IGNORED

Warnock Not On Talksport....

bemmyredjeff

We need someone who can turn the club around short term.

We appoint SO'D for long term and it DIDN'T work. We came into this season fresh, complete new team and have flopped BIG TIME.

Get Warnock in, keep us up this season, mid season next then build on the new confidence.

I don't want to bring someone in and say we are in transition and build from league 2, cause we may be at the bottom of league 2 next season saying we will build in the conference!

Excluding all cherry picking yes, Colin has won 4% more of his games. But it's also fair to say he's managed teams which are better set up for success than the ones SOD has.

Either way, Warnock is a perfectly OK choice for me, but I wouldn't have sacked SOD to get him if it were my club. I'm sure things would have come good for SOD had he been given more time.

But ifs and buts and all that...

Worth noting I sat with a couple of Sheffield United fans last weekend and they were both quite critical of Colin. And that was the most success he's bought to any club and their fans still were very quick to criticise.

We've tried short term solutions with players and that is expensive and doesn;t work but always went long term with managers offering long contracts until SoD came,

We need fire and steel in this league somthing Sod couldn't provide and something colin we all know would, its great trying to play pretty football but it hasn't worked we need to save our season this year and continue to build behind the scenes in order to bring sucsess,

Sod sacking is the correct call as results and performance have not been good enough full stop you can not argue that point it is fact, backed up by all the sististics and league postion,

What we can do is appoint some on for the interm (much like when millen took over from johnson or Fawthorp Leroy and tother one took over from pulis) save the season and give us ample time in the summer to carry on the good job McInnes started and SoD carried on,

We got good youngsters but we haven't got the correct balance of experiance

It also depends on what your expectations are. Our history tells us we are a Championship-Div 1 yo-yo club. Apart for a short spell in the top league and a few brief spells in the bottom league, this is what we are. GJ did exactly what was asked of him and more. We haven't exactly excelled ourselves since he went have we?

No because he left us in a mess,it was all short termism. No young players signed,or looked at, none brought through from the academy.

He's doing the same at Yeokil now.

We need someone who can turn the club around short term.

We appoint SO'D for long term and it DIDN'T work. We came into this season fresh, complete new team and have flopped BIG TIME.

Get Warnock in, keep us up this season, mid season next then build on the new confidence.

I don't want to bring someone in and say we are in transition and build from league 2, cause we may be at the bottom of league 2 next season saying we will build in the conference!

How do you know that appointing someone 'for long term' didn't work? The bloke we appointed 'for long term' only lasted 10 months!

If Warnock would come to BC, the board should do anything they can to get him here.

1 -  He has openly admitted on TalkSport that he would never say never if the right job came along

2 - He is no push over for the players, he will openly praise them and build the team as a unit and install the " them against us " attitude, he can probably get the players performing that extra 10% which is a lot when it is 11 players

3 - He has openly admitted that our fans were passionate when one of them lamped him and that he would one day like to manage our club

4 - He is completely different to SOD, very charasmatic with the media which is exactly what we need right now.

How do you know that appointing someone 'for long term' didn't work? The bloke we appointed 'for long term' only lasted 10 months!

Cause we had a fresh start with a new team in a lower league this season!

Nothing has changed, we haven't improved footballing wise, we are more defensive than before and we are in the relegation zone in the lower league!

I wouldn't of complained if we were comfortably mid table, it's the fact we are facing relegation again shows long term didn't work.

If he's appointed short term and keeps us up, I wouldn't call that a pointless short term fix. I'd call that the must useful contribution any our managers has made for 5 years.

5 pillars can continue but we've hit it too hard, too soon. We need to improve our record with young players, no doubt, but we need some quality experience alongside them. If Warnock arrives, 2 or 3 players will come in very quickly to fill the gaps.

He's not a long term solution, but he's exactly what we need right now.

We need long term. Look at McInnes, kept up as up short term as many are suggesting Warnock could, bet then Del got found out. Say Warnock is appointed, keeps us up and leaves in a while then what? Back to square one again.

Honestly don't think it can work, even more so with the long term and '5 pillars' in mind.

We need long term. Look at McInnes, kept up as up short term as many are suggesting Warnock could, bet then Del got found out. Say Warnock is appointed, keeps us up and leaves in a while then what? Back to square one again.

Honestly don't think it can work, even more so with the long term and '5 pillars' in mind.

nope we'd be in league one not league two which is where we were headed under SoD as the league table proves

nope we'd be in league one not league two which is where we were headed under SoD as the league table proves

In your opinion. No guarantees he would have kept us up or taken us down. Easy to say now he is gone.

Missed the point anyway, if we got a manager in short term, then after he left we would be back to square one again looking for yet another manager. We can't keep doing it and need to get one right. I've no doubt Warnock would be effective short term but we need long term.

Oh what complete plums some of you would look if he were appointed and succeeded.

Name me one club he managed and failed at.

