IGNORED

Ryan Taylor Won't Celebrate If He Scores Against Rotherham

headhunter

Which in any other job means to earn more money. Football is no different they just use fans feelings to make it seem like they are doing it for any other reason other than money.

If he respected the club that much he would still be there.

Like Cole Skuse you mean ?  Cole is a big city fan but decided on a career move, OK maybe the money was an issue but probably not the only one.

I really don't care if he celebrates or not, I don't celebrate when I do something good at work.

Whatever level of football any of us have played at, we've no doubt all experienced the natural exhilaration of scoring a goal.

You don't rub it in to the opposition if they're a former club by doing cartwheels directly in front of them, but you don't need to completely snuff out your emotions either.

There is a middle way which means celebrating less exhuberantly than normal, and this is what players in Taylor's position should do imo, rather than making such a big thing about it either beforehand, or at the moment of scoring.

I was playing footy in the back garden against my own kids yesterday. I scored an absolute corker against my 5 yr old daughter, didn't stop me celebrating! The pitch is no place for sentimentality!

Any chance you could arrange a practice match for Taylor to play against your daughter? He might then have a chance of scoring which would boost his confidence

Do uou think he might have practised not celebrating this week at training?

This would have involved some of that "visualisation" that top, top sports people do these days. So, he would have to visualise scoring, but not celebrating. I hope he doesn't get muddled up and visualises missing a sitter, then running over to the away bit to celebrate. Tricky stuff being a footballer, you know.

Archived