IGNORED

Louis Carey

A Horse With No Name

Looks like he will be breaking Atyeo's appearance record after all. However, sources from within the club have been saying that he was instrumental, in his role as senior pro, in nudging SOD toward the exit door. Apparently SOD made it perfectly clear to Carey that he would not play him just to help him complete the tally he needs, and Carey chipped away at the powers that be that SOD was not the man for the job.

Carey has previous form in this department with the removal of Gary Johnson, and lo and behold, in Cotts first game in charge, Carey gets a couple of minutes at the end. Make of it what you will, but when he gets the record appearance sometime in the near future, it will be somewhat tainted in my opinion.

Looks like he will be breaking Atyeo's appearance record after all. However, sources from within the club have been saying that he was instrumental, in his role as senior pro, in nudging SOD toward the exit door. Apparently SOD made it perfectly clear to Carey that he would not play him just to help him complete the tally he needs, and Carey chipped away at the powers that be that SOD was not the man for the job.

Carey has previous form in this department with the removal of Gary Johnson, and lo and behold, in Cotts first game in charge, Carey gets a couple of minutes at the end. Make of it what you will, but when he gets the record appearance sometime in the near future, it will be somewhat tainted in my opinion.

Well, we might take your post more seriously if you could spell his bloody name :grr:

PS He's changed it now, just in case you're baffled ;)

I'm a huge fan of Louis' ever since seeing his first appearance at York. But, beating the record of a man who only ever played for one club, and who played in the days before subs, on the back of a few appearances in the 88th minute is going to be a pretty hollow sort of achievement isn't it?

Sorry but  I really don't agree with you. Carey has been a terrific servant to the club. Granted he may have not reached the same pinacle in his career as Atyeo but Louis has played those games. It's a shame he had a stint at Coventry but that doesn't matter. It's a massive achievement and I'll be celebrating his achievement. It would be churlish to do otherwise.  

Apologies, mixed you up with somebody yelse, don't agrde with your opinion though, but who knows ? it's better not to listen to gossip !

That's ok bud. Obviously don't expect many to agree, but most people have rose tinted specs when it comes to legends like Carey, which he has been. However, I do know people inside the club, but lets leave it at that. 

I'm a huge fan of Louis' ever since seeing his first appearance at York. But, beating the record of a man who only ever played for one club, and who played in the days before subs, on the back of a few appearances in the 88th minute is going to be a pretty hollow sort of achievement isn't it?

Atyeo played for Portsmouth too. Just for factual accuracy.

Rich S - sorry, my 'quote button doesn't seem to be working! I'm not disagreeing with you and with the achievement that it will be. But Atyeo's was some achievement too. My post wasn't meant to be a go at Louis, or at his achievement - just referring to the implication of the OP that with SCs arrival he'd been assured of getting the record - and questioning whether that just meant putting him on in the 90th minute (like today) for the next couple of games - and I just think that would be a bit of a let down.

SOD was the only reason Carey got a new contract, the board didn't want to give him one and SOD fought and said he was worth another year due to his experience and know how.

Total rubbish!

Exactly, also, I stand to be corrected, but Carey has been out injured until the last couple of weeks hasn't he?

Rich S - sorry, my 'quote button doesn't seem to be working! I'm not disagreeing with you and with the achievement that it will be. But Atyeo's was some achievement too. My post wasn't meant to be a go at Louis, or at his achievement - just referring to the implication of the OP that with SCs arrival he'd been assured of getting the record - and questioning whether that just meant putting him on in the 90th minute (like today) for the next couple of games - and I just think that would be a bit of a let down.

I think that, if he does break Atyeo's record, it should be in a game he starts. Interesting test of SC's attitude, perhaps?

Utter cobblers.

Have you got it in for Louis Carey, is that why this stuff keeps appearing about Carey outing the manager ?

Archived