IGNORED

Warnock Not On Talksport....

bemmyredjeff

QPR wanted success quickly and that's exactly what he gave them.

As for his win percentage a lot of those games are in the premier league with a newly promoted team that's not bad. SODs was a lot worse than that here also?

Yes I agree to a point but you could also say that SODs was a lot better before BCFC on the flip side.

Regardless, I'm a Bristol City fan and whoever is appointed will have my support. Unless it's Holloway.

That's alot of 'ifs' and neither of us have a crystal ball so I couldn't tell you. The guys close to retirement anyway so its going to be a 18-24 month appointment anyway if it were to happen, which is still short term territory.

There's older managers around. Bobby Robson did an excellent job at Newcastle in his older years. Do you work for the BBC?

Yes I agree to a point but you could also say that SODs was a lot better before BCFC on the flip side.

Regardless, I'm a Bristol City fan and whoever is appointed will have my support. Unless it's Holloway.

Looking at the list available I'd say Warnock is the best available. Second on purely manager ability would be Holloway.

It would be nice to have a manager with a bit of passion!

Don't think under SOD we played a great deal of good football? hoofing the ball to Baldock ring any bells.

We are not going to get out of this mess playing silky football.

Get Warnock in 12 month rolling contract.

Like the sound of Phelan or Rosler mind.

That was what...7/8 years ago?

His record at his last three clubs has been a win rate of 37% so about the same as SOD overall including his dismal spell here. Not quite the messiah he's claimed to be by a few on here

You should probably take out the prem matches then.. that win rate will go up a few points i should think.

You should probably take out the prem matches then.. that win rate will go up a few points i should think.

Not sure why people keep going on about win ratios! The rotherham manager last season had a better win ratio than Roberto Martinez i remember.

Hilarious isn't it? Then there are those who say they want continuity so we should appoint Warnock when the bloke will retire within two years. Completely pointless and a short term fix. Not to mention he's a dinosaur.

If he's appointed short term and keeps us up, I wouldn't call that a pointless short term fix. I'd call that the must useful contribution any our managers has made for 5 years.

5 pillars can continue but we've hit it too hard, too soon. We need to improve our record with young players, no doubt, but we need some quality experience alongside them. If Warnock arrives, 2 or 3 players will come in very quickly to fill the gaps.

He's not a long term solution, but he's exactly what we need right now.

That was what...7/8 years ago?

His record at his last three clubs has been a win rate of 37% so about the same as SOD overall including his dismal spell here. Not quite the messiah he's claimed to be by a few on here

One club in the prem

And that's 12% better then sod

One club in the prem

And that's 12% better then sod

If you choose to ignore that SOD ever managed anywhere other than Bristol City, yes.

If you're going to compare at least compare like with like.

SOD 36% and that includes the worst spell of his career at the managerial graveyard club that is bcfc

If he's appointed short term and keeps us up, I wouldn't call that a pointless short term fix. I'd call that the must useful contribution any our managers has made for 5 years.

5 pillars can continue but we've hit it too hard, too soon. We need to improve our record with young players, no doubt, but we need some quality experience alongside them. If Warnock arrives, 2 or 3 players will come in very quickly to fill the gaps.

He's not a long term solution, but he's exactly what we need right now.

This is spot on for me. Anyone who comes in and gets us half a dozen places up the league this season will do for me. Warnock may be a short term solution but he is just what we need right now. Lets get some passion back into the club. The performance against Orient shows there is fight there but the Blades match had me falling asleep. I don't think we would have played like that with Warnock in charge. The list of available managers does not inspire me at all, so its Warnock for me, even if it is only short term to stop us going down, although before anyone else says it, I know there are no guarantees it would work out.

This is spot on for me. Anyone who comes in and gets us half a dozen places up the league this season will do for me. Warnock may be a short term solution but he is just what we need right now. Lets get some passion back into the club. The performance against Orient shows there is fight there but the Blades match had me falling asleep. I don't think we would have played like that with Warnock in charge. The list of available managers does not inspire me at all, so its Warnock for me, even if it is only short term to stop us going down, although before anyone else says it, I know there are no guarantees it would work out.

Spot on

If you choose to ignore that SOD ever managed anywhere other than Bristol City, yes.

If you're going to compare at least compare like with like.

SOD 36% and that includes the worst spell of his career at the managerial graveyard club that is bcfc

You said his last 3 clubs so you ignored any of the previous I simply chose to play by your rules

Sod career stats were

Us 25%

Forest 38%

Crawley 0%

Donnie 36%

Bounmouth 36%

A avg of 27% but you can take out Crawley so that would be 33%

Let's look at Colin's last 4/5

Leeds 36%

Qpr 39%

Palace 36%

Sheffield u 42%

Bury 37%

His avg is 38 % still better then sod

Take out his lowest like sod it comes out at 38.5%

Still better then sod what ever way you look at it Colin is a better manager backed up by the stats

The only way to settle this is a scientific way, therefore I found http://www.lovecalculator.com/ and the results are pretty conclusive:

Love Calculator results These are the results of the calculations by Dr. Love:
Neil Warnock heart.pngBristol City
96 %
Dr. Love thinks that a relationship between Neil Warnock and Bristol City has a very good chance of being successful, but this doesn't mean that you don't have to work on the relationship. Remember that every relationship needs spending time together, talking with each other etc.

Excluding all cherry picking yes, Colin has won 4% more of his games. But it's also fair to say he's managed teams which are better set up for success than the ones SOD has.

Either way, Warnock is a perfectly OK choice for me, but I wouldn't have sacked SOD to get him if it were my club. I'm sure things would have come good for SOD had he been given more time.

But ifs and buts and all that...

Worth noting I sat with a couple of Sheffield United fans last weekend and they were both quite critical of Colin. And that was the most success he's bought to any club and their fans still were very quick to criticise.

It all depends on what's left afterwards,if it's similar to how GJ left it then we would be right back to where we started again.

It also depends on what your expectations are. Our history tells us we are a Championship-Div 1 yo-yo club. Apart for a short spell in the top league and a few brief spells in the bottom league, this is what we are. GJ did exactly what was asked of him and more. We haven't exactly excelled ourselves since he went have we?  

You said his last 3 clubs so you ignored any of the previous I simply chose to play by your rules

Sod career stats were

Us 25%

Forest 38%

Crawley 0%

Donnie 36%

Bounmouth 36%

A avg of 27% but you can take out Crawley so that would be 33%

Let's look at Colin's last 4/5

Leeds 36%

Qpr 39%

Palace 36%

Sheffield u 42%

Bury 37%

His avg is 38 % still better then sod

Take out his lowest like sod it comes out at 38.5%

Still better then sod what ever way you look at it Colin is a better manager backed up by the stats

Is it just me or are people trying to turn the game of football into American Football?

The statistics for manager win ratios have always been available yet only in the last few years, people have started to quote them as though they have found the meaning of life. We all know (or should know) that statistics are meaningless and can be adapted to manipulate an argument in any way you choose.

We're not comparing the salt content of food here but which manager will be the best fit for our club in the immediate- and long-term. Trying to do this scientifically is flawed because human beings are involved.

A similar, disturbing trend is to keep track of the number of "assists" that players have contributed but that's another point for another day!

Archived