IGNORED

Forest Green

KevP

Whats not to like spudski is that they are a totaly plastic club who Quite happily spent their entire history playing other villages in front of a couple of hundred people till vince and his pre decessor came in and pouted ridiculous ammount of money,btw Harry spudski and all you others who are deserting Ashton gate, for their entire history fgr s colours ware black and white, vince changed their colours because he can ! of course I suppose that what is destroying the fabric of football at cardiff is ok at fgr ( as long as they keep winning ah lads ! )

Wow...now just hold your horses mate... who said anything about deserting AG?

I go to watch City, FGR and Yate Town...

And it's not about the winning... it's the fact you actually get treated like a human being at FGR's compared to City.

The whole set up, quality and experience is ten times better than at the gate. City could learn a lot.

I don't need a lesson in their history thanks... I already know it.

It's great to mix with players and owners and scouts and other managers... to be able to sit and talk football.

Also to see and watch potential City signings and ex players play...that's why I go.

So before you go insinuating things that aren't true... I suggest you roll yer neck in bud.

Whats not to like spudski is that they are a totaly plastic club who Quite happily spent their entire history playing other villages in front of a couple of hundred people till vince and his pre decessor came in and pouted ridiculous ammount of money,btw Harry spudski and all you others who are deserting Ashton gate, for their entire history fgr s colours ware black and white, vince changed their colours because he can ! of course I suppose that what is destroying the fabric of football at cardiff is ok at fgr ( as long as they keep winning ah lads ! )

Tend to agree with Tims last point, we have all been taking the proverbial Michael out of Cardiff for changing their shirt colour but fans welcome the FGR change? It was a controversial move changing from the black and white kit to that god awful green kit they play in now.

Oh not forgetting the badge to ;)

so if it's so much better than ashton gate stick with it ! two questions, when fgr are back at their true level playing brimscombe kings stanley etc,will you still be supporting them or will ashton gate have become just a little more attractive by then ? secondly if it was so awful for cardiff to change the colour of their shirts why was their no squeak of protest when fgr did the same ,? oh well I suppose that plastic fans have no sense of history or tradition, and certainly not of loyalty !

Tend to agree with Tims last point, we have all been taking the proverbial Michael out of Cardiff for changing their shirt colour but fans welcome the FGR change? It was a controversial move changing from the black and white kit to that god awful green kit they play in now.

Oh not forgetting the badge to ;)

You can't compare what's going on at Cardiff with what's going on at FGR's...

One is for pure commercial gain the other is for the benefit of the community and it has a great agenda.

If you actually went to see it yourself you would see with your own eyes what they are trying to do.

Read about it on their website too... http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/about-forest-green-rovers/ecotricity-and-forest-green-rovers/greening-up-football

They still have White and black away kit... the Green and Black is a nod to what they are trying to achieve... a green eco friendly Club that is sustainable and of benefit to the local community.

To compare with Cardiff is like chalk and cheese imho.

Don't even reply to him people... When.city are away we can do what we like.. Personally being a single parent on a low budget can only attend home games and fgr is a cheap enjoyable day and only just up the road from us.. Our club could learn alot from them.. At least they are run well and try to attract new support

so if it's so much better than ashton gate stick with it ! two questions, when fgr are back at their true level playing brimscombe kings stanley etc,will you still be supporting them or will ashton gate have become just a little more attractive by then ? secondly if it was so awful for cardiff to change the colour of their shirts why was their no squeak of protest when fgr did the same ,? oh well I suppose that plastic fans have no sense of history or tradition, and certainly not of loyalty !

Kinnel mate... do you not understand anything you read... I watch BCFC, FGR and Yate Town... I go to watch football close to where I live...this is not about 'Supporting' FGR... I go to watch football...whoever is playing...do you not understand that?

There was no protest, as the fans of FGR are obviously intelligent to realise the sentiment of the owner and what he is trying to achieve for the local community... unlike Cardiffs owner... how can you not see that?

I will 'stick with it mate'... because you won't find plastic fans their...you'll find fans of football... who go for a different experience..nothing to do with the football being played and winning...

