IGNORED

Nostalgic Football...

spudski

My first decent boots (as compared to the shoe shop specials)  Adidas Santiagos, which I used to dubbin regularly so they were as soft as a baby's backside. Dad nearly had a fit when I told him they cost about a fiver - the first time my boots cost more than my shoes!

Loving this thread, coming after watching 'when vinyl was king' on bbc4 last night, that was another trip down memory lane, brilliant.

Surprisingly Vinyl is on a big comeback with muso's... still kept all my collection. Spent many a Saturday morning in Plastic Wax Records on Gloucester Rd.

Remember these??????

George Best again.

They were by Stylo I think. Didn't have those, but did have a pair of Stylo Matchmaker - normal laces but a white flash down the side of the boots.

Anyone remember the football manager game on the Spectrum? You used to always want the bloke at the bottom to hit the shot and not the bloke at the top who always missed!

Great thread by the way, bringing back many memories.

My first ever boots were John Atyeo types, the first really cool ones were Puma Tottenham's (can't find an image) but my favorites were Adidas Penarol.

attachicon.gifUnknown.jpeg

Ah yes, John Atyeo's boots! I remember a particularly muddy day at the Gate where everyone else was slipping and sliding in modern 'shoes' and wearing budgie-smugglers and John was striding around in a huge pair of antique beetle-crushers and shorts almost down to his knees. Scored twice, IIRC :)

Classy football kits with no advertising on the front...just the Club badge.

There were some great designs during the 70's... loved the Manure 2nd kit...

admiral-book-1978-07.jpg

Sorry. I don't have much to add to this thread but agree about the kits.

Also, I remember not so long ago (think it was about 2001) City had a training polo shirt which was pretty much identical to that Utd kit. Was quite smart.

Anyone remember....

striker_box.jpg

striker_team.jpg

I inherited a set from my older brother. We had many matches against each other, but it always seemed that the one who had the guy with the dodgy sellotaped back on leg always won. He would of looked like Leroy Rosenior running if he could of ran, but he had a bullet of a shot!

Archived