such was the agony he faced thinking about the death and destruction. He was also ashamed of his own actions and that is my view of war. There is no Glory to be found, there is little good to be found, and righteousness is scarce. Just death and pain. 

I can smell the fear on you from here.

Morally vacuous coward does not even begin to describe you. I would hope that on Remembrance day you were right there telling the returned soldiers from the middle-east exactly what you thought of them.

But you weren't. Because you are a coward - who quite frankly isn't fit to lace the boots of the marine in question.

That man is everything you can never be, and for every rejection from an employer, woman, girl or even boy in your case, the hatred you harbour toward the more adequate people in life grows.

There is a bottle of henna and a mosque with your name on it. You stink of inadequacy and failure, so you cower behind a keyboard and denigrate the type of man you would hide behind in a time of crisis.

Coward. I despise you.

That's very brave of you

Marine A overstepped the mark, no question. However life imprisonment ? I don't think so.

In your earlier posts you made the point that we "cannot be seen to be as bad as them".

Quite simply "we" are not as bad as them. Their "fighters" behave like cowards, hiding themselves amongst civilians, including children when they run away. When they see they are losing a firefight they drop their weapons and hide. They kill more of their own people than our forces do.

No way are their actions comparable with our forces.

Let's not forget the sort of regime they created (and unfortunately, they will recreate once our forces are gone).

Turning the country into a medieval hell hole, public executions for minor, insignificant crimes, or "un-Islamic" behaviour. Stoning of women for alleged adultery. Banning girls from education. Treating women like nothing more than slaves. Banning music, banning other religions. Supporting and financing terrorist camps.....

The list goes on.

Yes, we have not made a great job of Afghanistan, and yes things could and should have been done better.

But we HAVE offered the Afghan people a better future; it will soon be down to them to develop it further. And our forces ARE better than the Taliban.

I don't agree with what the Taliban stand for but, why is it any of our business what happens in their country?

We didn't shut the bankers down when they ****** us all over, the bankers have done more damaged to you, me and the future generations than any Taliban official.

You may like to seek out the Taliban treatment on captured UNINJURED, UNARMED Russian troops - I cannot post it here - it's unwatchable. Soldier after soldier tortured, dismembered and killed - slowly.

These are the same people this marine was fighting.

Know some facts before you comment.

Thanks for proving my point. Taliban mistreat a Russian soldier and you're disgusted, British soldier murder a Taliban insurgent and he deserved it. Except its not the Taliban, its in Chechnya (I'm not going to watch the video, I'll take your word that its vile and disgusting but you stated that its not in Afghanistan) where there has been several decades of escalating atrocities. That is a place where I GAURANTEE that the Russian military have given as good as they got. So maybe know your facts before you start comparing incomparable conflicts

But regardless, of that it makes none of the acts described ok. There are thousands of young men and women being sent out to Afghanistan to experience horrors that I can not imagine. But they joined the army knowing that that's where they would be sent. They made a choice and I respect them for it, but in making that choice they agreed to bound by the rules of our military and our laws and our society, not some barbaric reaction to what they see around them. Do you think the British Military became one of the most respected and professional fighting forces in the world by having indisciplined and violent troops?

I have sympathy for what those soldiers have gone through and for the emotional strain that they have had to bare, but under British law he committed murder and under British law he's been found guilty. Deal with it

I don't agree with what the Taliban stand for but, why is it any of our business what happens in their country?

We didn't shut the bankers down when they ****** us all over, the bankers have done more damaged to you, me and the future generations than any Taliban official.

It is our business if they stand by and encourage the likes of Al Qaeda to breed within their borders. These people hate us and want nothing more than to send their fanatics over this country to kill and maim innocent people in this country.

Hopefully when we leave Afghanistan, the government there will have a strong enough military to withstand the Taliban onslaught. Unfortunately I do not think this will be the case. The Taliban cowards will start intimidating and killing the Afghan soldier's families until they just drop their weapons and give up.

This will be reminiscent of Vietnam, the Commies just waited for the Americans to leave, then built up their forces before delivering the hammer blow.

Don't be surprised to see our troops deployed in Somalia shortly afterwards. Al Shabaab will be the next target, as they are training Somali U.K. passport holders to return here and cause carnage.

