IGNORED

Nostalgic Football...

spudski

Look at the number of times he's clipped, but stays on his feet to score. You don't see that today in the Prem :(

I made the same point in another thread, but the 'he was entitled to down' modern lobby think it's a skill.

The Chopper Harris attempted decapitation near the end could have been more than a clip had Best not been so good, how many modern players would have stayed on their feet for most of those challenges, the real point being I bet Harris felt far worse about the humiliation of Best staying on his feet.

Best player ever for me. (No pun intended)

and me no problem, big part of that era.

No but played at Eastville twice, once for manu and once for Fulham.

I made the same point in another thread, but the 'he was entitled to down' modern lobby think it's a skill.

The Chopper Harris attempted decapitation near the end could have been more than a clip had Best not been so good, how many modern players would have stayed on their feet for most of those challenges, the real point being I bet Harris felt far worse about the humiliation of Best staying on his feet.

My Dad took me to that game, just so that I could grow up saying I'd seen him play. Can't remember much about it though!

Didn't Fulham also have Rodney Marsh and Bobby Moore at the time?

yeh the stay on the feet thing. was at Wembley in 1970 leeds v Chelsea) edie gray gave the best version of wing play you'd ever see turned david webb the Chelsea fullback inside out,never went down .a joy to watch.

on the worst Wembley pitch in history. the horse of the year show had been there just a week,i think before the cup final, it was like a ploughed field!!!

Me and one of my brothers used to play an electronic game called Supercup football, for hours. I can't insert images but anyone remember that?

Subbuteo is a given and we got an 'astroturf' pitch in the end which was the bollox.

First PC games were Sensible Soccer and The Manager on the PC. Then came Championship Manager, of course.

Room was constantly plastered in posters from Shoot and Match magazine..

Dem were der days. . .

Me and one of my brothers used to play an electronic game called Supercup football, for hours. I can't insert images but anyone remember that?

Subbuteo is a given and we got an 'astroturf' pitch in the end which was the bollox.

First PC games were Sensible Soccer and The Manager on the PC. Then came Championship Manager, of course.

Room was constantly plastered in posters from Shoot and Match magazine..

Dem were der days. . .

Match day on the spectrum and kick off, kick off 2, kick off manager and sensible soccer on the Amiga.

For pure addiction when in work, try sim soc. Think it was written by a guy who lives in Hillesey on the way to Westonbirt Arboretum - rubbish graphics but highly addictive (or better than work I should say)

the only boots I had that lasted longer than a season!!

once had an Italian guy playin for us,he cleaned his boots with milk!!!

they were like a pair of slippers.

I used to buy a half size too small and sit in the bath with them on...they stretched to the shape of the foot.

Gary Emanuel used to coach us in his spare time and he told me to do this...

Archived