IGNORED

Warnock Not On Talksport....

bemmyredjeff

Oh what complete plums some of you would look if he were appointed and succeeded.

Name me one club he managed and failed at.

Leeds? No money and sold players with no like for like replacements

Sheff Utd? got them in Prem only ti be relegated during a time most promoted teams lost their Premier League after one season

Didn't get a chance at QPR

Worked wonders at Palace that was leaking money every week

And add success at Notts County,Scarborough and dragging Plymouth out of a mess.

Forget this Dinosaur Bollox. Its 11v11 on the pitch. Some of you talk as though he's soon to be put into a pensioners home.

Id bet a months wages if Warnock came here we'd start climbing the league

Completely agree here, very good record of installing hard work into teams and building stubborn sides which is exactly what we need as we are pretty powderpuff!

Oh what complete plums some of you would look if he were appointed and succeeded.

Name me one club he managed and failed at.

Leeds? No money and sold players with no like for like replacements

Sheff Utd? got them in Prem only ti be relegated during a time most promoted teams lost their Premier League after one season

Didn't get a chance at QPR

Worked wonders at Palace that was leaking money every week

And add success at Notts County,Scarborough and dragging Plymouth out of a mess.

Forget this Dinosaur Bollox. Its 11v11 on the pitch. Some of you talk as though he's soon to be put into a pensioners home.

Id bet a months wages if Warnock came here we'd start climbing the league

I don't think anyone can dispute that in the short term Warnock would succeed here. In fact IF he got the job I wouldn't bet against us sneaking into the play offs. I have no doubt that short term he would be as good as any.

Does that mean I want him to get the job? No. Why? For starters appointing Warnock would go against everything the club/board have said they want to do. We want to plan long term and can't keep doing that with constant change. He would have to win things to be won over by the fans. A lot don't like him and want him here, coupled with the fact the style of football he would bring would be anything but easy on the eye. I thought we all wanted to see free flowing, possession based football? Good luck with that if Warnock comes in.

Also with all the change behind the scenes is he really the man to over see everything? Could he nurture the youth set up in the way it's needed? I just worry that the game has moved on and Warnock hasn't.

For the record I've no doubt he will be absolutely excellent for us SHORT term. But we need some long term structure. I just don't believe he is the man to over see the great change we are set to go through, that is of course if the board are still intent on sticking to the long term plan.

Happy to be proved wrong as I would be with any manager of course.

We were heading down a very bad path and showed no signs of that changing. SO'D couldn't keep us up in the Championship, what says he could do it in league 1?

We have sacked him leaving the new man plenty of time to keep us up, under SO'D we showed very little in terms of staying up, especially after having a "fresh start" this season.

I don't know whether you're missing my point on purpose...

I'm not arguing about the sacking of SOD (though I still disagree with it), I'm disagreeing with your assertion that long term plans haven't worked by pointing out that 10 months can hardly be described as long term. Therefore, long term plan has not failed, long term plan has been terminated prior to its end point. We can't possibly now know whether SOD would have succeeded here of not, though it can't be denied that its not been a success to this point. However, to ditch long term plan in favour of a quick fix of likely mediocrity is pointless and why we're in the mess in the first place

Well Palace fans describe his as someone who bangs heads together, gets everyone working together at 100 %, gave many youth players a chance, turned an average side into promotion contenders, galvanises the players at his disposal. All comments from their fans when comparing him to Pulis. Sounds just like the sort we need right now.

As for short term, well almost all managers are short term. Very short term at City.

I for one think watching barcelona or arsenal is about as boring as it gets for me , sod had delusions of us playing like this .50 passes and not out your own half yawn yawn.i might be old fashioned but warnocks teams get the ball where its needed and gives fans something to wake em up.thats how it always was whats wrong with that ,not every one likes pretty over passing gootball.

I for one think watching barcelona or arsenal is about as boring as it gets for me , sod had delusions of us playing like this .50 passes and not out your own half yawn yawn.i might be old fashioned but warnocks teams get the ball where its needed and gives fans something to wake em up.thats how it always was whats wrong with that ,not every one likes pretty over passing gootball.

Look at the teams that have done well in recent years from a similar position to us.. Swansea and Southampton are the two most popular examples and they did it playing football on the ground. Also, we should theoretically be able to produce more technically able (and concequently more "sell-able") footballers if we coach players in this way.

And Arsenal, boring? Really? I find them quite interesting to watch when they're playing well.

I don't know whether you're missing my point on purpose...

I'm not arguing about the sacking of SOD (though I still disagree with it), I'm disagreeing with your assertion that long term plans haven't worked by pointing out that 10 months can hardly be described as long term. Therefore, long term plan has not failed, long term plan has been terminated prior to its end point. We can't possibly now know whether SOD would have succeeded here of not, though it can't be denied that its not been a success to this point. However, to ditch long term plan in favour of a quick fix of likely mediocrity is pointless and why we're in the mess in the first place

And there you have it. If you're 17, ten months is a long time. If you're 67, it isn't.

Look at the teams that have done well in recent years from a similar position to us.. Swansea and Southampton are the two most popular examples and they did it playing football on the ground. Also, we should theoretically be able to produce more technically able (and concequently more "sell-able") footballers if we coach players in this way.

And Arsenal, boring? Really? I find them quite interesting to watch when they're playing well.

Not saying they are not great sides obviously fantastic teams ,but i was brought up watching cut and thrust goal mouth action crosses long range shots from midfield. The new age want to walk it in and frankly it bores me rigid i can not watch either barcelona or arsenal without flicking the telly over . So hoof ball as fans are calling it is not exactly right you can play a long ball acurately and split teams apart ,its about entertainment AND. Winning .i dont want to wait 5years to cultivate passing football im watching it now.

Not saying they are not great sides obviously fantastic teams ,but i was brought up watching cut and thrust goal mouth action crosses long range shots from midfield. The new age want to walk it in and frankly it bores me rigid i can not watch either barcelona or arsenal without flicking the telly over . So hoof ball as fans are calling it is not exactly right you can play a long ball acurately and split teams apart ,its about entertainment AND. Winning .i dont want to wait 5years to cultivate passing football im watching it now.

Red Colin...Are you Warnock in disguise!!??? :laugh:

Anyway, keep us up and you'll have our eternal gratitude!

Archived