Leeds? No money and sold players with no like for like replacements

Sheff Utd? got them in Prem only ti be relegated during a time most promoted teams lost their Premiership after one season

Didn't get a chance at QPR

Worked wonders at Palace that was leaking money every week

And add success at Notts County,Scarborough and dragging Plymouth out of a mess.

Forget this Dinosaur Bollox. Its 11v11 on the pitch. Some of you talk as though he's soon to be put into a pensioners home.

Id bet a months wages if Warnock came here we'd start climbing the league

Oh what complete plums some of you would look if he were appointed and succeeded.

Sheff Utd? got them in Prem only ti be relegated during a time most promoted teams lost their Premier League after one season

And add success at Notts County,Scarborough and dragging Plymouth out of a mess.

Forget this Dinosaur Bollox. Its 11v11 on the pitch. Some of you talk as though he's soon to be put into a pensioners home.

Spot on, he has a history of devloping players as well

Seems everybody's forgetting that Lansdown's not prepared to throw any more money at the club, so how the hell would they pay the sort of wage Warnock would be looking for ?

Personally I'd love to see him here, but he'd be in the same situation as O'driscoll, it's like trying to win a Formula One race in a Mini Metro, due to the money situation.

Apart from that can you see him working with the board, it'd be hysterical ?

Seems everybody's forgetting that Lansdown's not prepared to throw any more money at the club, so how the hell would they pay the sort of wage Warnock would be looking for ?

Personally I'd love to see him here, but he'd be in the same situation as O'Driscoll, it's like trying to win a Formula One race in a Mini Metro, due to the money situation.

Apart from that can you see him working with the board, it'd be hysterical ?

I doubt Warnock would be on anymore then SoD was to be honest,

Sheff Utd? got them in Prem only ti be relegated during a time most promoted teams lost their Premier League after one season

And I'd bet that I'd spend more time chatting bollocks with you and Paul than watching the endless hoofs and dirty flair-less tripe he'd serve up.

Regardless of how bad SOD was in anyones opinion, this guy is never in a million years going to improve the spectacle at AG and i doubt many would be able to stomach it for very long.

You know you're in the shit when Colin is being not just mentioned, but championed. This ***** can **** off, I rather give the job to Neil Killkenny

Yesterday you were saying you were pleased SOD was gone and now you're worried about Warnock coming. Despite not being a big fan of his, he is one of the better candidates on the who's who list of miserable candidates.

A case of careful what you wish for I think...

Funny that all the SOD OUT threads before were met with 'yes but who will replace him'. I remember the phrase 'literally anyone will do' being used more than once. Well surprise surprise...there isn't a massive list of hugeley successful out of work football managers beating down JL's door for the Black Friday sales!!!

Cause we had a fresh start with a new team in a lower league this season!

Nothing has changed, we haven't improved footballing wise, we are more defensive than before and we are in the relegation zone in the lower league!

I wouldn't of complained if we were comfortably mid table, it's the fact we are facing relegation again shows long term didn't work.

Yeah, but that's not 'long term' is it! At best we can say that a long term strategy hasn't worked yet. I'm not suggesting we carried on ad infinitum until City were playing in the Downs League, just that we shouldn't be eschewing the idea of long term plans yet

Yesterday you were saying you were pleased SOD was gone and now you're worried about Warnock coming. Despite not being a big fan of his, he is one of the better candidates on the who's who list of miserable candidates.

A case of careful what you wish for I think...

Funny that all the SOD OUT threads before were met with 'yes but who will replace him'. I remember the phrase 'literally anyone will do' being used more than once. Well surprise surprise...there isn't a massive list of hugeley successful out of work football managers beating down JL's door for the Black Friday sales!!!

I am pleased that SOD has gone. However how quickly some city fans will sell their soul, Warnock, Holloway, have you no shame?

Might as well bring in Holloway change our kit to Blue and White quarters. For those that say we would never do a Cardiff just read these threads, it would happen.

There are options out there but please, stay classy Bristol City

Like we've been blessed with pass masters.

The last timeI saw good football at Ashton Gate was under Danny Wilson.

I think you're missing my point, Stu.

One of our biggest gripes over the last few years is how boring its been, flairless and turgid. Warnock might well be effective up to a point, but I can think of a million things better to do that watch something that's effective. I want to see flair and passing and modern football... NOT Rob Hulse up front.

Yeah, but that's not 'long term' is it! At best we can say that a long term strategy hasn't worked yet. I'm not suggesting we carried on ad infinitum until City were playing in the Downs League, just that we shouldn't be eschewing the idea of long term plans yet

We were heading down a very bad path and showed no signs of that changing. SO'D couldn't keep us up in the Championship, what says he could do it in league 1?

We have sacked him leaving the new man plenty of time to keep us up, under SO'D we showed very little in terms of staying up, especially after having a "fresh start" this season.

Archived