IGNORED

3 And Half Year Deal... (Merged)

spudski

Three in a half years in a hell of a long time in football. Go back roughly that period in our timeline and we have:

Coppell joining us along with Albert & Cisse. Then David James, nicky Hunt,

McCombe, Hartley and Orr leaving.

Coppell leaving, Millen appointed with Wiggly who then brought in Stead & Pitman. Maynard out for months with injury.

Seems ages ago doesn't it.

More angry at the 3.5 years than the appointment itself. Am willing to give SC a chance although I'm not optimistic at all, however to give such a long contract is shocking. The board have turned their back on their 'plan' - was there ever one? - and I have absolutely no faith in them sticking to this new one.

Bloody stupid decision whoever came in should have just had a contract till the end of the season as if we do go down we could just get rid.

I don't approve of a 42 month contract, but we had to offer more than 6 months. No-one would've applied. We are not an alluring club.

If we're relegated this season then he will be gone and we got 3 years of his contract to pay up. What's his wage gonna be 150k a year? So that's close to half a million to pay him off if we go down. Well done board. Another costly mistake waiting to happen.

What if they are thinking if we do get relegated he stays with a pay cut and gets us back up. Or it may be keep us up and grt a pay rise. That would be sticking with the long term plan. What I'm trying to say is none of us know what's going to change if anything. So for now let's be positive and get behind him and the team.

I'd have said a year myself. Then we could afford to sack him after six months, as is our wont :(

A rolling year - same as O'Driscoll - would be sensible and "prudent".

I think in desperately wanting him - and having this alleged rival bidder - the board lost sight of the fact that SC needs this job to rebuild his reputation - after the Forest fiasco.

Is this the same family that helped to create Hargreaves Lansdown? Did they create such a huge empire by dishing out long contracts like confetti. I think not.

Someone has taken leave of their senses.

Maybe it's for 3.5 months?

This simply says to me "as a club we are really desperate and in negotiations the candidate had us over a barrel".

Hargreaves Lansdown has helped many people to top up their pensions over the years. Maybe BCFC are at it too?

Probably be 50K to 75K a year. Hardly earth shattering.

Please remember it's not the same as paying Neil Killkeny 10k a week for 5.5 years.

Sacking him after 18 months with cost SL next to **** all. It's no big deal.

I wouldn't disagree. Probably a small wage with bonus payments. We have no idea of the contract content , it could be a shroud move! You never know he may sort it out? We've tryied every other approach, I think a direct approach is needed. I love passing football but need my club to remain in the football league first !

I wouldn't disagree. Probably a small wage with bonus payments. We have no idea of the contract content , it could be a shroud move! You never know he may sort it out? We've tryied every other approach, I think a direct approach is needed. I love passing football but need my club to remain in the football league first !

SC had them over a barrel - they wanted him here before.. They approached no one else.. Hard to see them playing hard ball.. More like what will it take for you to come.

I still can't believe they have basically offered him as good as a 4 year deal. Unbelievable.

Understand your concern Taylor10... but have to say that I am coming around to this one...

...of course, if he is the disaster that most are predicting then the contract length will be insane!...

...if he is good then it will be a ****ing masterstroke!

He really must be a close friend of Dawe because that is a very long contract and will cost a lot to pay off when he gets the sack!

If he is like Pulis in style then I will not stay to watch - but I will give him every chance and encouragement even though it seems that the players will have to unlearn all the footballing ambition that they learned from SO'D.

Somehow it doesn't feel like a brave new start.

When is this rubbish going to end.Our players learned footballing ambition from SOD.Well it got them to 23rd in the league let's hope they "unlearn" this as soon as bl00dy possible.

Understand your concern Taylor10... but have to say that I am coming around to this one...

...of course, if he is the disaster that most are predicting then the contract length will be insane!...

...if he is good then it will be a ****ing masterstroke!

It is a concern Superjack.

Either way 4 months or 4 years we need to back him now. I didn't want him but I really hope he proves me and everyone else wrong.

It's done now and in our current situation absolutely nothing good can come from not giving him a clean slate and our full support. We are in the shit at present, this club needs to pull it's act together and it has to be now.

This is by no means a 'happy clapper' rallying type statement but it is a fact.

It is a concern Superjack.

Either way 4 months or 4 years we need to back him now. I didn't want him but I really hope he proves me and everyone else wrong.[/qoute]

Couldn't agree more...

...of course he wouldn't have been my choice...

...but the vitriol on here for someone who has not even started the job yet is to say the least embarrassing and says more about the intelligence (or lack of) of our fanbase than anything.

I think a lot of it has not been put across very well. The anger should be directed at the board and not SC.

Giving SC a fair crack at it doesn't mean all will be forgotten by the board. I admit though the vitriol on here has been completely over the top, as it always is. This is OTIB though....never a dull moment and all that!

I think a lot of it has not been put across very well. The anger should be directed at the board and not SC.

Giving SC a fair crack at it doesn't mean all will be forgotten by the board. I admit though the vitriol on here has been completely over the top, as it always is. This is OTIB though....never a dull moment and all that!

I don't really remember seeing this after previous appointments though..

Wonder if it's mostly venting frustration after just some bad years.. continual promises and changes yet seemingly the club just keeps slipping backwards...

Maybe it's good, get it all out of our system so we can settle down again...

I don't really remember seeing this after previous appointments though..

Wonder if it's mostly venting frustration after just some bad years.. continual promises and changes yet seemingly the club just keeps slipping backwards...

Maybe it's good, get it all out of our system so we can settle down again...

Possibly yeah. I must admit I've not seen or known of a reaction this bad for a very long time.

Maybe it is good, the fans certainly shouldn't have to settle for something they don't want quietly.

Sorry about my last reply getting swallowed up by your post...

...a mixture of my 'bellend' of a phone and my misjudgement after about six pints... :drunk2:

I think that the vitriol has been put across very well...

... well... not well... but fervently...

... and as far as I can ascertain, it has been directed not at the board... but at the poor individual that has just arrived.

I genuinely despair of the average IQ of our average 'supporter'.

Sorry about my last reply getting swallowed up by your post...

...a mixture of my 'bellend' of a phone and my misjudgement after about six pints... :drunk2:

I think that the vitriol has been put across very well...

... well... not well... but fervently...

... and as far as I can ascertain, it has been directed not at the board... but at the poor individual that has just arrived.

I genuinely despair of the average IQ of our average 'supporter'.

Haha! Fair play mate. Having a few pints to celebrate the arrival of Cotterill!? ;)

I genuinely despair as well but they won't ever change I don't think!

it could be a shroud move!

It certainly has been for many managers here !

Cotterill said he got another - seemingly late - offer to manage 'a Northern club'.

Perhaps the board had to then at least match the length of their contract offer.

Agree though it's too long.

Good tactics Cotterill.....unlike your "on the pitch" ones.........I would willingly have paid his trainfare.......Oooop North

Archived