IGNORED

Nostalgic Football...

spudski

Those league ladder things were my favourite thing by far as a kid - couldn't wait for the new season to roll around and get the latest one, would update religiously 

And Roy of the R*vers - the best magazine, ever. Fact!

Never really got subutteo, always preferred Super Striker, remember that? Would've been late 70s, only produced two teams, looked suspiciously like Man United and WBA

Those league ladder things were my favourite thing by far as a kid - couldn't wait for the new season to roll around and get the latest one, would update religiously 

And Roy of the R*vers - the best magazine, ever. Fact!

Never really got subutteo, always preferred Super Striker, remember that? Would've been late 70s, only produced two teams, looked suspiciously like Man United and WBA

same here with the league ladders... loved them.

I never got Super Striker... Loved playing and collecting Subbuteo though. Used to have a Subbuteo league at school.

It was the biggest selling toy for a lot of the 70's. It was genius as there was so much to collect.

same here with the league ladders... loved them.

I never got Super Striker... Loved playing and collecting Subbuteo though. Used to have a Subbuteo league at school.

It was the biggest selling toy for a lot of the 70's. It was genius as there was so much to collect.

Remember having a poster on my wall with all the kits you could get on there, there were 100s of them. My pitch was never the same after it got rolled up funny once, killed it for me!

My favourite memory as a kind was going into Doug Hillards sport shop on Stapleton Rd at Christmas with ten pounds and coming out with a Chelsea kit, Man city kit, Man utd kit and a pair of Addidas international football boots. Must have been about 1970, those were the days !

Archived