You can't compare what's going on at Cardiff with what's going on at FGR's...

One is for pure commercial gain the other is for the benefit of the community and it has a great agenda.

If you actually went to see it yourself you would see with your own eyes what they are trying to do.

Read about it on their website too... http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/about-forest-green-rovers/ecotricity-and-forest-green-rovers/greening-up-football

They still have White and black away kit... the Green and Black is a nod to what they are trying to achieve... a green eco friendly Club that is sustainable and of benefit to the local community.

To compare with Cardiff is like chalk and cheese imho.

I already know what they are trying to do being a local native and fair play to them for their environmental concerns and what they are trying to achieve but I just don't care about that club whatsoever.. proven by the fact that the only competitive fixture I have been to was watching Oxford at the New Lawn when invited by my Oxford mate. Not saying that about all local clubs as I take big interest in the likes of Shortwood, Brimscombe, Kings Stanley etc all clubs plying their trade in the 8th tier and below but are on the up.

If I wasn't watching City I would rather watch one of the those clubs over FGR.

Edit:- the comment about Cardiff was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else.

And do, voraciously.

The huge increase in badgers over the last 30 years - up 13 fold - is said to be the main reason for the decline in hedgehogs.

Might "Aizoon" and/ or "Horace" be bunkered underground somewhere in Horfield, with evil designs on ridding this country of nasty badgers, masterminding the cull of the hog eating 'gers? And peddling the questionable theory that TB (Timothy Bird) is killing fat cows and must be wiped out?

I already know what they are trying to do being a local native and fair play to them for their environmental concerns and what they are trying to achieve but I just don't care about that club whatsoever.. proven by the fact that the only competitive fixture I have been to was watching Oxford at the New Lawn when invited by my Oxford mate. Not saying that about all local clubs as I take big interest in the likes of Shortwood, Brimscombe, Kings Stanley etc all clubs plying their trade in the 8th tier and below but are on the up.

If I wasn't watching City I would rather watch one of the those clubs over FGR.

Edit:- the comment about Cardiff was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else.

Fair play mate... that's cool... you obviously like watching local football like me... hence watching my local team Yate Town who I used to play for... right through Yate Utd boys under 13's to Yate Town... best days of my life playing local football.

I

Come on now Tim.

I love City too and was one of 364 people who were at Carlisle.  I've also been to every home game (including all cups) and a number of away games too.  I only go to FGR if City aren't playing and I've got nowt else to do and if I can afford it.  Let's not pretend any of us is a better supporter of BCFC than the next one.  We're all City and we all want the best for our club.

FGR's half price offer is open to ST holders of any club, not just City.  So what if they're advertising and trying to entice fans to their club.  Something that our club ought to do more of - advertising - don't you think?  If you pass through our town centre you'll see NOTHING telling you there might be a game on at AG.  We don't advertise our club.  Why not?  And why is it wrong for FGR to do this?

I'm not sure if you have read the ACTUAL words in my posts, but I am not swanning off to watch a winning team.  My support of BCFC is also unconditional, just like yours.  What's so wrong with me popping to a non-league team every now and then when MY club isn't playing.  And what is so wrong with pointing out how impressed I am with their facilities compared to what we have at AG.  I'm only suggesting City take a look at their model in the hope of making MY club, BCFC, a better club.

Great to hear this "Harry" fella is enjoying himself up FGR so much. Let's just hope when he's finished stuffing his chops up there with burgers and chips and fish and beer and cake and coffee and more chips*, that he remembers why the ... he's there in the first place. Or this "transition" is never going to bloody end.

*Roy Keane was right, all them years ago

Great to hear this "Harry" fella is enjoying himself up FGR so much. Let's just hope when he's finished stuffing his chops up there with veggie burgers and chips and fish and beer and cake and coffee and more chips*, that he remembers why the ... he's there in the first place. Or this "transition" is never going to bloody end.