If the Somalis / Al Shabaab don't like it, they will only have themselves to blame.

Men die is war, millions have died. If you are brave enough to stand and be shot at then you are a braver man than I. I never claimed to be brave or heroic. But tell me what is brave or heroic about shooting an unarmed injured man in the back. If you can tell me what is brave or heroic about that act then I will scurry back under my stone. The only member of my family who ever fought was my great grand-father who I remember asking about his experiences in the War before he passed away.  He refused to talk to me about it. Such was the agony he faced thinking about the death and destruction. He was also ashamed of his own actions and that is my view of war. There is no Glory to be found, there is little good to be found, and righteousness is scarce. Just death and pain. 

But your Great Grand Father still fought and I suspect would have fought again had the call come.

You made mention in an earlier post claiming he may be a 'father' well let's hope to **** he didn't have any daughters judging how disgustingly this particular gender is treated even by the government that this Marine was fighting to prop up.

It is our business if they stand by and encourage the likes of Al Qaeda to breed within their borders. These people hate us and want nothing more than to send their fanatics over this country to kill and maim innocent people in this country.

Hopefully when we leave Afghanistan, the government there will have a strong enough military to withstand the Taliban onslaught. Unfortunately I do not think this will be the case. The Taliban cowards will start intimidating and killing the Afghan soldier's families until they just drop their weapons and give up.

This will be reminiscent of Vietnam, the Commies just waited for the Americans to leave, then built up their forces before delivering the hammer blow.

Don't be surprised to see our troops deployed in Somalia shortly afterwards. Al Shabaab will be the next target, as they are training Somali U.K. passport holders to return here and cause carnage.

If the Somalis / Al Shabaab don't like it, they will only have themselves to blame.

I'm probably wrong but I think they might hate us because we keep invading their countries.

I'm probably wrong but I think they might hate us because we keep invading their countries.

'We' meaning democratically elected governments making undemocratic decisions on 'our' behalf and sending our young men to hell holes like Afghanistan, unprepared, unequipped, poorly supervised, with little or no back up upon their return, adding the fear of redundancy to the mix and leaving these young men to make battlefield decisions and then hang them out to dry when they get it wrong, it's a national disgrace.

So perhaps instead of 'we' why not say 'governments' or in our particular case ******* war monger and USA bitch turned highly paid peace envoy Tony Blair.

We need more Marine As. When it is between us and them  - we should kill first  - ask questions later. We need marines not social workers with a health and safety tick box.

If I had my way I'd like all the people rounded up - that think it was good to imprison Marine A - and have them sent to Afghanistan to face the Taliban themselves on the front line. Have a division of men positioned behind them - with shoot to kill orders - to make sure they don't try running off or retreating from oncoming Taliban suicide bombers etc.

Don't forget the rest of the history of the mighty Vietnamese. The Chinese also waited for the U.S. to leave and thought that the Vietnamese Red Army would be so weakened after the fight with the U.S. that they'd be easily defeated. The Chinese Red Army subsequently invaded Vietnam with millions of soldiers and they got a kicking as well. The only historical instance I can think of where a Red Army (the Chinese) fought another Red Army (the Vietnamese).

http://www.afghan-web.com/bios/yest/asmasood.html

Not in this man's case.

General Ahmad Shah Masood was a true hero in Afghanistan who stood for all that is good in his country.

After defeating the commies and throwing them out of his country; Masood requested help from western nations on many occasions for help to defeat the Taliban and it's allies. 

The West stood by and did nothing. The result was that the Taliban grew stronger and in time, with Bin Laden's assistance, threw his government out.

Masood continued to ask for military assistance, right up to the day of his death, September 9th 2001, when he was murdered by Al Qaeda suicide bombers. Masood had warned America that his murder would be the sign to the U.S. that Al Qaeda was coming. They struck two days later as we know.

If we had helped General Masood, with more weapons and maybe troops; he would have destroyed the Taliban and Bin Laden before they could properly establish themselves.

Masood would not have made Afghanistan a perfect country, but this good man would have made it a decent fair country for it's long suffering people.

If we had got involved earlier, then 9/11 might have been avoided.

Bin Laden and his bunch of scumbags may not have even lived to see the year 2000 if we had engaged earlier.

Doing nothing = Appeasement, giving in to bullies.

