IGNORED

Board Representation

Jordan Tansley

There are a number of questions that absolutely need answering by members of our board room. To not take part in the introduction of Cotterill was just about the most cowardly thing I've seen from these chancers.

1) After the pronouncements about the end of expensive long term deals for managers what justification can there be for such a long contract being handed to a manager who epitomises the term 'journeyman'? 

2) Cotterill now holds the position of Manager, despite the rhetoric when SOD was appointed. A detailed explanation of this change in direction is required?

3) Can the fans actually trust anything that comes from the lips of the unelected leaders of this club? Due diligence and a patient and thorough recruitment process? One man interviewed (No, approached and given the job)?

4) Who were the other applicants, did you even consider looking through them? If so, what does Cotterill have that makes him the best candidate?

5) What precisely is the nature of KD and SC's relationship and did it have any baring on the employment of SC?

6) If this does not work out will the board take responsibility for their continued ineptitude and incompetence?

Good luck getting answers on those JT - but absolutely the questions we should be asking

I have tweeted the club to ask about board representation at the PC, as have others I suspect. Will be interesting to see if we get an answer. Someone asked the club if the OS could have a list of board members, their roles etc etc last night, he was asked why he wanted to know this....strike anyone else as an odd response?

I am not sure it is usual practice to name candidates who fail a selection process. If this were the case my name would be a huge hit on google.

Also, when you say 'unelected' board members are you not confusing a football club with a parliament or town council?

Everybody keeps blaming the board the new manager etc etc -suggest some city fans take a long look in the mirror! 

I blame myself for plenty of things that happen in my life, because I'm the person controlling it

I blame the board for decisions that I don't agree with at my football club, because they are the people controlling it

See how that works?

There are a number of questions that absolutely need answering by members of our board room. To not take part in the introduction of Cotterill was just about the most cowardly thing I've seen from these chancers.

1) After the pronouncements about the end of expensive long term deals for managers what justification can there be for such a long contract being handed to a manager who epitomises the term 'journeyman'? 

2) Cotterill now holds the position of Manager, despite the rhetoric when SOD was appointed. A detailed explanation of this change in direction is required?

3) Can the fans actually trust anything that comes from the lips of the unelected leaders of this club? Due diligence and a patient and thorough recruitment process? One man interviewed (No, approached and given the job)?

4) Who were the other applicants, did you even consider looking through them? If so, what does Cotterill have that makes him the best candidate?

5) What precisely is the nature of KD and SC's relationship and did it have any baring on the employment of SC?

6) If this does not work out will the board take responsibility for their continued ineptitude and incompetence?

In all seriousness, do you fancy sending that to Stockhausen and try and get it in the local press? These questions need to be answered.

In all seriousness, do you fancy sending that to Stockhausen and try and get it in the local press? These questions need to be answered.

I've spoken to Dave L already, hopefully an answer from them as opposed to through him will be forth-coming. But yeah, I'll tweet him a link to this thread (Not that he usually needs help stealing ideas from here!!) ;)

I've spoken to Dave L already, hopefully an answer from them as opposed to through him will be forth-coming. But yeah, I'll tweet him a link to this thread (Not that he usually needs help stealing ideas from here!!) ;)

Nice one. The board really need to be brought to task and it's the local media's job to start asking some serious questions of them. We all need answers!

One of the clubs much heralded pillars is the academy and youth development. Can parents with children entering that pathway player be assured that BCFC will be a club that values skill and technique?

As parents will be entrusting their children to BCFC for years I would be interested to know if Steve Cotterill will be altering styles of play throughout the club.

Presumably because he is still himself trying to remove his face from his palm at the news that those #*#!s have given him a 3 and a bloody half year contract... three and a half years. What planet are they on?!

It may be reactionary, but at this minute I hold them in lower esteem than I hold Pulis... he set about ripping apart our club but we got a get out of jail free card when Pompey came calling. SL has ripped apart our club and stripped the assets. I would love to get out of jail with a new owner popping up.

Absolutely right on the money, Jordan. I posted on the thread "I want manager, not a head coach" both yesterday and today, raising some of the same issues, if you care to have a look at it.

I think it's an excellent idea to try to get local media interested in these aspects of the situation. The behaviour of the people in the boardroom is now starting to scare me to death: I haven't been this alarmed about the future of the club since the dark days of 1982. They seem to hide when it suits them and are accountable to no-one. Like many others, I find their absence from a new manager's unveiling a quite extraordinary breach of a protocol that is followed almost universally in the sport: I can't think of another professional football club that would have done this.

Your question 5 is very important. We have already seen the rapid elevation of SL's inexperienced son - and its consequences. Is there further personal favouritism involved in SC's appointment? There is nothing illegal about the former, of course: SL can do pretty much what he likes. I don't know what an employment lawyer would say about the second point. But it's not legality that one's most concerned with. It's about ethics, sound management, and not only doing the best thing for the club's interests, but being seen to do that.

Very, very worrying.

So just consider the opposite scenario to the one where the board has thought about this in advance, acted decisively and got a manager in quickly to address the current league position and assess ahead of the transfer window opening. That is they take weeks and weeks to work through applications losing several shortlisted candidates to rival offers. Eventually appoints manager but transfer window time narrowing snd meanwhile ecit cup and fall deeper into relegation zone. ... you get the picture.

Fact is a lot of people are fed up with the boring play and crap results and would moan at whatever happened next. Demanding justification from the board is a pointless process. Its simply about getting back to entertaining and winning football really urgently. Until then, anything anyone does is wrong and bound to be damned.

1} None

2) We won't get it

3) No

4) "Confidential"

5) "Confidential"

6) No

• Admin

Blimey I had forgotten all about Dave. Where is he? not seen a blog or any messages on here recently

Archived