Fixed it for you there Mr Q. :D

Fair play mate... that's cool... you obviously like watching local football like me... hence watching my local team Yate Town who I used to play for... right through Yate Utd boys under 13's to Yate Town... best days of my life playing local football.

I

Local football is great... used to watch Slimbridge a lot (mainly the seconds) when I was very young as my dad used to play for them. Before I could travel independently with City used to watch Dursley Town when they were County League standard.

I don't know what it is about FGR and my dislike for them, I admire what they did pre Vince in regards of achieving a lot of success by reaching the Conference Premier for such a small club but for me the club doesn't seem well supported in the local area Nailsworth and Stroud as for me I don't see many FGR supporters around its mainly neutrals who are City fans like yourself and Gas/Swindle fans who couldn't make an away game.

Great to hear this "Harry" fella is enjoying himself up FGR so much. Let's just hope when he's finished stuffing his chops up there with burgers and chips and fish and beer and cake and coffee and more chips*, that he remembers why the ... he's there in the first place. Or this "transition" is never going to bloody end.

Trust me your Honour ;-)... It is possible to sit and talk about football, players, prospective prospects etc, in a civil atmosphere, around a large round table, enjoying tasty grub and local produced cider and beer, and then meander out of the French doors into your seats to watch and make notes of who is playing, and what other Clubs Scouts are watching.... then come in and do the same post match....

It's very enjoyable as Harry will testify... ;-)

So youd be watching fgr if they were back in the glos county lge would you ? no dont think so ! and of course what fgr is different to what cardiff did ,! don't believe you ,but fp for sticking up for the club you currently support , talking of support,I assume you all honoured city with your support when times were good, ( I seem toremember many crud ers like you at Wembley ! but now times have changed a little you hace discoverd that ag is sooo nasty,and the new lawn is soon nice ! enjoy supporting fgr, hope you have the dignity not to come crawling back to ag when the good times return, although I doubt it somehow !

Get it right Les. That will be VEGGIE burger.

Fixed it for you there Mr Q. :D

It's our club that needs "fixing," and this is not going to happen, "Stroudie," my lad, while the likes of this "Harry" is filling his face with top drawer hippie-food, guzzling beer and generally poncing about in fancy, 21st century football hospitality suites, mingering with players and basically with his snout firmly wedged in the corporate "trough." Dispicable!

So youd be watching fgr if they were back in the glos county lge would you ? no dont think so ! and of course what fgr is different to what cardiff did ,! don't believe you ,but fp for sticking up for the club you currently support , talking of support,I assume you all honoured city with your support when times were good, ( I seem toremember many crud ers like you at Wembley ! but now times have changed a little you hace discoverd that ag is sooo nasty,and the new lawn is soon nice ! enjoy supporting fgr, hope you have the dignity not to come crawling back to ag when the good times return, although I doubt it somehow !

I think that's awfully harsh Tim, Spud has already mentioned he watches Yate Town, FGR as well as watching City and tbh reading his posts on here he is in full support of what is trying to be achieved at the club in regards to SO'D and has defended his view/stuck to his guns from the naysayers quite admirably (I happen to agree with him regarding the same issues at City)

There is nothing wrong with following and taking an interest in a local club as following City home and away can prove to be mightily expensive in this time of austerity and I don't think its down to the clubs current situation.

Christ mate... do you not understand anything you read?

I get abused for calling certain City fans numbskulls...but you certainly come into that category!

Read over what I've posted and you'll understand I go to CITY, FGR and YATE TOWN.... how many ******* times... hello clyde...earth calling mother ******* earth...kinnel it's like talking to a VEGGIE burger sometimes...not eating the damn things.

Come back when you understand plain English...either that or your just on a ****in massive wind up...

It's our club that needs "fixing," and this is not going to happen, "Stroudie," my lad, while the likes of this "Harry" is filling his face with top drawer hippie-food, guzzling beer and generally poncing about in fancy, 21st century football hospitality suites, mingering with players and basically with his snout firmly wedged in the corporate "trough." Dispicable!

As long as it was free he'd be laughing, despicable or not :)

That's the thing mate... it's not corporate at all.