It always ends in tears.

http://www.afghan-web.com/bios/yest/asmasood.html

Not in this man's case.

General Ahmad Shah Masood was a true hero in Afghanistan who stood for all that is good in his country.

After defeating the commies and throwing them out of his country; Masood requested help from western nations on many occasions for help to defeat the Taliban and it's allies. 

The West stood by and did nothing. The result was that the Taliban grew stronger and in time, with Bin Laden's assistance, threw his government out.

Masood continued to ask for military assistance, right up to the day of his death, September 9th 2001, when he was murdered by Al Qaeda suicide bombers. Masood had warned America that his murder would be the sign to the U.S. that Al Qaeda was coming. They struck two days later as we know.

If we had helped General Masood, with more weapons and maybe troops; he would have destroyed the Taliban and Bin Laden before they could properly establish themselves.

Masood would not have made Afghanistan a perfect country, but this good man would have made it a decent fair country for it's long suffering people.

If we had got involved earlier, then 9/11 might have been avoided.

Bin Laden and his bunch of scumbags may not have even lived to see the year 2000 if we had engaged earlier.

Doing nothing = Appeasement, giving in to bullies.

It always ends in tears.

Afghanistan is a real muddle. Who are friendly and who are foe?.......we don't know especially given the number of instances where Western trained Afghan Army and Policemen have turned their guns on British and U.S. servicemen.

'We' meaning democratically elected governments making undemocratic decisions on 'our' behalf and sending our young men to hell holes like Afghanistan, unprepared, unequipped, poorly supervised, with little or no back up upon their return, adding the fear of redundancy to the mix and leaving these young men to make battlefield decisions and then hang them out to dry when they get it wrong, it's a national disgrace.

So perhaps instead of 'we' why not say 'governments' or in our particular case ******* war monger and USA bitch turned highly paid peace envoy Tony Blair.

Absolutely, although history will apparently prove him 'right' doncha' know. I don't absolve the Tories as they were pretty gung ho and backed yo Blair. Wonder why the cabinet office won't release to the Chilcott enquiry the 100'odd transcripts of phone converstaions yo Blair had with Dubya.

Absolutely, although history will apparently prove him 'right' doncha' know. I don't absolve the Tories as they were pretty gung ho and backed yo Blair. Wonder why the cabinet office won't release to the Chilcott enquiry the 100'odd transcripts of phone converstaions yo Blair had with Dubya.

As this topic is about Marine A, the ideal solution would be to free Marine A and put the lawyer liar Tony Blair in prison in his place. Also, it was the Tony Blair regime that was allowing asylum in this country to some very dangerous Islamists - some of whom have gone on to form paedo grooming and rape gangs that prey on very vulnerable white English girls. I notice that it's never Tony Blair or any of his New Labour disciples that have had their daughters groomed and raped.

As this topic is about Marine A, the ideal solution would be to free Marine A and put the lawyer liar Tony Blair in prison in his place. Also, it was the Tony Blair regime that was allowing asylum in this country to some very dangerous Islamists - some of whom have gone on to form paedo grooming and rape gangs that prey on very vulnerable white English girls. I notice that it's never Tony Blair or any of his New Labour disciples that have had their daughters groomed and raped.

or their sons and daughters risking their lives fighting his illegal wars that the electorate never wanted.

I think that is highly unlikely, Gobbers ! :noexp:

I article-2424794-1BC19BEC000005DC-590_634

Sorry Gobbers can't have that - many children of Indian, Chinese, African descent have also been violently raped. Skin colour is not, and never will be an issue here. This is purely the subjugation of anyone who does not believe in Allah.

Indeed, you are right because it's not only young white Christian girls that have been targetted by Muslim rape gangs, there's been verified attacks against Sikh girls as well....

"When Islamic rape-gangs target young white girls in the UK, the Muslim rapists are described as "Asians," in order to avoid any criticism of Islam. However, now that young Sikh victims are coming forward, even the BBC is forced to identify the rapists as Muslims. Will British politicians and the media continue to ignore Muhammad's teachings about raping female captives and the inferiority of non-Muslims?"

Source: http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/09/bbc-airs-shcoking-truth-muslim-men-grooming-raping-and-pimping-young-sikh-girls-.html

Archived