IGNORED

Louis Carey

A Horse With No Name

It is a shame that a rare positive day on the pitch has been tarnished by the re-emergence of this man again.

What man would this be then? The man that's played over 600 games for the club? The man who's broken his nose countless times and fractured his skull for the cause? To be honest reading crap from morons like you has tarnished today for me.

507 minutes on the pitch in 2013 and 4 minutes so far for this season...

Asks the question: Did we really need to give him a contract in the summer? Would his wages been better spent on someone younger?

Deserves all the plaudits when he beats the record and it's pointless to compare different era players - is Messi good enough to tie Pele's or Maradona's laces? He scores loads of goals but he doesn't have to deal with the differences in the game such as; offside rule changed to give attacker the advantage, no pass back to goalie, no tackles from behind etc...

Asks the question: Did we really need to give him a contract in the summer? Would his wages been better spent on someone younger?

Deserves all the plaudits when he beats the record and it's pointless to compare different era players - is Messi good enough to tie Pele's or Maradona's laces? He scores loads of goals but he doesn't have to deal with the differences in the game such as; offside rule changed to give attacker the advantage, no pass back to goalie, no tackles from behind etc...

can't compare era's really messi plays in an era where games are faster with lighter balls so ball control has be better!also playing Saturday Tuesday Saturday so have to be fitter! Pele as you mentioned had to deal with different rules and players who could hack the Jesus out of you and it was legal who's better no one could say to totally different games!

Sorry but  I really don't agree with you. Carey has been a terrific servant to the club. Granted he may have not reached the same pinacle in his career as Atyeo but Louis has played those games. It's a shame he had a stint at Coventry but that doesn't matter. It's a massive achievement and I'll be celebrating his achievement. It would be churlish to do otherwise.

Great servant but has outstayed his welcome and should have been retired the moment we were supposedly leaving the past behind us.thanks for some fantastic memories but the time has come and gone.anyway,either the moustache goes or I do-(not to mention the wallpaper)

My 2 penny worth on the subject. I too feel Carey has been here 2 seasons too many, but if he goes on to break the record fair play to him. The managers pick him, he doesn't get to choose himself.

But, to me his appearance record and Atyeo's seem like different things as they happened in two very different eras. Carey has had the medical support Atyeo could only have dreamed of, many injuries possibly suffered by Louis would have been career threatening in Atyeo's day. Were there more matches Carey was available to play in, lots more cups etc now? The subs rule is different, Carey was sometimes named as 1 of 7 subs, I guess in John's day there was only 1 sub? I don't know but was competition less in Atyeo's day, there seem to be loads of footballers around now? Etc, etc. 2 very different eras.

My 2 penny worth on the subject. I too feel Carey has been here 2 seasons too many, but if he goes on to break the record fair play to him. The managers pick him, he doesn't get to choose himself.

But, to me his appearance record and Atyeo's seem like different things as they happened in two very different eras. Carey has had the medical support Atyeo could only have dreamed of, many injuries possibly suffered by Louis would have been career threatening in Atyeo's day. Were there more matches Carey was available to play in, lots more cups etc now? The subs rule is different, Carey was sometimes named as 1 of 7 subs, I guess in John's day there was only 1 sub? I don't know but was competition less in Atyeo's day, there seem to be loads of footballers around now? Etc, etc. 2 very different eras.

No subs in most of Big John's career. Didn't they come in after two successive FA cup finals were ruined by injuries? 64 and 65?

No subs in most of Big John's career. Didn't they come in after two successive FA cup finals were ruined by injuries? 64 and 65?

I wasn't sure, way before my time. I can only ever remember watching football with at least one sub.

If this is true, it's hardly anything new.

Player revolts are what drive a manager out, added to poor form.

Happens in most cases - part of a footballers ego/power.

I think it's more likely to be that we had the league's second biggest budget, but were second from bottom, that sealed. SOD's. fate - don't you?

I really have no interest in whether this is true or not.

In the probable event that Louis Carey beats John Atyeo's record he will get a metaphorical pat on the back from me because he will deserve the credit coming his way. He needs to lose that stupid Nordic beard mind. ;)

+1

I quite like that Nordic beard look and was thinking of sporting one myself.

44 of that 507 away at Blackburn last season where he practically carried the entire team. One of the best pieces of leadership I've seen from a City player in years.

He just doesn't have the legs for an entire game.

Utter rubbish.

Louis felt that "SOD was the best coach he's ever played under" and that he was "really disappointed to see him go".

Source?... Sue Carey (his Mum!) at Tamworth yesterday.

It's also a well known fact that SOD faught to get him a 1 year deal this year.

Move on.

Archived