It's open to any fan in the main stand. A bar selling local beers and ciders as well as the 'normal'... a kitchen with chef producing a massive array of cheap tasty food, served buffet style by lovely efficient polite young ladies... all in a civil environment.

Something all football Clubs should be doing for the average fan in this day and age imho.

Trust me your Honour ;-)... It is possible to sit and talk about football, players, prospective prospects etc, in a civil atmosphere, around a large round table, enjoying tasty grub and local produced cider and beer, and then meander out of the French doors into your seats to watch and make notes of who is playing, and what other Clubs Scouts are watching.... then come in and do the same post match....

It's very enjoyable as Harry will testify... ;-)

Normally, "spuds," I'd take your word on footballing matters without question. But when it's this "Harry" chap, on whose shoulders so much depends, let's just remind ourselves, that is under scrutiny here, then I'm going to take a great deal more convincing.

It wasn't so long ago that the cars the players drive, Audis and what have you, was being debated. Young players, at this level, not really made it yet, how dare they, etc...well, for players and Audis, you can now say, "Harry" and his "sort" and bloody veggie burgers! What has this "Harry" achieved thus far, that makes him think it's okay to swan around munching bloody weirdo, greeny burgers and come on here bragging about it?

Normally, "spuds," I'd take your word on footballing matters without question. But when it's this "Harry" chap, on whose shoulders so much depends, let's just remind ourselves, that is under scrutiny here, then I'm going to take a great deal more convincing.

It wasn't so long ago that the cars the players drive, Audis and what have you, was being debated. Young players, at this level, not really made it yet, how dare they, etc...well, for players and Audis, you can now say, "Harry" and his "sort" and bloody veggie burgers! What has this "Harry" achieved thus far, that makes him think it's okay to swan around munching bloody weirdo, greeny burgers and come on here bragging about it?

Haha... Classic... You should see the cars the FGR's players have. Little green electric cars...they even have electric points at the ground for them to charge up the cars... a most excellent idea imho...more clubs should be doing this...

I sit with Harry and others... trust me...any potential signings will be spotted ;-)

That's the thing mate... it's not corporate at all.

It's open to any fan in the main stand. A bar selling local beers and ciders as well as the 'normal'... a kitchen with chef producing a massive array of cheap tasty food, served buffet style by lovely efficient polite young ladies... all in a civil environment.

Something all football Clubs should be doing for the average fan in this day and age imho.

"Local" beers and ciders? "Tasty" food? "Efficient" and "polite"?? "CHEF"??!! FFS!! What is this? A Michellin Star competition?!! At least you said "cheap." I'll give you that, "spuds." What counts is "PROFIT." The quickest way to cream as much dosh from the gullible punters as possible. So that the head coach can start wasting it again on higher wages for nancy-boy championship quality players who can't be arsed or don't like being called names. Who can then spend this on flashy Audis and big FOff cars most punters can't afford, and line them up behind the Atyeo so the punters can file past them when they come out after a 0:4 spanking by Wolves.

That "New Yawk" thing they got going on in the Atyeo, now, the FGR hippies want to come down here and check that out.

We frequent there quite often KevP and we were going to go today but got Groupon tickets for Glos rugby. I took son there instead for his first taste of it, glad really as it made me even more assured that football rocks.. And yes the chips are and always have been class :)

Don't use Newcastle in the Cup as an example of an atmosphere at Gloucester. Get tickets for Bath/Worcester/Leicester then you'll experience a real atmosphere. The Shed is well known world wide, and for good reason. Hartlepool at home in FA Cup 1st round would be a shit atmosphere at City too....

Haha... Classic... You should see the cars the FGR's players have. Little green electric cars...they even have electric points at the ground for them to charge up the cars... a most excellent idea imho...more clubs should be doing this...

I sit with Harry and others... trust me...any potential signings will be spotted ;-)

"Any potential sightings"? What, of tasty food? My "trust" in you, "spuds," is diminishing. Quicker than a veg burger and chips down that "Harry's" neck

Archived